Guest StevieG8

Recommend me a carrier for my 2 dogs.

Guest StevieG8

Hi all,

Found out on Friday that our 176 State Sponsored visa has been granted so as soon as the house is sold we're on our way!!!

We've got 2 dogs, a bulldog and a westie and are planning on taking them with us (against my better judgement). What carriers did anyone use and what sort of price are we looking at all in?

Thanks, Shaun.

Hi Shaun

We used Petair - they are great and so professional - highly recommended :biggrin:

Angela, Steve and our 3 hounds - Jerry, Molly & Fletcher !

Hi we used Petair uk also, no complaints at all, only praise for looking after our two boys so well:cute:

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

I used Transfur and they were very helpful. For my two cavaliers it cost £2300.00. Vets fees for blood tests etc was about £700.00. Quarantine fees , $2500.00 and flights up to Brisbane $340.00. Oh yeah, and someone to walk then in quarantine $400.00. It's not cheap!!!

We are looking into this at the moment, have been reading up and it seems Petair, Airpets and Golden Arrow all seem to have a lot of positive reviews.

I spoke to the Golden Arrow on Friday, seemed very helpful. Petair have a very good website, loads of info. Not quite sure how we'll make our minds up!!

Jane (Main App-Podiatrist) & Dale (Contracts Manager) ¦ Flying to Melbourne 9th July 2012.....a new life :)

Guest StevieG8

We've been in touch with jets4pets and golden arrow and had quotes from both but need to get my head round what they're quoting for. There's alot to do before the move, then flights, quarantine etc and everything the other side but no-one seems to want to quote for the whole thing. The fact we've got a Bulldog and not all airlines will carry them makes it all the more difficult aswell.

I went with petair uk. They were very helpful. I did all the paper work myself and local vets did blood tests but if I had a query on anything I was doing myself they were happy to help me and now my dogs are safe and sound in sydney quarantine :)

Guest Kezza82

Hi! Im in process of getting quotes for my two patterdale crosses. I did the Import Permit Application myself (they were really straight forward). Have been quotes £250 for bloods etc from a local vet.

Our dogs measure 76cm length, 55cm, height and 30cm width and weve had the following quotes:-

Skydogs - £2195.00

Ryslip - £2384.61

Par Air - £2489.00

Airpets - £2511.00

Airsuppy - £2640.97 - They say they will beat any like for like quote but seem to have bad reviews.

Golden Arrow - £2928.00

Petair UK - £3114.92 (silver) £4424.94 (gold)

Hope this helps.

petair uk charged me £2011 silver package for 2 jack russells, I cant remember their measurements but I wouldnt have thought they would be much smaller than yours

Guest Kezza82

Hi Amy

My patterdale crosses are a similar build and size to staffys so abit bigger than jack russells. If Petair Uk quoted me £2011.00 I would have definately used them.

ah ok, they will need a bigger crate. Petair let me fly them in the same crate with a mesh divide which is one of the reasons I chose them and they were very good. Helpful if you are doing paper work stuff yourself as they want everything to be right for the day they fly

Guest WinstonFam

another question answered in next to no time, im guessing no one has anything bad to say about petair, always a good sign.

John

Hi! Im in process of getting quotes for my two patterdale crosses. I did the Import Permit Application myself (they were really straight forward). Have been quotes £250 for bloods etc from a local vet.

Our dogs measure 76cm length, 55cm, height and 30cm width and weve had the following quotes:-

Skydogs - £2195.00

Ryslip - £2384.61

Par Air - £2489.00

Airpets - £2511.00

Airsuppy - £2640.97 - They say they will beat any like for like quote but seem to have bad reviews.

Golden Arrow - £2928.00

Petair UK - £3114.92 (silver) £4424.94 (gold)

Hope this helps.

Hi - when comparing the quotes don't forget to consider what size kennel they reccomend - this can be highly variable in some cases, and really affects the price.

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Dear Kezza82

Did you email everyone sizes of your dogs? Based on those sizes you have here i have our silver service as £2702 with Virgin. Just check Skydogs price as i have the cost to us as more than they have quoted. Skydogs are good folk but you dont want to sign up and then the price rise afterwards

Stevie G8 - as you have a bulldog - the only carrier who will take them are Air Canada via Vancouver. it is a longer flight, but they do get to come out of their crates halfway, so it is a bit of a double edged sword. Also they only fly to Sydney. Give us a shout and we can do you a quote no problems. Price for flight ticket and crates will be around £3500 plus permits plus vet work plus quarantine costs, so likely around £7k all in

Hope that helps

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com

Petair UK - the only pet travel service in Uk to be run by vets. We offer the most comprehensive services to easily and safely transport your pets from UK to Australia

www.petairuk.com

We used Golden Arrow as they were closer for us to drop off the pets, and also they had the pets for the last couple of days before flying (I couldn't have taken them on the last day). They looked after the final vet check etc for me.

Wherever you are, make the most of it.