where to live (long thread)

watford

Hello,

After coming back from our reccie a few weeks ago, we think we are going to live in one of these 3 areas.

1. Kingsley http://reiwa.com.au/Buy/Pages/More-info.aspx?SearchType=RESRENT&prop_no=1&listingid=10067505&listingno=3067674&puid=0

2. Joondalup http://reiwa.com.au/Buy/Pages/More-info.aspx?SearchType=RESRENT&prop_no=9&listingid=1189051&listingno=2810602&puid=0

3. Aveley http://reiwa.com.au/Buy/Pages/More-info.aspx?SearchType=RESRENT&prop_no=1&listingid=10066904&listingno=3067072&puid=0

above, I have put links to rental houses under $500 per week, each area has has it's pros and cons

1. kingley - pros - nice wide green street, central location, safe area.close to the beach

cons - don't get as much property for money, older houses

2. Joondalup - pros - central, lots going on in the area, close to the beach, good vibe in the area

cons - don't get as much property for your money, older houses, more populated

3. Aveley - pros - new houses, lots of parks, clean

cons - slightly cut off, half hour drive to the beach, no public transport there, limited activities

all locations are roughly the same distance to the airport.

I am drawn to living in Aveley because I love the idea of the nice new houses with the nice alfresco areas, and the theatre rooms. I also believe this is where you will spend most of your time as you are not going to go the beach/ out everyday.

My wife, although she like the new houses, is drawn to Joondalup for the location, the fact that everything is there for there for you and it is not too far from th beach.

We both quite like kingsley.

I know everyone is different, but if you live in one of these areas, or are thinking of living in or know these areas, please can we have your views.

thanks,

Alan

Guest siamsusie

Hi Alan,

Giving your post a bump up for you.

Exciting times for you guys, and I wish you all well in your new adventure.

Susie x

If you are going to make the move here you may as well make the most of the beaches and parks around them. I would be inclined to go for Kingsley or Joondalup as there is more infrastructure around, you wouldn't spend so much time in the car getting to places, shops and schools would be close by, public transport is decent in both those areas if you both don't have cars. Both are fairly close to the beach.

You might find you spend a lot more time outside once you are here and the house doesn't seem quite so important as it does in the UK. You won't be spending heaps of time stuck in, wondering if the weather is going to brighten up, that's for sure.

There is Hillary's boat harbour not too far from either Kingsley or Joondalup and it's a great place to visit anytime just for a walk round. You don't need to be spending money to entertain yourself all the time. There are loads of cafes, shops, bike paths, nice places to walk all along the Coast. You may as well be in easy reach of them. You get to meet a lot more people when you get out too. A lot are fairly new arrivals themselves and you might be pleasantly surprised how many are looking for a chat, like yourselves.