309 40SP - 2 questions

Guest Chesterbelle

Guest Chesterbelle

Hi All!

On the 40SP form and looking at the booklet it says that the sponsor must be a permanent auatralian citizen and usually resident in Australia. My OH (who is Autralian) and I have been together for nearly 2 years and he has been in the UK for 7.5 years - Evidently we are trying to move to Oz. Can he complete this form even if he is not "normally resident" in Oz now but will be obviously when we get the green light to move over there??

Also one other quick question - I am now at the point of bundling my masterpiece of an application together - how have you all displayed the information? There's lots...............

Thanks in advnace - I cannot wait to get this sent!:confused:

Guest WannaGoToOZ

I think they mainly look at citizenship of the sponsor. 7.5 years isn't a lifetime. We did the exact same app and just got approved and my sponsor was living with me in the U.S. when we applied.

Your application should be loose leaf in the order that you want them to view it. No staples, binders, etc. I think they scan them and keep electronic files. Paperclips are fine though. We also sent ours using a method that gave us a tracking number so we could feel safer about it reaching them okay.

Guest Sk1ppy
Hi All!

On the 40SP form and looking at the booklet it says that the sponsor must be a permanent auatralian citizen and usually resident in Australia. My OH (who is Autralian) and I have been together for nearly 2 years and he has been in the UK for 7.5 years - Evidently we are trying to move to Oz. Can he complete this form even if he is not "normally resident" in Oz now but will be obviously when we get the green light to move over there??

Also one other quick question - I am now at the point of bundling my masterpiece of an application together - how have you all displayed the information? There's lots...............

Thanks in advnace - I cannot wait to get this sent!:confused:

Hi Chesterbelle, Im an aussie and im sponsoring my partner to move to oz. Ive been living in the UK for about 7 years and it wasnt a problem. We used an agent and he wouldve told us if there was an issue with it. We were told to separate all the sections with a coloured piece of paper so that when they scan it, its easy to assess.

Good luck :cute:

Guest Chesterbelle

Thanks guys! Just bundling it all up now and getting my documents certified - it is only our passports & birth certificates that need certifying?

Guest Sk1ppy
Thanks guys! Just bundling it all up now and getting my documents certified - it is only our passports & birth certificates that need certifying?

My agent got us to verify everything but theres loads of people on here who only certified those and still got their visa. you'll be fine