Family Sponsored 176- Where are you now?

jimithechew

It changed to this on the 15/06 so nearly 3 weeks ago now......worried now as on the website it says that their is a low allocation of family sponsored visas! I would of gone for SS if i had known!!

Many people have mentioned how things have slowed down in the last few weeks. People that are "nearly there" I.E. CO has everything and all docs are finalised on the tracking website but they have heard nothing in the last while. So for me I would say at least they have started with your docs. If this is the case then you are safe and you are very likely to hear from your CO sometime soonish. No one knows just how long this will be.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It changed to this on the 15/06 so nearly 3 weeks ago now......worried now as on the website it says that their is a low allocation of family sponsored visas! I would of gone for SS if i had known!!

I applied for a FS 176 at the beginning of Feb, and a CO was assigned at the beginning of July.

The status was "processing further" for quite a while (sorry, don't know how long) before I had the first e-mail from the CO.

Guest Richardx

Hi all, wonder if anybody can answer this one, we were granted our 176 visa sponsored by my wifes uncle in Feb. Since then his health has deteriorated somewhat and I'm wondering if they would let us switch sponsor to her aunt if anything happened. May be worrying about nothing but want to cover all bases. We are planning to go summer 2013, any advice much appreciated.

Hi all, wonder if anybody can answer this one, we were granted our 176 visa sponsored by my wifes uncle in Feb. Since then his health has deteriorated somewhat and I'm wondering if they would let us switch sponsor to her aunt if anything happened. May be worrying about nothing but want to cover all bases. We are planning to go summer 2013, any advice much appreciated.

I dont think you can switich the sponsor now the visa has been granted, once your visa is validated.

This is the obligations of Family Sponsor

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/obligations-sponsor.htm

I applied for a FS 176 at the beginning of Feb, and a CO was assigned at the beginning of July.

The status was "processing further" for quite a while (sorry, don't know how long) before I had the first e-mail from the CO.

Oh ok I'll just keep checking my emails! Thanks.

Sorry, I just submitted mine along with the rest of the stuff within the month deadline, but it was all online,

Out of interest why are you doing the paper based one?

Hi Jim,

The application was for my brother. His kids didnt have the passport ready. the online application does not allow without a vaild application details of all applicants and hence a paper based application had to be done. It went in before the deadline and was acknowledged, which is a good thing. We are presuming it will take a few months atleast before a CO is assigned. so, the wait starts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys! My name is Prince, and I am new to this thread. Like you, I am a 176-relative sponsored applicant. I lodged my paper application June 22, 2012.

I just called the Adelaide Processing Center earlier today, and I spoke to Ann. I asked Ann what Prioirty Group I am in, and she said that it doesn't matter because I am on the next batch to be allocated a Case Officer.

I asked her how long it would take, and she said she can't tell.

1.) Does anyone here have an idea what she meant by "You are on the next batch to be allocated to a case officer" ?

2.) Any idea how long it will take?

Thank you in advance for your replies :)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything at all??????

beginning to wonder if we have been forgotten, i know there is a long wait but it seems a bit hit and miss some are getting CO's and others not, should I pester, I lodged on 30 May ??

Thanks in advance if you have any info x

Has anyone heard anything at all??????

beginning to wonder if we have been forgotten, i know there is a long wait but it seems a bit hit and miss some are getting CO's and others not, should I pester, I lodged on 30 May ??

Thanks in advance if you have any info x

Hello,

I applied 7th may and still have not heard anything on the visa website it now says up to the 19th march have case officers. Two weeks ago they were only up to 23rd January so have moved quickly in the past two weeks. So hopefully we will get case officers soon.

Vicki

• 3 months later...

Any news at all?

My wife's medicals, which were referred on 24th July, were finally finalized on 9th November (108 days taken). Last night, I received an email telling me that "[my] application is being dealt with in line with priority processing arrangements[,] and will be contacted when [the DIAC] [is] ready to make the decision".

Not feeling too hopeful right now...

• 2 weeks later...

We had applied for 176 skilled Fam sponsored visa in 2008, resubmitted our medical and PCC in july, 2012 and are still awaiting the final approval for grant of visa. The CO mentioned that our meds have been referred to the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth on 20 july 2012...

Any idea how long its going to take!!!??? i see here most have been suffering this plight!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a (positive) update on my FS 176. Read the story in this post.

Congrats! this is very good news, it's probably the first FS getting a grant that i have come across this year. You must have been Priority 4 to be processed so fast. you will probably disagree about the grant being 'fast', but it really is if you see the thousands of us waiting since 2008-9 in Category 5 - that too without a CO! I am 176 FS 9/2009, no CO and the allocation table shows they haven't started our category and they refuse to tell when or if they ever will!

Once i have a CO, i am going to take your tip and bug him into giving a grant... good luck and happy holidays!

We had applied for 176 skilled Fam sponsored visa in 2008, resubmitted our medical and PCC in july, 2012 and are still awaiting the final approval for grant of visa. The CO mentioned that our meds have been referred to the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth on 20 july 2012...

Any idea how long its going to take!!!??? i see here most have been suffering this plight!

This is the figures for last financial year and they had given 10,800 visas to FS intstead of the official 4100 visas they had.

here is the link: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

By analysing these figures of last year, I believe FS group will start around April 2013 and they should reach at least 10,000 visas.

Last year 37772 visas were issued in the Skilled independent class and this year they have been given 45550 visas.

State/territory sponsored were 22247 and this year they have 24650 places. If we look at only these two figures we find an increase in the official number of places allocated to these two classes, which is 7778 + 2403 = 10181 places.

We know that the Skill Select system is not moving as fast as was feared so they JUST might not be able to issue the required number of visas in these classes and the leftover places will hopefully, in fact surely, go to Family Sponsored, and a safe guess should be around an increase of 8000 to 10000 more places.

All FS in priority 4 and above will get grants this financial year and from priority 5 they should cover from 2007 to somewhere in 2009 and onshore group will move faster than offshore applicants.

We need to just sit tight and wait, and with the holiday season started, it’s going to be some dull weeks ahead.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Arshad - we've held on since Sept 2008 and have heard not one word from our agent. I have lost track on the forum recently having been so discouraged about it all, but that was a very informative post from you and makes me think it might start happening - never say never!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hardly three weeks left and there are no indications DIAC is even going to touch 176 FS applications.... Next month there will be legislation change and we don't know where we would stand then.... Then there is going to be Federal Elections in September, which might add up to the impediment of processing!!!!! There is Christmas!!!!!!!! Sorry folks, never want to discourage, but this is the situation.... :( We are not going to be looked into until Feb 2014!!!!!!!! Goodluck

Hardly three weeks left and there are no indications DIAC is even going to touch 176 FS applications.... Next month there will be legislation change and we don't know where we would stand then.... Then there is going to be Federal Elections in September, which might add up to the impediment of processing!!!!! There is Christmas!!!!!!!! Sorry folks, never want to discourage, but this is the situation.... :( We are not going to be looked into until Feb 2014!!!!!!!! Goodluck

Bull there are still 496 August 2007 applicants left. They will process those and then start with your category.