Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

gypsy10

Is it possible to delay medicals and police checks for visa validation purposes?

Recommended Posts

Hello guys,

 

I wanted to pick your brains again.

 

We got the request from our CO for our meds, police checks and form 80 last month. We have 28 days to submit which brings us up to next Thursday.

 

Do you know if its possible to delay our meds and police checks until the end of July? If we get the visa we didn't want to validate before the end of July and go over initially on a reccie.

 

If we do this we will send confirmation of the meds and police checks to the CO. Is this sufficient do you think or will we be penalised?

 

Thanks


TRA 27/07/10. IELTS 25/09/10. WA SS Applied 28/12/10. WA SS approved 11/02/2011. Visa 176 applied 16/03/2011. CO assigned 30/04/2011. Medicals 29/06/2011. 176 Visas GRANTED! 2/9/2011 :rolleyes: Emigrated to Perth on 19th October 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't do your medicals without valid reason within the time frame given to you yes it could harm your application.

 

Wanting to delay validation is not a valid reason. I had to delay a blood test by a few days due to heavy snow and being pregnant but still had only had 5 extra days.


05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Shel,

 

My reason isn't a very good one at all is it!:goofy: We didn't want to take our little boy out of school doing term time for too long so thought "wouldn't it be a good idea to delay the meds etc and take him out only a few days before he breaks up for summer"!?

 

Now we've decided we can do it during May half term next year IF we are successful. :jiggy:

 

Congratulations on your lil bundle of joy and your exciting life ahead of you :hug:

 

If you don't do your medicals without valid reason within the time frame given to you yes it could harm your application.

 

Wanting to delay validation is not a valid reason. I had to delay a blood test by a few days due to heavy snow and being pregnant but still had only had 5 extra days.


TRA 27/07/10. IELTS 25/09/10. WA SS Applied 28/12/10. WA SS approved 11/02/2011. Visa 176 applied 16/03/2011. CO assigned 30/04/2011. Medicals 29/06/2011. 176 Visas GRANTED! 2/9/2011 :rolleyes: Emigrated to Perth on 19th October 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks Shel,

 

My reason isn't a very good one at all is it!:goofy: We didn't want to take our little boy out of school doing term time for too long so thought "wouldn't it be a good idea to delay the meds etc and take him out only a few days before he breaks up for summer"!?

 

Now we've decided we can do it during May half term next year IF we are successful. :jiggy:

 

Congratulations on your lil bundle of joy and your exciting life ahead of you :hug:

 

I take my daughter out of school all the time for overseas trips, as long as they are doing ok at school there is normally no problem, as the school sees it as educational , but the school can only give permission for 2 weeks any longer you risk the school board investigating. I have taken more then 2 weeks on a few occasions with out any problems but then my Daughter is extremely bright!

 

In your case if you explain your situation to the school I would not expect they to make any fuss as it is an very important trip!


TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

whats the reason for delay? your CO will not allow additional time if its not needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×