You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Kevin McAuley

How Much Should I Budget For...

Guys I know this topic has been done to death with lots of general questions on the cost of living in Sydney but I have just received a job offer and am trying to plan where to live and how much I will need so I would love to get answers to this from people currently living in Sydney...

My Job pays $43,000 basic which, after using an Aussie tax calculator, equates to $709 per week after tax (apparently). I will also get commissins/bonuses and might do other part time work but lets just stick with that for now!

I want to live by the beach, the surf lifestyle is my primary motivation for moving so I will be living Cronulla, Coogee, Maroubra or Manly most likely and have been offered the above job in the CBD.

I am looking at shared accommodation and it varies from $170-350 + per week some with bills included.

My main question is how much should I budget for:

Food (to buy groceries/ eat out sometimes/ get lunch at work)

Travel

Entertainment

What else am I forgetting??

Thanks

Off Topic sorry - But If your into Surfing and looking at moving to Moroubra - Have you seen the docu-film Bra Boys??? Check it out :)

Yeah I have heard of it, might watch it before I go.

Fortunately I am hard as nails and all Ireland knuckle champ. ;)

Ha ha! Good luck with your move and hope you find somewhere you love, Im sure you will dude.

:)