You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Goochie

How long do posted items take to reach Oz ?

I sent my skills assessment details to Engineers Australia by Royal Mail Air Sure on Saturday last week. For the last 5 days the Royal Mail website simply says "Passed to our overseas partner in Australia for delivery"

How long do things normally take to get there?

Its just a rigid envelop (the Do Not Bend type), slightly bigger than A4.

Skills as'mt sent 4/6/11-As'mt pass 20/09-IELTS 22/10-WA SS App 5/11-SS Grant 9/11

*Xmas break*

176App 29/01-C.O 17/02-Meds 10/03-Police 22/03-Visa Grant 4/4

It took 3 weeks for my paperwork to reach CPA Australia. It took 2 days for the result to reach me!

It will never update from passed to overseas postal service for delivery. Once Royal Mail have passed it overseas then they pretty much wash their hands of it unless it hasn't turned up about 2 months later. It was a complete waste of money for me whjhen I sent my paperwork via international signed for.

Looking to move on 175 visa. Me, DH, DS (9) and DS (2)

IELTS sat 12/2/11 - scored 8.5, Skills assessment 1/4/11, 175 application lodged 6/4/11. CO 21/11/11 Team 4. PCC uploaded 8/12/11, Meds finalised 24/12/11. Visa granted 5/1/12 :jiggy:

Over the last 6 months or so post (letters, cards and small parcels) have been taking 3-4 weeks to come from the UK by airmail when before it took 4-7 days. I've tried to find out from AusPost and Royal Mail why things take so long and they both insist it should take 7 days max and even if delayed at Customs it should only be a day or two. I suspect they are both lying and won't give a truthful answer as my rellies tell me when they post things so I know they have been sent. I've heard from other people that if post goes through America then everything gets checked and delayed.

Guest siamsusie

I find anything registered from the UK takes for ever, otherwise UK post for me is around 7/10 days.

I am awaiting a package from Darwin which was sent over three weeks ago, so the sender is considering sending her Christmas cards to Europe now:laugh:

I ordered a pair of trainers from a UK site and they were here in 5 days. $170 in a sports shop here and $96 from the UK site.

I sent my skills assessment details to Engineers Australia by Royal Mail Air Sure on Saturday last week. For the last 5 days the Royal Mail website simply says "Passed to our overseas partner in Australia for delivery"

How long do things normally take to get there?

Its just a rigid envelop (the Do Not Bend type), slightly bigger than A4.

The Royal Mail is usually better than this:

An envelope thus addressed to a now-mysterious Miss Fletcher arrived at Camp Roberts last month, 67 years after an equally unknown correspondent dispatched it.

But not always.

For important consignments use FedEx. FedEx charge like wounded bulls, but the consignment is delivered.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

I read on here that you could ask Oz post to let you know if a package has arrived.

I sent an e-mail via their website

http://contactus.auspost.com.au/app/ask#email

and got an answer within 24 hours giving me the date and time of delivery - really good service. Include details of your shipping reference from Royal Mail.

Note: Royal mail will never update to say it is delivered.

Second time I popped down to Staples and posted via DHL - cost another £30 but I was able to track it all the way there rather than worrying for 2 weeks

IELTS Academic 19/03/2011 Overall 8.5 | Skills Assessed CPA 18/06/11 | NSW State Sponsorship 19/09/11 | 176 Visa Lodged 06/10/11| CO Assigned 24/10/11| Police checks loaded 11/11/11| Medical 11/11/11, finalised 18/11/11, VISA GRANTED 21/11/11. Arrived 17/11/16 and settled in Melbourne

Normally around 1 week in my experience.

I want it all, and I want it now.

When Australia Post lose an article they have sent overseas their standard reply is, "We are not responsible for articles once they leave Australia". You can line up for a refund or a new envelope.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

I used DHL a few (three to be precise) times for my CDR assessment to Engineers Australia, each time I used them it took anywhere between 3 and 5 days to arrive. I was very impressed and you are given a full tracking breakdown for the journey which is bang up to date!

I would recommend using them as i will be in the future when i put my visa application in.

RSMS 119 Visa & Nomination Granted 16th Nov 2011 (Occupation 312511).

Nom certified 12/04/11, Nom submitted 14/06/11, Visa submitted 19/10/11, CO 26/10/11, Meds 07/11/11

Well, it got there eventually! Just had an email from Engineers Australia saying it has been received. Royal Mail's website still hasn't changed to acknowledge that though.

Skills as'mt sent 4/6/11-As'mt pass 20/09-IELTS 22/10-WA SS App 5/11-SS Grant 9/11

*Xmas break*

176App 29/01-C.O 17/02-Meds 10/03-Police 22/03-Visa Grant 4/4

Usually at least a week but with volcanoes buggering up the southern hemisphere then I woudlnt be surprised if they are taking longer - wouldnt be panicking until 3 weeks have passed.