Family Sponsored 176- Where are you now?

jimithechew

Hi,

I've just received email from CO after months of waiting. I have visited this site several times when I lodged my visa application and the topics really helped me. Here's my timeline for reference:

October 2010 - Applied for TRA Skills Assessment

December 2010 - Received TRA Skills Assessment

May 2011 - Took IELTS test.

June 15, 2011 - Applied for Visa Subclass 176 (Family-sponsored); I have a sister in Brisbane with a PR after 3years of residency.

February 16, 2012 - received an email from CO asking for Form80, additional work experience documents, and change in circumstances form.

I was given 28days to comply. After this I expect the CO will be asking for health and police checks for me and my family.

Best Regards to All,

Jryan

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone, I am confused about Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) relative sponsorship. I have my skills assessed from ACS as Systems Administrator - ANZSCO 262113 which is listed in SOL-2. My sister is a permanent resident of Australia from last 3 years. I want to know can she sponsor me for the 176 visa ? From the DIAC website it says as stated below. Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) A permanent visa for people unable to meet the Skilled – Independent requirements. Applicants must be either sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or nominated by a participating state or territory government. Applicants must pass a points test. But according to a migration agent this is no longer possible, I am confused, would really appreciate if someone has a view on this.

Hi illuminati,

My sister was confirmed as Permanent Resident in February 2011. She was able to sponsor me in June 2011 when I lodged my visa subclass 176 application. If your sister has proof (letter) of her permanent residency then I believe she can sponsor you.

Best Regards

Morning, how is everybody?

Allocation dates have moved on a little:

Once all the June applications have been allocated a CO, I am hoping that things will get moving again!

Did anyone who is married need to submit evidence of the history of your relationship? Not sure if I do.

Thanks!

Attended Medicals in Edinburgh yesterday, quickest £290 each me and my fella have every paid lol. Apparently a family of 3 had arrived there from Inverness in the morning without passports so couldn't go ahead with medicals!! That's gotta hurt:wacko:. Police checks posted too, just a waiting game name.

It's all getting very real!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mdeejacks

Hi Jimmithechew,

nice one on getting there in the end, are you still in blighty or somewhere sunny? we have just completed on the sale of our house today and we are looking to book our flight this weekend for late next month.

let me know hoe you re getting on

cheers

jack

• 2 weeks later...

Its official we are PR :biggrin: as of the 20th March 2012 we can finally stay in Aus no more working visa. Journey still not over as we are now going to move to the Gold Coast from Sydney. Good luck to anyone who is still waiting

Guest London2brisbane

I am a bit confused. Got an email today requesting our medicals signed by a case officer. Does this mean we have a case officer assigned? We only applied for the visa in November 2011. I won't get to excited yet...

Guest London2brisbane
Guys,

Am I the only person in the UK who's recently submitted an application for a FS 176? Have I made a mistake in doing so, I wonder?

I had no idea the waiting time for FS vs. SS was so much longer. (The "priority table" makes no distinction, as far as I recall.)

Does anyone know what the current waiting time is likely to be? From what I've read, they seem to be speeding up the process a bit?

Cheers,

Simon

We've applied fro FS176 in November 2011. We've just received leeter from CO requesting medicals.

I am very suprised at the speed it is moving :)

• 2 weeks later...
still here after putting visa in on 9th Sept 2009

We too applied in 2009 on FS 176 visa on 28.9.2009 and will have to wait till new budget year for things to move in our Cat 5! Agggghhhhhh! for some of us things just move too slow!

Guest aamer

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help/answer my question. I am software Engineer from HR country; I applied for Family Sponsored 176 Visa - Cat 4 offshore.

On 3rd March my status on the immi website changed to Application being processed further. I am still waiting for a CO to contact us requesting for further information.

According to my Agent, He has contact DIAC and they have advised him that a CO has been assigned and he will contact him shortly.

The DIAC website states the 176 Family visa has been processed until 12th September, I lodged my application in June.

Does anybody on this thread in a similar situation? or is it just me who has been unlucky......

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update...maybe some of the June 2011 applicants are on the same timeline?

October 2010 - Applied for TRA Skills Assessment

December 2010 - Received TRA Skills Assessment

May 2011 - Took IELTS test.

June 15, 2011 - Applied for Visa Subclass 176 (Family-sponsored); I have a sister in Brisbane with a PR after 3years of residency.

February 16, 2012 - received an email from CO Team 7 asking for Form80, additional work experience documents, and change in circumstances form (Form 1022).

March 12, 2012 - informed CO all requirements/ docs requested are already uploaded.

May 17, 2012 - received email from CO asking for medical clearance, police clearance, and Form 1022

Hoping to complete the medical and police clearances before mid-June.

Hi,

We received email from CO at the end of April requesting police checks and medicals. These are now in, medical requirements showing as finalised 28/05/12. Just waiting now.

Timeline as follows:

176 submitted June 2011

Case Officer Feb 2012 - further info requested re evidence of dependency

Medicals & police checks requested by CO late April

Police checks submitted mid May

Medicals completed mid May, showing as finalised 28/05