Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


My wife is a PE teacher in Scotland just now (secondary).


I was wondering if anyone had tips and advice about making the bridge from UK schooling to Oz schooling?


Family members of ours may be moving close to Perth so that would be the best area but anywhere would do us for a start!


Any advice much appreciated




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try checking out the dept of Ed in the state of your choice www.det.wa.edu.au for WA. Your wife will have to register to teach in whichever state she wishes to teach which can take a while sometimes. They do often give you interim approval though.

She may also like to check out www.teachers.on.net which have jobs advertised in all areas in all states.

Depending on where you choose to live wll depend on the demand. Teachers are not particularly in demand in most cities and/or desirable areas but I don't know whether PE teachers are in demand.


Dyslexia NSW www.dyslexia-nsw.com.au

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now