Visiting UK, cities near the sea

Guest livelyhare

Guest livelyhare

Hi All,

My husband and I are going to visit UK for our honeymoon soon. We are planning to stay in London for the most of our journey, but also want to visit some cities near the sea, not far from London (1-2 hours by train or car).

Any recommendations?

Thank you a lot in advance!:hug:

Guest Unha99Y
Hi All,

My husband and I are going to visit UK for our honeymoon soon. We are planning to stay in London for the most of our journey, but also want to visit some cities near the sea, not far from London (1-2 hours by train or car).

Any recommendations?

Poole in Dorset on the south coast is beautiful, about 2 hours from London

Hi All,

Any recommendations?

You could fly to Jersey from any airport, it's a small island an hour away by plane from London. From there you can even catch the ferry to France for the day. Google it x

Guest brummie39

hi

norwich city which is about 2hr from london from there you can go to various places by the sea,also the norfolk broads is good .

hope you enjoy

brummie

Straford upon Avon and Oxford are both an hour or so North West of London if you fancy a bit of Shakespeare or historical Uni buildings. Oxford has a good restaurant, pub and cafe scene being a big student town. Easy for a day trip but well worth a couple fo days to see the sights.

Guest Unha99Y
Come to Scotland, it hasnt stopped raining since 17:45, sorry 1745!!!

Only just stopped raining here, still thousands homeless

Bournmouth has one of the best beaches in the UK and is not far from Poole, which was also mentioned in this thread. Used to have lots of nice hotels and boarding houses at decent rates too. On a nice day it's almost as good as the beaches around Perth.

Met my wife there when on holiday with friends. She made us all go to the end of the pier in foul weather when we were there on holiday a few years ago. It was April though.

Im biased but i would say Liverpool,think it has the 2nd number of listed buildings after London,great place for a beer day or night,Anfield stadium tour.loads of museums,the maritime is my fav,two cathedrals,the anglican is the biggest in the uk i think,its a good base to visit wales and the lake district,good links to Ireland,so...Liverpool:notworthy:

[YOUTUBE]yuvgGDbO7qU[/YOUTUBE]

We live in Bournemouth, and the coastline goes for miles, Also you can head out towards mudeford, fresh fish, prawns cockles etc being sold daily, also you can go and get some crab lines and have a go at catching the crabs, something my kids love to do, (bacon is best bait though) :wink:, Or catch the ferry over to the isle of white, Southbourne beach as little cafe's doted around, or nip over the rd to the pub for a nice meal, :cute:

Guest VickyMel

I will also add a thumbs up for Poole and Bournemouth.

Maybe you should add what sort of things you want to do as well?

Poole doesn't have much sand - but there is more sand as you head towards Bournemouth. Bournemouth also has some gardens to walk through.

At Poole you could get the ferry out to Brownsea Island and walk around there.

Love them both.

Im biased but i would say Liverpool,think it has the 2nd number of listed buildings after London,great place for a beer day or night,Anfield stadium tour.loads of museums,the maritime is my fav,two cathedrals,the anglican is the biggest in the uk i think,its a good base to visit wales and the lake district,good links to Ireland,so...Liverpool:notworthy:

[YOUTUBE]yuvgGDbO7qU[/YOUTUBE]

thanks Pablo, i have never been inside the 3 graces which seems ridiculous! Next time i'm home i am definately going to visit, they are beautiful. Love listening to the accents also.

thanks Pablo, i have never been inside the 3 graces which seems ridiculous! Next time i'm home i am definately going to visit, they are beautiful. Love listening to the accents also.

Hadnt been in the port of lpool building meself till a cpl of yrs ago tbh,thats the best i think,but we got the job of taking the statue of King george (i think!)on his horse down and reassembling the plinth in front of the Liver building,that was interesting tbh,about the size of a bus all in all,it was moved to allow the new canal link to flow past the 3 graces into the albert dock,yer can see him on this vid lol

[YOUTUBE]ViZ01Ij6QHk[/YOUTUBE]

Archived