Guest The Ropey HOFF

Good news for worried migrants.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The Expat Explorer Survey focuses on expats’ experiences when bringing up children abroad.

The report looks at which focuses on six key global locations the best opportunities and experiences for their children.

Expats rated childcare, education, ease of integration, costs of raising children, time spent outside, and time spent taking part in outdoor activities. In addition, they also rated the relative ease in which they were able to do the following in their new country of residence.

Read The Full Report Here

Expat Survey Full Report

Key findings

One in three of the expats surveyed (31%) have dependent children (children under the age of 18) living with them abroad in a total of 26 different countries around the world.

Of the top six countries (UAE, US, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia), expats in Singapore are the most likely to have children who currently live with them (46%), while just a quarter (24%) of expats in the UK have dependent children.

Generally, 37% of expats have experienced an increase in the quality of family life since moving abroad. Of the top six countries, Australia had the largest proportion of expat parents (55%) who reported an improvement in the quality of family life compared with where they used to live.

Some expats reported that moving to the UK can have a negative effect on their family life – 45% reported a decline in quality compared with only 16% who reported an improvement.

Australia Takes Best Overall for Children

Of those countries surveyed as part of the Offshore Offspring report, expats living in Australia feel the country provides the best environment for healthy and active children. For example, parents report that these children are the most likely to spend more time outdoors than in their previous country. Children in Australia are more likely to have increased the amount of time spent playing sports (68% vs. 44% globally) and are also the most likely to spend less time watching TV and to eat healthily when compared with their home country; making Australia the best place for children to adopt a healthy way of living.

Read The Full Report Here

Expat Survey Full Report

Guest The Ropey HOFF

It does set your mind at ease quite a bit to know that kids assimilate well after migrating, it is a big worry for us that the better life for our kids that we think they will have, just might be true.

Its good to hear some good facts which help to remind us why we are putting ourselves through this process :)

Moved back to Perth in May 2013.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Its good to hear some good facts which help to remind us why we are putting ourselves through this process :)

I like your quote ............... putting ourselves through this process.:yes:

Its something we all have to suffer, but its great news like this that give you a lift when the self doubts creep in.

I agree, this process is so intense and fraught with the goal posts changing on a regular basis. So much so that it is easy to get diverted and start focussing on the negatives. But there is a reason why we all do this and the potential rewards really are worth fighting for :)

Moved back to Perth in May 2013.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I agree, this process is so intense and fraught with the goal posts changing on a regular basis. So much so that it is easy to get diverted and start focussing on the negatives. But there is a reason why we all do this and the potential rewards really are worth fighting for :)

I am sure it will be worth it in the end, best of luck.:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Just posting to let people know about this great news, best of luck everyone.

@ The Ropey Hoff

This is just a stab in the dark, but I think you have a mild, only mild mind, obsession with David Hasselhoff, am I right in thinking this????:goofy::goofy::goofy:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Voted worst new member 2011..... :err:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I was likened to him as i ran on the beach one sunny day in Bridlington, my wifes cousin said, you remind me of that guy off Baywatch ............. i said, do you mean David Hasselhoff? she said - YES' you look like a Ropey HOFF, thats where my nickname came from. lol

I was likened to him as i ran on the beach one sunny day in Bridlington, my wifes cousin said, you remind me of that guy off Baywatch ............. i said, do you mean David Hasselhoff? she said - YES' you look like a Ropey HOFF, thats where my nickname came from. lol

LMFAO

Well lucky you wern't likened to him drunk on the floor, being filmed by his daughter!!!!!!

Or was it..............................................? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::tongue:

Voted worst new member 2011..... :err:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
LMFAO

Well lucky you wern't likened to him drunk on the floor, being filmed by his daughter!!!!!!

Or was it..............................................? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::tongue:

I was running on the beach in sunny Brid about 15 years ago, the HOFF was a man god then, he looks a little ropey himself theses days, i like to think she meant i looked like a Ropey looking HOFF, who looked like this ...........

hasselhoff11.jpg

Guest siamsusie

article-1327009-0BEB7F6C000005DC-341_468x313.jpg

Call me: The Hoff not only graciously talked to Tonyman whilst he sat waiting in traffic, he gave him a business card before he drove away

Guest The Ropey HOFF
article-1327009-0BEB7F6C000005DC-341_468x313.jpg

Call me: The Hoff not only graciously talked to Tonyman whilst he sat waiting in traffic, he gave him a business card before he drove away

Tonyman looks totally opposite to what i imagined, he looks, fit, muscly, tanned and good looking.:laugh::yes:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Just reposting to spread the good news to would be migrants.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Anyone remember this? lol

125024-where-to-find-nirvana.jpg

Where to find nirvana ... The top 25 countries to live in for quality of life, according to International Living magazine. Source: The Daily Telegraph

124852-opera-house-and-harbour-bridge.jpg

"Great culture and excellent food" ... The Sydney Opera House from aboard True Blue Whale Watching cruises is a reason whey Australia is ranked the second best country in the world to live. Picture: Toby Zerna Source: The Daily Telegraphprogress.gif

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Some more great news about Australia.

Some more great news about Australia.

I can't see anything on your post Jim, surely you aren't meaning a post from July 2011?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Jim I'm going to close this and move to CTF

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.