309 off shore visa criminal check

Guest aussie14

Guest aussie14

hi all i need some advice my fiancee is from the uk and im australian we are going to apply for a 309 partner visa. i have a criminal record nothing serious but my fiancee does not she is a primary school teacher she has an excellent background. just wondering do i need to provide a criminal history check even though i was born in oz and im only the partner sponser please can someone help?:Randy-git:

Guest siamsusie
hi all i need some advice my fiancee is from the uk and im australian we are going to apply for a 309 partner visa. i have a criminal record nothing serious but my fiancee does not she is a primary school teacher she has an excellent background. just wondering do i need to provide a criminal history check even though i was born in oz and im only the partner sponser please can someone help?:Randy-git:

Welcome to Poms In Oz Aussie.

You are the sponsor and unless your Fiancee has children coming to live with you under the 309 you are not under going any criminal checks here in Australia for DIAC.

Your Fiancee will of course.

Very best wishes,

Susie

Guest siamsusie
cool thanks for that she is pregnant so i dont know wat we have to do should we state that she is pregnant at all?

Dealing with DIAC means total honesty Aussie.. Your good lady will have to undergo a medical, so she may well opt out of the X ray situation depending on where and when etc.

By the way congratulations, thats wonderful news!

There are many of us that have gone down the de facto route and always willing to give some advise, so dont be afraid to shout.

Very best wishes

Susie x

Guest siamsusie

If this is your own child then no Police checks are required.

Yes being apart is the stressful bit, oh how I remember it so well!

I will send you a PM in a tic.

Susie x