457 to perm

Guest Revs30

Guest Revs30

Hi guys,

Well, we landed safely and so far enjoy living in North Melbourne. Been very busy in the past 6 days, hiring a car, looking at houses etc etc. Managed to squeeze in a trip to St. Kilda which we loved :)

Anyway, wife is starting work next week on a sponsored 457 visa. Looking at getting the kids into daycare (2yrs old and 4yrs old) and wondered if there was a way (a quick one perhaps) for going for perm. Looking at the cost of daycare is scary for 2 kids and will cost us $2800 a month for both in full time! Eeeek.

Is there a way of doing it? What will be the best route and perhaps the quickest as the cost of daycare will dramatically drop.

Looking forward to hearing some advice

John

Guest siamsusie

Hi John,

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

I saw on another post that you had met up with another PIO family en route to Australia lol.

Bumping your post for you!

Susie x

Guest guest36187

Hi John, what does your wife do? Who has sponsored her?

Addition: just seen from another post of yours that she is a social worker. I am a nurse and originally was on a 457. My company sponsored me through PR after I had worked with them for eighteen months. The best thing your wife can do is talk to her company and see if they will do this.

I would've thought that she may have to wait t least il through a work probation period though. She would also need to demonstrate that she will stay with the company I would think. I doubt they would sponsor through PR if they think that once achieved she will be off!!

Good luck and please shout if we can help anymore x x x

PS....welcome to Australia

Guest Revs30

Many thanks for your advice, looks like we will just have to wait until she hopefully gets sponsored for PR through her work perhaps. In the mean time my wages will just have to be completely gone on the kids daycare :( not happy

Hi John, what does your wife do? Who has sponsored her?

Addition: just seen from another post of yours that she is a social worker. I am a nurse and originally was on a 457. My company sponsored me through PR after I had worked with them for eighteen months. The best thing your wife can do is talk to her company and see if they will do this.

I would've thought that she may have to wait t least il through a work probation period though. She would also need to demonstrate that she will stay with the company I would think. I doubt they would sponsor through PR if they think that once achieved she will be off!!

Good luck and please shout if we can help anymore x x x

PS....welcome to Australia