Can anyone help please?

Guest Stu1980

Guest Stu1980

Ive visited the immigration website but im just wondering whether or not my uncle, who is an australian citizen, is able to sponsor me for residency as it isnt clear on the website.

Any information on this subject would be much appreciated.

Cheers for now,

Stu

Guest choobs
Ive visited the immigration website but im just wondering whether or not my uncle, who is an australian citizen, is able to sponsor me for residency as it isnt clear on the website.

Cheers for now,

Stu

Yup, he certainly can. My wife's Aunt and Uncle are sponsoring our application.

Choobs

Guest choobs

Cheers for now,

Stu

Yup, he certainly can. My wife's Aunt and Uncle are sponsoring our application.

Choobs

Should also have said - there's one caveat. If your sponsor lives in any of the areas classed as 'Sydney and Selected Areas', you have to nominate an occupation on the SSASSL as your primary skill, even if you don't plan settling in the Sydney area.

Choobs

Guest choobs
Cheers for that. Is it points tested or can you just get your sponsored visa and your in?

Think you need to do an online assessment :) Basically, the sponsorship gives you (if memory serves) 10 points. You still have the other 100/110 to make up.

Cheers

Choobs

Guest lholmes

Hi there

Other family sponsorship visas are not subject to the points test.

I think that it would benifit you to complete a no obligations online assessment. This will determine exactly which visa you are eligable for and allow you to chat with a qualified migration consultant for free consultation on your case.

Assessment available:

https://www.visabureau.com/australia/assessment/skilled/default.aspx

Cheers,

Archived