Alternatives to birth cert for proof of age ?

Chardy

Are there any acceptable alternatives to a birth certificate for "proof of age" to upload on the visa application.

Typically can't find the wifes' one now we need it.

Just seeing if there is an easier way other than paying £9 and waiting another week when we only have 2 weeks left to ensure everything is uploaded. :confused:

Are there any acceptable alternatives to a birth certificate for "proof of age" to upload on the visa application.

Typically can't find the wifes' one now we need it.

Just seeing if there is an easier way other than paying £9 and waiting another week when we only have 2 weeks left to ensure everything is uploaded. :confused:

Not if you're from a country which registers births and provides certificates no. And it has to be the full certificate not the short version.

Do you not live near the area she was born? You can get it in a day if you can go to the office. The GRO also do a priority delivery if you order online. https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

I had to get another copy of my birth certificate for the visa application - rang the council last monday morning and was advised it would be 3 working days to process and then would be sent 2nd class so expect it in a week - we got it in the post the next morning!

It is another £9 spent - especally as I know I have a copy of it somewhere - but at least it came quickly ;-)

Archived