clan mac

coming to SA to validate in 2 weeks yipeeeeee!

WHOOP WHOOP Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited, we are going to Adelaide in approx 2 weeks.

We leave Glasgow 2/7/11 and return 19/7/11 (couldn't get nay more time off work - booo!).

Can't believe it, thought it best to validate and have a reccie just in case house doesn't sell before deadline date for entering Oz.

Anyone else heading over?

Lorraine xx

:jimlad:

Agent 02/10, carpentry +ve assmt 08/10, SA SS apprvd 11/10 176 lodged 9/12/10 Cat 2 01/11 CO 14/02/11 medicals 17/03/11 PCC's 11/3/11 VISA GRANTED 31/3/11. Validated July 2011. House finally sold June 2014 flights booked 1/4/15

Have a great trip Lorriane,we did,well better than i expected,Hahndorf,Glenelg,Victor Harbor,liked more or less everywhere we went tbh(april/may 09),you'l love it i'm sure!

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Thanks Pablo,

can hardly sleep I'm so excited! We're gonna try to see as much as possible although I'm sure that we're gonna LOVE IT!

Lorraine x

Agent 02/10, carpentry +ve assmt 08/10, SA SS apprvd 11/10 176 lodged 9/12/10 Cat 2 01/11 CO 14/02/11 medicals 17/03/11 PCC's 11/3/11 VISA GRANTED 31/3/11. Validated July 2011. House finally sold June 2014 flights booked 1/4/15

Thanks Pablo,

can hardly sleep I'm so excited! We're gonna try to see as much as possible although I'm sure that we're gonna LOVE IT!

Lorraine x

Driving to all the coastal towns south from Adelaide is nice Lorraine,we drove down as far as Victor Harbor,lovely coast rd with the ocean to your side,bon voyage anyway!:wink:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Hi lorraine, dont forget to pack some warm clothes cos its feeling a tad chilly over here at the moment, the days are nice (but still chilly) but the nights are freezing 3-4 overnight and 15 during the day .......hope you have a great time, theres lots to see and do even in the winter :0)

Jo

Erm we are heading to South Australia, we land in Adelaide 18th July, but not on a reccie trip, this is our one way flight. Looking forward to it, but also having a few sleepless nights, last minute nerves. Didnt think i would be the one with nerves, but i guess it proves i am human ;-)

08/06/10 TRA received 26/10/10 SA SS Approved 14/11/10. VISA APP lodged 19th Nov 2010 -CO 21/02/11 - VISA GRANTED 08/03/11 ARRIVED IN ADELAIDE 18 July 2011 AND LOVING EVERY SECOND:

Hi lorraine, dont forget to pack some warm clothes cos its feeling a tad chilly over here at the moment, the days are nice (but still chilly) but the nights are freezing 3-4 overnight and 15 during the day .......hope you have a great time, theres lots to see and do even in the winter :0)

Jo

Hi Jo,

15 during the day sounds positively glorious!!!!! If it is 15 during the day in Scotland people crack open their suntan oil lol! Hey we might get a tan!!!!

Soooooooo looking forward to our trip - CANT WAIT!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP

Lorraine xxxxxx

Erm we are heading to South Australia, we land in Adelaide 18th July, but not on a reccie trip, this is our one way flight. Looking forward to it, but also having a few sleepless nights, last minute nerves. Didnt think i would be the one with nerves, but i guess it proves i am human ;-)

Hey Gaz,

as you guys land we will be leaving to go home! Best of luck, I'm sure everything will work out for you. But please will you keep us posted on your progress once your internet is up and running?

Hope to be over by Christmas, but everything hangs on our house selling in a pants market!!!

Very best of luck Gaz

Lorraine xxxx

Wow that's so exciting! Have a fab time, then you'll know what you are waiting for! Hope house sells soon, we were very lucky. We're also heading out one way on aug 9th, so let us know what you make of it on your recce! Finding it hard to believe that us scottish folk will be cold!

Gill and Mal x

Gill (40!), nurse, and Mal (43), ROV pilot tech.

IELTS 8.5 01/10, ANMC 05/10, SA SS 10/10, 176 application 11/10, 01/11 on SA SMP!!!, CO 14/2/11, visa granted 17/03/11 :yes:, living in SA since aug 2011.

WHOOP WHOOP Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited, we are going to Adelaide in approx 2 weeks.

We leave Glasgow 2/7/11 and return 19/7/11 (couldn't get nay more time off work - booo!).

Can't believe it, thought it best to validate and have a reccie just in case house doesn't sell before deadline date for entering Oz.

Anyone else heading over?

Lorraine xx

Hi Lorraine,

We got our 176 visas on the 10th June this year and are also looking for pop over to activate in August this year and looking to move completely in Oct 2012.

We're at this moment on two computers trying to find the best combo of flights, car hire and house for the two weeks in Aug. Looks like landing at Melbourne and driving across to Adelaide saves us about £700.

If anyone has any recommendations for a 3+ house or apartment from the 15th to 28th Aug we’d love to hear from you!

Hope everyone heading over either for activation or for good has a blast, I’m sure you will.

Paul

Hi Paul,

lots of peeps have put info re accom to rent on Poms in Adelaide. Thats where we found our rental and there seemed to be quite a lot, so hopefully you should find something there.

I will post on here once we have returned home, cant believe that we are going on Saturday! EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!! Best of luck for your reccie

hugs

Lorraine xxx

Wow that's so exciting! Have a fab time, then you'll know what you are waiting for! Hope house sells soon, we were very lucky. We're also heading out one way on aug 9th, so let us know what you make of it on your recce! Finding it hard to believe that us scottish folk will be cold!

Gill and Mal x

Hi Gill,

August isn't that long away! You're gonna love it!

We will be putting the house on the market when we return from Oz and we'll just have to see how long it takes to sell but I'd like to be over by Christmas!

As far as the Oz winter goes - nothing will convince me that it's COLD. Come to Scotland in December that's cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That said I'm not planning any shopping trips in my bikini lol!

I will take photos and will post on here on my return. Off to iron the last of our clothes to pack.

hugs

Lorraine xxx

Hi Lorraine

Have a great trip, can't wait to see photos! How exciting!

Gill x

IELTS 8.5 01/10, ANMC 05/10, SA SS 10/10, 176 application 11/10, 01/11 on SA SMP!!!, CO 14/2/11, visa granted 17/03/11 :yes:, living in SA since aug 2011.

Guest Ri and Kie

Hey Lorraine,

We arrive in Adelaide on the 4th of Aug for good. Finally!! We applied back in Nov 08 on 175 and was in the back of the queue when recession hit. Applied for SA sponsorship at end Feb 11, got it in Apr, assigned CO at end of Apr, and visa granted 16 June.

Good luck with everything.

Guest Ri and Kie

Gill and Mal x

Hi Malkitek,

We will also be arriving in Adelaide on the 4th of Aug on our 1 way ticket. Sooo excited!

Let us know how you get on. At least we have family and friends out there as we were there back in 2007/2008 on a student visa (although we're not spring chickens anymore :biglaugh:)

Hope to hear from you soon.

Riana

Hey Gaz,

as you guys land we will be leaving to go home! Best of luck, I'm sure everything will work out for you. But please will you keep us posted on your progress once your internet is up and running?

Hope to be over by Christmas, but everything hangs on our house selling in a pants market!!!

Very best of luck Gaz

Lorraine xxxx

Thanks. Have a great time and best of luck with your searches, i hope you find out all you need.

Who knows, maybe we can all meet up one day on a BBQ or something?

08/06/10 TRA received 26/10/10 SA SS Approved 14/11/10. VISA APP lodged 19th Nov 2010 -CO 21/02/11 - VISA GRANTED 08/03/11 ARRIVED IN ADELAIDE 18 July 2011 AND LOVING EVERY SECOND:

Hi Malkitek,

We will also be arriving in Adelaide on the 4th of Aug on our 1 way ticket. Sooo excited!

Let us know how you get on. At least we have family and friends out there as we were there back in 2007/2008 on a student visa (although we're not spring chickens anymore :biglaugh:)

Hope to hear from you soon.

Riana

Hi Riana,

OOh you just get there before us! I'm feeling very calm at the moment, considering my nearest friend is Sydney/ Brisbane?

Let us know how you settle back in,

Gill

Hi All

Heading to Melbourne 22nd sept to validate my visa.

Wife is a OZ citizen and kids have both passports so no need for them to go.

12 day all to myself.

Ohhhhh what a shame.

Just wish we could sell the house all all go for good. But not much we can do about it.

Hi Lorraine,

we arrived for our validation trip on 1st July, we are staying in Seaford, where are you guys staying? We had a drive around the suburbs.

Sharon

Visa Grant 18/03/11:biglaugh:

for those in adelaide currently, what is the weather like, how warm, or cold is it? We are wonderingif we need coats and jumpers in our luggage.

Hi Gaz,

yesterday it rained pretty much all day, today brilliant sunshine and 16 degrees, I was flipping about in birkenstocks, though some of the locals were wearing Uggs :)

Sharon

Visa Grant 18/03/11:biglaugh:

thanks sharon.

Hi Gaz,

yesterday it rained pretty much all day, today brilliant sunshine and 16 degrees, I was flipping about in birkenstocks, though some of the locals were wearing Uggs :)

Sharon

:laugh::laugh:

Lol you can always tell the newbies from what they are wearing, saying that my son is still wearing shorts and t-shirt while im rugged up (came over when he was 3 been here 5yrs think he's still got abit of pommie in him lol)

Hope your enjoying your reccie (regardless of the weather)

Jo

Guest mmille19

Hi just wondered if anyone can tell me how kong you before you have to ente on visa176. We are in the final stages and wondered if there is a time we have to move by

Any help much appreciated

Thanks. Have a great time and best of luck with your searches, i hope you find out all you need.

Who knows, maybe we can all meet up one day on a BBQ or something?

Hi Gaz,

been manic since we got home trying to get the house ready to sell! South Australia is FANTASTIC - WE LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!

I will post photos soon.

Gaz you and your family will be there now hopefully settled in and loving the life in South Oz. You can bet on a barbie and a beer we should all meet up lol.

fingers crossed to all waiting

love and hugs Lorraine xx