register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest myboysjam

Childhood Immunisations

Guest myboysjam

Hi, just wondering if the kids will need to get any additional Immunisations than we get in the UK! I have 2 boys, 8 and 3 and both have received all their Immunisations to date but just wondering if they need to get anything else before we go or when we land. Thanks :)

This is the latest list I think.

http://www.immunise.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/publishing.nsf/Content/nips2

I know they have chickenpox vaccine which we don't but am sure you will pick up any other changes from thee list.

Good Luck with the move.

Lara

CASA license 3/4/2012.
CASA assesment 2.04.12.
IELTS 8.5 / 7.5 / 8.5 / 9.0 / Overall 8.5 - 13.08.11.
WA SS applied 19.04.12.
WA SS approved 03.05.12.
176 submitted 09.05.12.
176 granted Oct' 12.

Guest myboysjam

That's great Lara, thanks :)

Hi, just wondering if the kids will need to get any additional Immunisations than we get in the UK! I have 2 boys, 8 and 3 and both have received all their Immunisations to date but just wondering if they need to get anything else before we go or when we land. Thanks :)

you will need hep b aswell.... (we have all decided to get) Has your 3 year old had his final pre school jabs due when they are 4.... I just got my 3 yr old done last week (they will get early if you ask).... I know from looking at schools and childcare they some request confirmation on jabs before accepting children.... A doctor also suggested that we could have hep a even though not needed we have decided to have as hubby does a lot of travelling. didn;t know about the chicken pots but my kids have had it anyway, Hope this helps some

Guest myboysjam

That's great info thanks, yeah my 3 year old had those jags last month, was glad to ge them out of the way! Both the boys books with their immunisation records are up to date so I assume that will be sufficient evidence to show :)

Just chickenpox and hep b. Make sure that the GP surgery update your childrens immunisation register records. When they enrol for school, nursery etc you will need to provide a vaccination certificate/statement to say whether they are fully immunised or not. I just photocopied the relevant pages from the red books for them.

That's great info thanks, yeah my 3 year old had those jags last month, was glad to ge them out of the way! Both the boys books with their immunisation records are up to date so I assume that will be sufficient evidence to show :)

you will def need hep b.... i dont know what to do about chicken pots any advice would be great. my kids have had the illness???

Guest cosmicsis

Even though both our kids had chicken pox prior to emigrating, if you can bring a letter from your GP confirming this, as it is sometimes requested (was in our case), although they have a few scars as proof. Also re Hep B - our two started the twinrix which is combined Hep A & B. If you can get them all in UK and booster doses then will be covered for both (good travel one) and for free. We unfortunately didn't have time for their final dose and although the Hep B was free we paid for and ordered the combined one so they were covered for both. xx

Here is a printable version of the childhood immunisation schedule here:

http://immunise.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/publishing.nsf/Content/E875BA5436C6DF9BCA2575BD001C80BF/$File/nip-schedule-card-july07.pdf

One of the things to be aware of, is that if you want to claim any family assistance payments (assuming you meet residence requirements on your visa) your children must meet the immunisation requirements if they are under the age of seven. Details here http://www.familyassist.gov.au/payments/family-assistance-payments/child-care-benefit/immunisation-requirements.php

If you can't get chicken pox vaccinated against in the Uk, I imagine you can get it done here when you get here as type of a catch up maybe?

It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins - Chinese proverb