i hope they serve beer in hell

tonyman

Guest The Ropey HOFF
:confused: but is it worth watching Dimbo........:laugh:

I haven't watched it mate, sorry buddy ............ you watch some obscure films, the human cattepillar was it called that? Where do you get them from?

:biglaugh: the Human Centipede .......im after the 2 nd one now .......

Arrgggh hubby told me yesterday the BBFC refuses to certify Human Centipede: Full Sequence! *cries* - does that mean it's effectively banned and you have to go to secret viewings, like A Clockwork Orange before Kubrik died???

Arrgggh hubby told me yesterday the BBFC refuses to certify Human Centipede: Full Sequence! *cries* - does that mean it's effectively banned and you have to go to secret viewings, like A Clockwork Orange before Kubrik died???

No, not here its at Civic Video.....i grab about 8 films every Thursday for a week 50 cents each ,if i dont get round to watching them then no big deal, and ive only picked one crap one up to now.........I Spit on your Grave was good, the remake ....they also have the original......:yes:

No, not here its at Civic Video.....i grab about 8 films every Thursday for a week 50 cents each ,if i dont get round to watching them then no big deal, and ive only picked one crap one up to now.........I Spit on your Grave was good, the remake ....they also have the original......:yes:

Cool, if I can't see it here I'll wait til we hit Brisso. Not that His Nibs will watch it with me, he's scared of horrors. Wimp! I had to watch Communion* on my own, one of the creepiest films ever, and the only one I'd have preferred some company for!

*not the alien film with Christopher Walken, it's the 1970s scare-fest also known as Alice Sweet Alice or The Holy Terror. I first saw it when I was about 9 and it probably damaged me somewhat!

well ,i think this review answers my question.........

Having read the book a couple of years ago, I followed the movie's production blog with great excitement.

Tucker mentioned possible Oscar nomination for the script, more than $200M at the box office and revolutionizing Hollywood.

I walked into the theater with 2 other male friends in late 20s - both lawyers, one of whom actually went to Duke. We'd been in the bar for an hour before hand so in merry mood after several beers. One of the guys just picked up the bar girl he'd been after for months, so cause to celebrate. I love independent movies. Edgy scripts. Darkness and the anti-Hollywood approach. Swingers is one of my favorite comedies in the ilk. The perfect movie for the perfect evening ...

There were 4 other people in the cinema. Hmmm. It did not seem to bode well.

And the movie begins. I began with a grin on my face, prepared to laugh my ass off throughout.

About 40 mins in, I was still waiting to laugh. One of my friends, who hadn't read the book, was yawning. Two of the others in the cinema got up and left.

So, let me cut a long story short: Poor script. Underlit. Cheap grain. Little empathy for any of the characters; no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The story arc fell totally flat. I could live with all that if the thing was actually FUNNY. Alas, I managed a couple of forced chuckles.

We left the cinema with me having to apologize to my friend for having put him through the boredom. We should have carried on drinking in the bar instead of wasting our time on this film.

Tucker tipped this as a classic of our time. I'm not even sure it would have merited a straight to DVD release. He said it would top The Hangover in both acclaim, artistic merit and box office. Half a billion dollars later, wide critical and audience reception, and marked as one of the best comedies of the year, if he'd put that sentence in the script, it would have been the funniest line in the whole movie.

Cool, if I can't see it here I'll wait til we hit Brisso. Not that His Nibs will watch it with me, he's scared of horrors. Wimp! I had to watch Communion* on my own, one of the creepiest films ever, and the only one I'd have preferred some company for!

*not the alien film with Christopher Walken, it's the 1970s scare-fest also known as Alice Sweet Alice or The Holy Terror. I first saw it when I was about 9 and it probably damaged me somewhat!

thanks Paisley i will dig that one out on Thursday..........:yes:

Communion is a 1989 drama/thriller film based on the book by Whitley Strieber with the same name, starring Christopher Walken and Frances Sternhagen. It tells a story of a family that experiences the extraterrestrial phenomenon while on vacation at a remote vacation home in the wilderness. According to Strieber, the story is a real-life account of his own encounter with "visitors", with Walken playing the role of the author.

thanks Paisley i will dig that one out on Thursday..........:yes:

Communion is a 1989 drama/thriller film based on the book by Whitley Strieber with the same name, starring Christopher Walken and Frances Sternhagen. It tells a story of a family that experiences the extraterrestrial phenomenon while on vacation at a remote vacation home in the wilderness. According to Strieber, the story is a real-life account of his own encounter with "visitors", with Walken playing the role of the author.

Nope, not that one, see my footnote in tiny script :eek:

I'm sure the 1989 one is great too though!!

Nope, not that one, see my footnote in tiny script :eek:

I'm sure the 1989 one is great too though!!

Arrr now i see it............bit confusing ........will try that one too

Alice, Sweet Alice (also known as Communion or Holy Terror)[1] is a 1976 independent American slasher film directed by Alfred Sole, and starring Linda Miller, Paula Sheppard, and Brooke Shields. It was released theatrically three different times, each time under a new title: first as Communion in November 1976; as Alice, Sweet Alice in 1978; and as Holy Terror in 1981. This film was ranked #89 on Bravo's The 100 Scariest Movie Moments for the scene when Alice scares Karen in the warehouse. The film is notable for being Shields' first acting role, which prompted distributors to re-release the film to market upon Shields' growing notoriety following her role in Pretty Baby (1978)