Please make me feel happy again

Guest jamtart

Guest jamtart

*** I am depressed! Do we just cancel everything and just get on with our lives?....

It has been nearly 2 years since we started the emigration process and 16 months since we applied for our Visa but with no immediate end in sight. OUR LIVES ARE ON HOLD!!!!! My work know that I have applied to emigrate- so NO chance of promotion for me, family and friends asking all the time if we have heard anything (aarrgghh- we would say if we had!), teenage kids (one of which 'might' be emigrating with us) have no idea when their lives will be turned upside down with us moving and their family home being sold. I just feel that waiting another 2 years like this is going to tear me up, so we should just forget about 'our dream'. Has anyone else cancelled their visa? Have you then regretted it? Should we/can we carry on like this? Can anyone in a similar situation tell me what you have done? ***

Firstly, thank-you for all the positive replies I had.

I posted this in October... and have to admit that the depression has really took hold now!

What worries me more is that being on a 475 visa, my OH is going to be 50 when we get a PR (if we emigrate in the next year). Of course we are worried about him classed as 'old' when job hunting and we are even heading toward the thought of 'will we be able to afford retire?'. I know it's only a decision we can make.... the thought of a new life on The Sunshine Coast, but it is eating me up!!!!

I get annoyed when people on PIO moan about waiting 6 months for their visa (nothing personal, just feeling sorry for myself). We could wait 3-4 years and still be turned down. I wish they would look at your visa and say " yes, you will get a Visa.... but you will have to wait, rather than wait, then be told...." sorry, your application has been unsuccessful"

Ok, rant over :arghh: still depressed!

Hope I am not re-posting this in another year!

Guest endilwen

Oh Jamtart, that sounds really awful :( I'm afraid I don't have much advice but I sincerely hope things get moving for you soon. BIG HUGS, hang in there x

Guest siamsusie
*** I am depressed! Do we just cancel everything and just get on with our lives?....

It has been nearly 2 years since we started the emigration process and 16 months since we applied for our Visa but with no immediate end in sight. OUR LIVES ARE ON HOLD!!!!! My work know that I have applied to emigrate- so NO chance of promotion for me, family and friends asking all the time if we have heard anything (aarrgghh- we would say if we had!), teenage kids (one of which 'might' be emigrating with us) have no idea when their lives will be turned upside down with us moving and their family home being sold. I just feel that waiting another 2 years like this is going to tear me up, so we should just forget about 'our dream'. Has anyone else cancelled their visa? Have you then regretted it? Should we/can we carry on like this? Can anyone in a similar situation tell me what you have done? ***

Firstly, thank-you for all the positive replies I had.

I posted this in October... and have to admit that the depression has really took hold now!

What worries me more is that being on a 475 visa, my OH is going to be 50 when we get a PR (if we emigrate in the next year). Of course we are worried about him classed as 'old' when job hunting and we are even heading toward the thought of 'will we be able to afford retire?'. I know it's only a decision we can make.... the thought of a new life on The Sunshine Coast, but it is eating me up!!!!

I get annoyed when people on PIO moan about waiting 6 months for their visa (nothing personal, just feeling sorry for myself). We could wait 3-4 years and still be turned down. I wish they would look at your visa and say " yes, you will get a Visa.... but you will have to wait, rather than wait, then be told...." sorry, your application has been unsuccessful"

Ok, rant over :arghh: still depressed!

Hope I am not re-posting this in another year!

:hug: Have a look at KellyJamie's posts.... she had a positive outcome, so hopefully for you this can also happen.

love Susie xx

Guest Elbow
Thanks for all your positive encouragement...... still depressed though :-)

Sending you a big pomz in oz hug! :hug:Sounds like you need it.

Keep your chin up, I am sure it will work out. I know how you feel, the waiting, form filling and everything else can get a bit too much at times, but people allways say to me "nothing ventured, nothing gained"

Take it easy x x