neilharrison_253

Rentals and associated cost in Queensland

Hi All

I am looking for some clarification on rental's and the associated costs in Queensland. Right off the cuff the tenant (Me) is responsible for the weekly rental, however I am getting mixed ideas regarding who is responsible for rates and taxes and water for the property. Could someone please clarify these for me and possibly anything I have left off

Thanks

ACS RPL Application Lodged 15/01/2010, ACS 2231-79 (Network Security) Granted 25/02/2010, IELTS 20/03/2010 Band 8.0, 175 CSL Visa Online 08/04/2010, CO assigned 07/06/2010, Medicals Finalised on 18/07/2010, Docs changed to MET 5/08/2010, 175 Visa granted 23/08/2010

Hi

If your renting UNFURNISHED on a lease basis (normally 6 or 12 mth) you are normally liable for-

- Weekly rent

- Contents Insurance

- Excess water charges although some agents/landlords are now starting to ask the tenant to cover ALL water costs, hence you may be getting mixed answers about this.

- Telephone, Foxtel and internet and in some NEW homes , the line connection too if not already fitted.

- Electricty costs and gas if available.

Rates are payable by the owner not the tenant so don't worry about that.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Hi Cal

Thanks for the clarification, the water was indeed the one i was getting mixed messages about so that now makes sense.

Thanks again..

ACS RPL Application Lodged 15/01/2010, ACS 2231-79 (Network Security) Granted 25/02/2010, IELTS 20/03/2010 Band 8.0, 175 CSL Visa Online 08/04/2010, CO assigned 07/06/2010, Medicals Finalised on 18/07/2010, Docs changed to MET 5/08/2010, 175 Visa granted 23/08/2010

Hi

If your renting UNFURNISHED on a lease basis (normally 6 or 12 mth) you are normally liable for-

- Weekly rent

- Contents Insurance

- Excess water charges although some agents/landlords are now starting to ask the tenant to cover ALL water costs, hence you may be getting mixed answers about this.

- Telephone, Foxtel and internet and in some NEW homes , the line connection too if not already fitted.

- Electricty costs and gas if available.

Rates are payable by the owner not the tenant so don't worry about that.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

Dito what Cal said, in our last rental we only paid excess water charges and in the rental we are currently in we pay for all water....depends on the landlord/agent.

Melanie x

Terry(43),Melanie(42),Ciara(14),Ruairi(10)

Started to look into PR Oct 08, 175 CSL visa lodged 4/7/09. Visa granted 14/1/10, Arrived in Brisbane 24/08/10 !!!!!:jiggy:

Another thing to look out for is whether you are going to be responsible for garden maintenance. If the place has been unoccupied the landlord will probably have a contract with somebody to do the garden, and might be willing to throw that in. Otherwise you would have to take over, and this means getting the right type of mower to suit the front and back "yard".

The landlord will also organise and pay for the required regular pest inspections (required in Queensland anyway).