l1sa

what are you prepared to economise on??

I was shopping yesterday and had a thought!! We all try to keep the old shopping bill down by maybe going without certain things or buying cheaper brands.

BUT there are those few items that you just refuse to go without or economise on. Heres a few of mine......

Freshly squeezed Orange Juice - can't stand concentrated

Toilet Roll - For obvious reasons!!

Free Range Eggs - Got to look after those chooks!!

What would yours be ?

:smile:

Steve 47, Lisa 39, 2 Kids 16 + 11

PR VISA GRANTED July 09 , Validated Visa Nov 09. Living in Adelaide

Are you my OH in disguise?

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Guest Unha99Y

Things I can't

1/ Loo roll

2/ Coffee

3/ Cheese

Haven't felt the need to economise at all though I've saved loads by changing phone/electricity/internet plans etc, not wasting electricity and growing our own veggies.

Free range eggs

Coffee - oh lord I'd rather go without!

Loo roll

Organic milk

Organic veg from my local friendly allotment owner

I will however buy short dated stuff and cook almost everthing from scratch which saves money.

I spend the money I've saved on good vodka and ruiniously expensive fillet steak hic!

:cool:

It'l have to be whiskey i suppose:rolleyes:,ordinary whiskeys a bit pricey in oz so it'l have to be the bongo stuff i drink,unless i look into making hooch:idea:,plus i'l save$ anyway if i grow me own plants

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

It'l have to be whiskey i suppose:rolleyes:,ordinary whiskeys a bit pricey in oz so it'l have to be the bongo stuff i drink,unless i look into making hooch:idea:,plus i'l save$ anyway if i grow me own plants

http://www.whiskeywise.com/homemade-whiskey.html

My mate used to make his own and very good it wasicon14.gif

hic.

Cheers, Bobj.

A mine fan a wis oor te perth and the first thing that struck me wis drink is dear :yes:but saying at a like me pint so as lang as am grafting al drink:cool:if am nae grafting al nae drink:cry:her indoors came hame fae shopping one week we nae dairy lea :mad:now a like dairy lea cheese on ma cracker so we had words, and a won so noo a get ma dairy lea cheese a the time:yes:oh aye an ma IRN BREW:jiggy:

http://www.whiskeywise.com/homemade-whiskey.html

My mate used to make his own and very good it wasicon14.gif

hic.

Cheers, Bobj.

Thanks Bob,70+%:notworthy:,jan will love me im sure!:laugh:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Thanks Bob,70+%:notworthy:,jan will love me im sure!:laugh:

Mate, every time he came to visit, he would bring me 3 pub sized bottles of the good stuff (1750 ml?)

Cheers, Bobj.

Mate, every time he came to visit, he would bring me 3 pub sized bottles of the good stuff (1750 ml?)

Cheers, Bobj.

:laugh:Handy mate to have Bob! normal bottles are 700 ml mate,or 70 cl,i'm gonna look into that tho Bob,deffo!

Mate sent me an email..."I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired'? Well..I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch, and margaritas into urine. And I'm pretty damn good at it, too!! "

Cheers, Bobj.