Hills District

jo greenway

Hello

We are moving to Sydney in September, and have been looing at some of the areas in the Hills district. We have two boys one and three years old and wan to be in a nice family area with good schools, parks etc. My husband travels about an hour into work now in the uk so he doesn't mind a bit of travelling, but just womdered how far areas such as West Pennant Hills, Baulkham Hills etc are from central Sydney and how easy is the commute?

Guest thefarrs

Hi

We live in Bella Vista and my husband's commute into the CBD varies between about 1 hr to 1 hr and 15 mins via public transport. We stayed in Castle Hill when we first arrived in Sydney and that was about 45 mins to 1 hr on the bus.

The Hills is a lovely area for families. Feel free to let me know if you want any further information.

Cara

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sue buchs

Hi Jo,

me and my familly moved to Winston Hills about 8 wks ago we love the area and although we drive we find the transport, buses,trains,and boats fab value for money. My son uses the transport to travel to work and he has no problems at all. the best idea for you all is on a Sunday when you have a funday (cheaper prices).

It is worth taking a look as we struggled to get somewhere to live but here wasn't a problem the people are lovely and friendly, and the schools are very good. Hope you find what you are looking for

Sue :biggrin:

Guest sue buchs

Hi,

The journey would roughly take you 40 mins by car I would think, or you could take train to Sidney then boat to Manly but that will take longer,

I hope this has been helpful to you.

Sue :cute:

Guest sue buchs

We tried that when we first started looking, and we got no where fast so we came this way and it is a little easier on the money front, although we are renting at the mo

Sue

Guest smileykylie

It SHOULD take 40 mins but the most direct road between Beaumont Hills and Manly is VERY busy, often gridlocked and you have to pay to use it, and it is having roadworks at the moment so not pleasant at all. Public transport is not great either.

Winston Hills is much closer to Parramatta and you do not have the added hassle of Windsor road or old windsor road which is not pleasant at the best of times. It is also closer to other routes into the city.