register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Teachers have voted for strike action.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The teachers unions have voted for strike action over their pensions being savaged by this couldn't care less about the working man Tory government and the first of many strikes is planned for the 30th of june.

A union spokesman said money has been wasted by this government and making the workers pay for it, is wrong. He also said he expects other public sector unions to join in and there could be a summer of discontent.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I have to say, i'm not surprised the teachers are going on strike and it wouldn't surprise me if there is mass discontent.

The police are holding a rally next week, due to thousands of job cuts and attacks on their pensions.

The armed services are being savaged, with thousands of job losses as well.

The post office is getting privatised, with no doubt further job losses.

Councils up and down the country are cutting tens of thousands of jobs and closing libraries, pools, day centres etc and they have started farming out jobs overseas, to India to save money.

Prisons are having millions cut from their budgets, with the same job losses and to save money there are no prison officers jobs anymore, they are employing Officer 2's on half the pay and more privatised prisons are going to be announced this month.

Nurses are being made redundant up and down the country and the governments new scheme is going to allow private firms cherry pick the best business.

But, ..................... i don't see anything getting any better, inflation is still high, wage increases are still low, growth is zero, or minimal and i ask this question ............

If all this and theres alot more i haven't mentioned, doesn't work ............. what will happen next?

Guest Andy
The teachers unions have voted for strike action over their pensions being savaged by this couldn't care less about the working man Tory government and the first of many strikes is planned for the 30th of june.

A union spokesman said money has been wasted by this government and making the workers pay for it, is wrong. He also said he expects other public sector unions to join in and there could be a summer of discontent.

Not really to do with the teachers hoff, more on your attack on this government who pledged in their manifesto to restore bin collections to weekly but have of course now gone back on that and decided to carry on with the fortnightly collections, what a load of lying, two faced, back stabbing, robbing, double crossing, in it for themselves horrible gits they are:mad:

And by the way, good on the teachers if they strike :jiggy:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Not really to do with the teachers hoff, more on your attack on this government who pledged in their manifesto to restore bin collections to weekly but have of course now gone back on that and decided to carry on with the fortnightly collections, what a load of lying, two faced, back stabbing, robbing, double crossing, in it for themselves horrible gits they are:mad:

And by the way, good on the teachers if they strike :jiggy:

I would like to see some old fashioned union action the government is taking the p*ss, it can't get much worse and who knows if the unions stop some of the cuts and get their members some pay rises, instead of pay freezes it just might stimulate growth and get the country out of recession.

Instead of whinging and striking about their sorry state, why don't they think about why they're in it:idea: There is no money - Labour, the party they all vote for, spent it.

There are too many people employed in the public sector and the private sector cannot sustain it any more, the good days are over.

Maybe some of the maths teachers could do the sums on this:unsure:

Gordon Brown robbed the private sector pensions a few years back, so people in the private sector have been working for much longer for less for bloody years now.

Welcome to the real world, and stop bleating. The rest of us were roundly screwed by nuLabour, while they stripped the private sector to pay for this explosion of expensive public servants.

Can't see it being a summer of discontent to be honest. Who's going to notice the teachers are on strike when it's the school holidays.

Guest Unha99Y

Don't blame the current government, it's the last one that left the country bankrupt. Well done Labour voters

Don't blame the current government, it's the last one that left the country bankrupt. Well done Labour voters

I think everyone can. Cameron and his bit*h were on TV today making ANOTHER u-turn. Just what the country needs. Some politicians in power who don't seem to know which direction they're going in.

I was watching Gold the other day and Only Fools & Horses were on. It was when they were swindled out of money by a guy who faked a heart attack whilst sitting in a restaurant. So the guy gets carried off in an ambulance. Del & Co are in a panic now because they don't know which hospital he's been taken to and he's got their money. Trigger says "there must be 35 hospitals in London to search". To which Rodney replied "Well thanks to the Tories and their cuts. We've only 30 hospitals to search".

So it got me thinking, was there a Global Financial Crises in 1989 or is the reduction of public services just something the Tories do for fun (insert blame it all on Labour gag here)

Guest Unha99Y

I heard Cameron was mentioned in the Warren commission too

I think everyone can. Cameron and his bit*h were on TV today making ANOTHER u-turn. Just what the country needs. Some politicians in power who don't seem to know which direction they're going in.

Not a u-turn mate, its called listening to people :idea:

I know it will take a little while to get used too after 13 years of the dictatorship of the proletariat :wink:

I know it will take a little while to get used too after 13 years of the dictatorship of the proletariat :wink:

Ha ha, don't kid your self. I'd call it making it up as you go along.

Guest Unha99Y
Ha ha, don't kid your self. I'd call it making it up as you go along.

Real pity Blair didn't listen to the public in regards to the middle east instead of being an illegal stormtrooper

Real pity Blair didn't listen to the public in regards to the middle east instead of being an illegal stormtrooper

No matter the party they would have done as their told by the USA,all conflicts need all party agreement anyway dont they?

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest Unha99Y
No matter the party they would have done as their told by the USA,all conflicts need all party agreement anyway dont they?

There is no constitutional requirement for Parliamentary approval before committing UK forces to military action, the "Royal Prerogative" does.

Sorry for the hijack, back on topic

There is no constitutional requirement for Parliamentary approval before committing UK forces to military action, the "Royal Prerogative" does.

Sorry for the hijack, back on topic

No,but they all vote on war or not no?and as i said the tories would've done the same no?soz jim,back ontopic:wubclub:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Guest Unha99Y

Same members who voted for strike action in 2008 over pay under the labour government.

To be honest I can't differentiate between what's happening in Iraq and Libya. Or weren't you aware the Coalition were using Teachers pensions to fund bombing Libya.

Guest Unha99Y
To be honest I can't differentiate between what's happening in Iraq and Libya. Or weren't you aware the Coalition were using Teachers pensions to fund bombing Libya.

The cost is being put on the flexible friend that Brown and Blair Witch left behind. Mind you the Trillion Pound credit limit has had to be increased due to it been maxed out

The cost is being put on the flexible friend that Brown and Blair Witch left behind. Mind you the Trillion Pound credit limit has had to be increased due to it been maxed out

So we're back to blaming Labour again? Please excuse me whilst I yawn. I wonder if they were to blame for Germany, France, US, Greece, Portugal or Ireland too. Notice a theme? These countries are world wide, hence the phrases - The Global Recession and The Global Financial Crises.

Personally I don't blame any government for the state we're in now. If you want someone to blame they'll probably be sitting in a Champagne bar at Canary Wharf or in the City come 5pm tonight. Boasting to all their mates about how much money they've just made off the back of adding no real value and substance to the world.

Guest Unha99Y

Enjoy your yawn

Guest NeilEB
So we're back to blaming Labour again? Please excuse me whilst I yawn. I wonder if they were to blame for Germany, France, US, Greece, Portugal or Ireland too. Notice a theme? These countries are world wide, hence the phrases - The Global Recession and The Global Financial Crises.

Personally I don't blame any government for the state we're in now. If you want someone to blame they'll probably be sitting in a Champagne bar at Canary Wharf or in the City come 5pm tonight. Boasting to all their mates about how much money they've just made off the back of adding no real value and substance to the world.

We're not blaming Labour for the Global Credit Crisis.

What I am blaming them for is not saving money when times were good.

History repeats itself, and time and time again people fall for it. Look in the history books - every single time we've had a Labour governement, they have left the coutnry is masses of debt, which the Tories have then had to try and sort out - earning them the reputation they have.

Lets face it - I'd love for the teachers, armed forces, police and everyone else to have a huge pay rise - but who's paying for it? The government can't - they're broke.

As for the weekly bin collection, yet again the balme is going to the wrong place. It was New Labour that stealthily redcued the bin collections to fortnightly, not the Tories. And again, it was another thing that the country now can't afford, due to the almost crippling levles of debt.

You need to think back a bit and find there's only one man to blame: step forward Mr Gordon "I've got rid of boom and bust economics" Brown.

The man so desperate for power he almost split his own party in two

The man who allegedly was a great chancellor when times were good, we now find out how bad he was.

I wish voters would have longer memories.

As for the unions, I despair sometimes. The way to protect their member's jobs is not to bankrupt the very people paying them!

Pity they don't listen to people a bit more then! We could get the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, stop bombing Libya, get the bins back to weekly collections, nationalise the power and water corporations, get out of the UN and common market, not give so much in foreign aid.........

History repeats itself, and time and time again people fall for it. Look in the history books - every single time we've had a Labour governement, they have left the coutnry is masses of debt, which the Tories have then had to try and sort out - earning them the reputation they have.

Lets face it - I'd love for the teachers, armed forces, police and everyone else to have a huge pay rise - but who's paying for it? The government can't - they're broke.

As for the weekly bin collection, yet again the balme is going to the wrong place. It was New Labour that stealthily redcued the bin collections to fortnightly, not the Tories. And again, it was another thing that the country now can't afford, due to the almost crippling levles of debt.

You need to think back a bit and find there's only one man to blame: step forward Mr Gordon "I've got rid of boom and bust economics" Brown.

The man who allegedly was a great chancellor when times were good, we now find out how bad he was.

As for the unions, I despair sometimes. The way to protect their member's jobs is not to bankrupt the very people paying them!

To be honest I'm not old enough to know or care about what the Tories have allegedly had to do after a Labour Administration. Perhaps that could be down to two different ideologies at play against each other. Labour builds - Tories demolish. The only other recession in my living memory was in the 90's, when I was at school. From what I could gather the Tories didn't need anyone's help in screwing up the country. They managed that one all on their own.

As for this fortnightly bin collections nonsense. I thought it was down to Local Government to decide. i.e. Labour, Lib Dem or Tory Councils on the frequency of bin collections. The Tories got caught out and thought they would appease the voters with a popular sounding claim in their manifesto. They were going to force councils to reverse their collection policy. Like everything this government does it isn't thought out and again they find themselves retreating.

It's a little disconcerting when in times like this when the country needs strong leadership. We find that we've got the cast of Dad'd Army at the controls. Dithering Dave probably gets up at 4am to get dressed for work - I'll wear the grey tie, no the blue one, no..... the green one. Hang on I've got a tartan one, or...... I could wear the Homer Simpson one...... you get the picture.

give them what they want for me , they do a great job ...also the nurses .........a full on focused job ......its not as if they can go and chat to a work mate for 20 mins or go and lay a log for 15 mins they have to be full on ...good luck to them ......and also child care ......

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

IS it true that Labour ALLWAYS leave the country in a worse state btw? i accept they spend more on public services which is a good thing in my book,i spent a large chunk of the last 10 yrs building new schools and hospitals for instance,so yes if they spend more on public services there will be a higher price paid in debt to GDP,i think thats a price worth paying to "some extent",but were the Heath and Major gvnmt a financial success?

Would thatchers economic figures for her term in power have been the same if she hadnt sold off all the state owned companies? IE some of which are now amongst the most powerfull and profitable in the world,like BP for instance?would it not have shown more foresight to streamline these businesses for the future of uk plc instead of selling them off to make her term in power seem more of a financial success?

I think everybody agrees on the need for cuts,its just how quickly they should happen is the argument isnt it?

Isnt it also true that the debt to gdp is nowhere near levels that its been in the past,or of other developed countries?

So could the tories slow down on the timescale for cuts?,or are they just rushing headlong into doing what they allways do,slashing public services with the constant getout "blame labour for all the misery WE will now inflict on the most needy".

Time after time they have allready told so many lies it must be a record for any political party,the u turns are not about listening,these policies on the likes of the nhs were looked at and approved by cameron,but he's now playing pontius pilate because of the backlash from the public and the medical proffesion,IF cameron could have got away with the changes unscathed he would have done,ive heard the tale about tories being better at handling money before,conservative by name conservative by nature...but didnt that hark back to the days when the tory party were made up of self made businessmen? not this cabinet with all the people at the top level born with the proverbial silver spoon,their not self made,camerons only job ended up in failure didnt it?yet he's trusted to run the country!

I dont think theres ever been a tory cabinet so out of touch with what life is like for the majority tbh.

Re the mistakes of Gordon Brown and new labour appointing so many managers in the public sector, i agree with comments ive read on here before,there was too many.

But the IMF have been supportive of how he approached the worldwide recession and a hell of a lot of respected economists(sir James Wolfensohn,ex head of the world bank) wanted him as head of the IMF so IS he THAT bad?

I know its popular on here to slate him,or anything labour realy,and he admitted himself he made mistakes,but it was a pretty unprecedented situation wasnt it?would ANY primeminister have come out of it looking good?

Getting back to the nitty gritty....it was the fact cameron PROMISED to restore weekly bin collections thats annoying people,me?im not suprised because they must have told the most lies of any gvnmt ever.

Re the unions bankrupting their employers,we have some of the harshest laws in the world regarding unions,but they should just take everything lying down as well now?

The gvnmt cant claw back money elsewhere from tax avoidance by big business etc?cant they tax the REAL culprits the banks a bit more?

This gvnmt wont last,their a shambles,and they are slashing and burning public services even more than that bastard thatcher,whose legacy is felt to this day up and down the country,rite im off for a lie down after that! i thought i'd give "this" tory leadership a chance tbh,but they have shocked me with just how ruthless they are,with the populace that is,NOT the top 10% of the population or the banks or big business,rant over,and yes,this gvnmt has remininded me of just how much i hate the tories!