shipping cat, need oz phone number?

Malkitek

Sorry if this has been asked before! We have decided (finally!) to take our cat to Adelaide with us. Have started getting quotes, but quite a few have said we need an address and phone number in OZ to apply for permit? This is a bit difficult, seeing as we don't have one! I have short term rental booked which I believe has a phone and I can probably get the number, but if they phone before I get there then whoever answers will have no idea what they are talking about? I have a friend in Brisbane that I email about twice a year, and could probably get her phone number, but seems a bit cheeky? Does anyone have any ideas, and do you always need a phone number? It even says not mobile?

Thanks

Gill and Spooky x

Guest brettsarah

We decided to go with petair for an extra £100 they do the permit inwith the rest of the paperwork we had to fill in some forms, they needed an Australian address so I am using a friends as a c/o with their number and my mobile and when we get their I will go and see them and make sure they would call my mobile or email we thought we have so much else to organise that going with there gold service would be easier and so far they have been great.

Sorry if this has been asked before! We have decided (finally!) to take our cat to Adelaide with us. Have started getting quotes, but quite a few have said we need an address and phone number in OZ to apply for permit? This is a bit difficult, seeing as we don't have one! I have short term rental booked which I believe has a phone and I can probably get the number, but if they phone before I get there then whoever answers will have no idea what they are talking about? I have a friend in Brisbane that I email about twice a year, and could probably get her phone number, but seems a bit cheeky? Does anyone have any ideas, and do you always need a phone number? It even says not mobile?

Thanks

Gill and Spooky x

Hi Gill who are you using to ship your cat, we have had a quote today from JETS4PETS for £1590 including import permits for 2 cats:huh::huh: plus Quarentine which i have researched and found to be about $2000 for both in Melbourne

Hi

have had several quotes, still waiting for a few. Will try jets4pets! Flying from scotland seems to add a couple of hundred pounds, not suprisingly!

So far I have lowest quote of £1495, with airsupply shipping, including permit, from edinburgh to melbourne, but as price not only criteria also looking at petair as they do seem to have a good service? Cat going to vet on wednesday for m.o.t and then will need to book, just want to get it right!

Gill x

I think they need the address and tel number so they can send you your quarantine bill once they are ready to collect.

I said exactly the same, we are lucky we have relatives so can use them, but no idea what I'd do if I was in your situation!

With regards to which company, give Golden Arrow a ring, chap I spoke to on Friday was very helpful. Will send you a really good guide to what you have to do. Quoted £1184 for our cat. You do have to sort the Feline Enteritis and cat flu jabs yourself.

There's no mention of blood test though, do cats need them or is that only dogs?

Hi

have had several quotes, still waiting for a few. Will try jets4pets! Flying from scotland seems to add a couple of hundred pounds, not suprisingly!

So far I have lowest quote of £1495, with airsupply shipping, including permit, from edinburgh to melbourne, but as price not only criteria also looking at petair as they do seem to have a good service? Cat going to vet on wednesday for m.o.t and then will need to book, just want to get it right!

Gill x

Hi Gill your cat needs to be chipped as well,its about £15

Hi

Thanks all, cat is chipped and is booked in for boosters on wednesday too. Well I'll give our rental address and phone number, and also mobile and contact them as soon as ahe gets there, so they know we'll still want her enough to pay!

Poor wee thing will need to fly to Adelaide at the end of it all, but she's a tough cookie! Wish she was a dog and I could go and pick her up!

Thanks

Gill x

Hi

Thanks all, cat is chipped and is booked in for boosters on wednesday too. Well I'll give our rental address and phone number, and also mobile and contact them as soon as ahe gets there, so they know we'll still want her enough to pay!

Poor wee thing will need to fly to Adelaide at the end of it all, but she's a tough cookie! Wish she was a dog and I could go and pick her up!

Thanks

Gill x

Think we will drive form Adelaide to melbourne to pick ours up and listen to them meowing for about 7 hours !

Think we will drive form Adelaide to melbourne to pick ours up and listen to them meowing for about 7 hours !

I'd think its closer to 9 hours, depending on whereabouts you are leaving from in Adelaide (north Adelaide will be further).

Looooooong drive :goofy:

Guest MontyClaude

I know exactly what you are talking about cos I did it yesterday! You are asking about the contact details for the importer on the permit to import application. I am using a relatives, but as you have a short term rental sorted that should be perfect. They just need to have a contact address and number and once you actually arrive in Oz and get your own mobile number you can get in touch with them and change it to that. Good luck with it all :)

Guest WinstonFam

Hi guys just joined up to the forum and had the exact same question about pets as a chap on here, amazing i got the answer on practically the first page i went on to, thanks for the help guys.

John

Guest sallyhen

We just gave all our details to Pets on the Move and they have taken care of everything, must say and a very good price, which is a plus!

Good luck

Admin Note: This post originates from the same static IP address that 'Pets on the move' use. The same IP address has also been used by another member to promote the company in question. Members are free to draw their own conclusions.

Thanks

Gill and Spooky x

Hi there

Yes this happened with us as well. What we did was ring the lady that we were renting from, told her about it and asked if we could use her phone number. Obviously she would know who we were and she kindly obliged for us.

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone,

We have been given the phone number for our rental, so thats great. Have narrowed the choice to airpets or Golden Arrow! Sure the cat knows something is up!:eek:

Good to hear everyone has gone through or is going through it too!

Gill x

Thanks everyone,

We have been given the phone number for our rental, so thats great. Have narrowed the choice to airpets or Golden Arrow! Sure the cat knows something is up!:eek:

Good to hear everyone has gone through or is going through it too!

Gill x

Hi there again

We used Golden Arrow and they were absolutely wonderful. I would recommend them any day. We left the cat carriers there with them cos the cats have to travel in wooden boxes and we left them with our heat lamp and chain which we used to use for the cats in the cold UK winter as we didnt used to leave the heating on overnight whilst we were in bed so this just made the cats more comfortable :biggrin:

• 5 months later...
We just gave all our details to Pets on the Move and they have taken care of everything, must say and a very good price, which is a plus!

Good luck

Admin note: The above member works for Pets on the Move (confirmed by registration IP address) so the impartiality of this post *may* be in question.

Guest The Pom Queen
Admin note: The above member works for Pets on the Move (confirmed by registration IP address) so the impartiality of this post *may* be in question.

This is a systematic breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Specifically, "A commercial practice is unfair if... (it is) falsely representing oneself as a consumer" isn't it?

Archived