Holiday Visa & Sponsorship

mandymcqueen

HI All

I was just wondering if anyone had gone over to Oz on a holiday visa or 2 year working holiday visa and found sponsorship. Is it easier to do it this way.

We have a young son so cant both go over on a working holiday but OH was hoping to go on that visa and hopefully find a company that would sponsor him, I'm just not sure if you are able to do this. I have been told by people that it is much easier to get a permanent visa when you are already over there.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks

Mandy

Guest Rachel83

Hi Mandy

I think it would probably depend on the type of work you or your OH does as to how easy this would be. If you work in a trade and did some research as to what area is in need of that kind of trade that might be a way to start, I would think it would be a pretty risky way of going about it though with no guarantees. I know one of the girls who is here on a working holiday makers visa and has found sponsorship, however she was here with her mother so not so much pressure on her I think.

I'm sure some of the others will be able to give you some better advice, I know some people have been able to get sponsorship before going to Australia, but I don't know how they have gone about this.

Also it depends on how old you are as to whether you are eligible for a working holiday makers visa as these are only available to 18-30 year olds.

Hope this helps in some small way, and good luck with the process I'm sure you will find a way!

Rachel :)

Archived