Visa Processing - confused, please help

JBO76

I am hoping someone out there can shed a little light on what feels like a rather confusing processing set up.

I submitted an online, off shore 176 (family) appliaction in Feb 2011 - priority group 3.

I had not expected to hear anything until the end of the year based on other's processing times so was surprised to receive an email on 18 March saying that I would be allocated a case officer within 3 mins. We have decided to hold off running medicals and police checks just yet as we are looking to move over to Oz after Summer 2012.

The 3 months window is nearly up and we have not been contacted by a case officer so I assume that we have not yet been allocated one.

I am just wondering if anyone can help explain how the process will run from here and what I can expect in terms of timing. How will I know when I get a case officer? Do they email you to make initial contact? Has anyone else had the same email from DIAC but not been allocated a CO in the 3 month period proposed?

We have run the whole process so far without an immigration agent and so far it has been fine but I am now feeling a bit confused about the whole thing :wacko:

Seeing as how you didnt get your meds done you'll prob get an email requesting you to do them. Or for other information they are not clear on. Thats the way you usually know you have one because they dont just contact you to introduce themselves or anything.

Archived