Guest The Ropey HOFF

Views wanted on £134 million Greater Manchester Police cuts.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

They are asking the local people where the cuts should be made, Chief Constable Peter Fahey has arranged meetings at town halls across 10 Greater Manchester authorities, to find ways forward on where to make the cuts.

Greater Manchester Police cuts

20.jpg

Reckless cuts to our local police go way beyond what is necessary and will put the safety of communities at risk. Almost a quarter of all posts at Greater Manchester Police are being cut and these will lead to a loss of up to 1,500 police officer posts, and 1,400 civilian jobs. Chief Constable Peter Fahy has been put in an impossible position and has acknowledged that the cuts are “huge” and that Greater Manchester police will have to make “very difficult decisions about the service to the public”.

With one in five people losing their job it is hard to see how frontline services will not be affected.

My son wants to become a police Officer ............ theres not much chance of that happening in the next few years.

its disgusting... as i have said before maybe save some money from the fat cat bankers and make a few useless government members redundant....(ot at least stop some of their expenses) i do think cuts do need to be made but NOT from front line (including the nhs and education)

Guest Guest 47403

There are lots of things that the UK can do to help the finacial crisis it is currently in, frontline policing should definately not be an area than suffers!

Guest Andy
They are asking the local people where the cuts should be made, Chief Constable Peter Fahey has arranged meetings at town halls across 10 Greater Manchester authorities, to find ways forward on where to make the cuts.

Greater Manchester Police cuts

20.jpg

Reckless cuts to our local police go way beyond what is necessary and will put the safety of communities at risk. Almost a quarter of all posts at Greater Manchester Police are being cut and these will lead to a loss of up to 1,500 police officer posts, and 1,400 civilian jobs. Chief Constable Peter Fahy has been put in an impossible position and has acknowledged that the cuts are “huge” and that Greater Manchester police will have to make “very difficult decisions about the service to the public”.

With one in five people losing their job it is hard to see how frontline services will not be affected.

My son wants to become a police Officer ............ theres not much chance of that happening in the next few years.

This story and others like it drive me absolutly stark raving bonkers:mad::realmad::arghh:, when will the bloody governments get there poxy priorities right and start looking after the people in this country and putting our welfare before those in other countries, the bloody foreign aid budget should be cut and the money put into getting more old bill to protect us, under this government the foreign aid bill is due to increase:shocked:! WHY?

Why are they spending OUR money on other countries when they should be spending OUR money on US.

I'm a bit dubious as to why they want to ask the public.

The public weren't asked IF they wanted the cuts. I fear that the cuts that are made will then be thrown back in the faces of said council tax taxpayers (me included), when the shirt hits the fan.

They'll say "but YOU asked for these particular cuts".

Bobby's have a hard enough job to do, without all this political/economic bullhawks.

"An inspirational leader...exceptionally enthusiastic, committed and motivated" OFSTED 2014.

This story and others like it drive me absolutly stark raving bonkers:mad::realmad::arghh:, when will the bloody governments get there poxy priorities right and start looking after the people in this country and putting our welfare before those in other countries, the bloody foreign aid budget should be cut and the money put into getting more old bill to protect us, under this government the foreign aid bill is due to increase:shocked:! WHY?

Why are they spending OUR money on other countries when they should be spending OUR money on US.

Funnily enough Andy I was watching Question Time the other night when the Overseas Development Minister was on. He said that he wanted the UK to become a "Development Superpower". In a nutshell, this ties in with recent announcements such as scrapping aircraft carriers, not having planes for the ones we have etc.

We cannot use brute force to get our way in the world any more.

The government, and no doubt the ones after it, will reposition the UK as a 'generous' country to those in strife, in the hope we can get away with their lucre via charity instead of bullets.

"An inspirational leader...exceptionally enthusiastic, committed and motivated" OFSTED 2014.

Guest Andy
its disgusting... as i have said before maybe save some money from the fat cat bankers and make a few useless government members redundant....(ot at least stop some of their expenses) i do think cuts do need to be made but NOT from front line (including the nhs and education)

I think the bankers are just carrying on as if nothing has happened, they were talking about it on radio 4 ( i dont normally listen to radio 4 but i had it tuned into the cricket:cute:) and saying that it looks like some of OUR money that was used to bail out the banks has gone on bonus's ffs :shocked:

I think the bankers are just carrying on as if nothing has happened, they were talking about it on radio 4 ( i dont normally listen to radio 4 but i had it tuned into the cricket:cute:) and saying that it looks like some of OUR money that was used to bail out the banks has gone on bonus's ffs :shocked:

Couldnt script it could yer!:arghh:loads are on the bones of their arse yet EVERYTHING seems to be rocketing,gas,leccy etc,food,how long do yer reckon before people just march/cause chaos because they've had enuf of banks and companies like GLENCORE dictating whether were poor or not,banks and big business run the world,not gvnmt,look at BP in nigeria!

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I read the other day that one of the banks we bailed out, it might have been RBS that they hadn't had a good year last year, so the bonuses the fat cat bankers were getting this year were being paid out of the bail out money given to them from our taxes .............. you just couldn't make it up, why are these mega rich morons getting bonuses when their bank hasn't performed?

Makes me steaming mad.:arghh::realmad::mad:

Guest guest36187

My cousin applied for the fire brigade. 150 jobs.......9000 applicants.

service will be affected, it can't not!

I have couple of friends who are ex coppers, one has retired, one was so pissed off with being made to focus on motorists for all the wrong reasons he left and is now an advisor for a group called Drivewise and some of the stories they both have told me over the years about the waste that goes on is shocking... I know many will defend it, especially things like budget spending to ensure they get the same budget the following year but what is different between their waste and the waste of any other "company"? If this sort of thing went on in the private sector people would lose their jobs, in the private sector they are well protected.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I agree that the public sector wastes its resources and the private sector doesn't, because all they are interested in is .............. profit. But cutting £134 million pounds from their budget can only be bad for everyone concerned, the workers and the public, who will fall victim to more crimes.

The post office is getting privatised soon, lets see how great it becomes after privatisation. The posties will have their wages cut, working terms and conditions altered for the worse and their pensions will be savaged, not that they will get a great pension in the first place, but ................. as long as we can spend billions on invading Afghanistan and fighting in Libya it will be worth it.

Guest Andy
I read the other day that one of the banks we bailed out, it might have been RBS that they hadn't had a good year last year, so the bonuses the fat cat bankers were getting this year were being paid out of the bail out money given to them from our taxes .............. you just couldn't make it up, why are these mega rich morons getting bonuses when their bank hasn't performed?

Makes me steaming mad.:arghh::realmad::mad:

It makes me steaming mad also hoff, this country is on its knees yet the tossers that helped ruin us are still being rewarded:mad: