Family Sponsored 176- Where are you now?

jimithechew

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Am I the only person in the UK who's recently submitted an application for a FS 176? Have I made a mistake in doing so, I wonder?

I had no idea the waiting time for FS vs. SS was so much longer. (The "priority table" makes no distinction, as far as I recall.)

Does anyone know what the current waiting time is likely to be? From what I've read, they seem to be speeding up the process a bit?

Cheers,

Simon

Guest Rakeshpatel

simonbrads

I am FS 176 - 24th June Applicant , India

Got CO on 2/2/2012

175 & FS 176 are in Priority 4 -see following link -

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Don't worry. They are working faster then we expected.

Best luck.

Thanks

Rakesh

Guys,

Am I the only person in the UK who's recently submitted an application for a FS 176? Have I made a mistake in doing so, I wonder?

I had no idea the waiting time for FS vs. SS was so much longer. (The "priority table" makes no distinction, as far as I recall.)

Does anyone know what the current waiting time is likely to be? From what I've read, they seem to be speeding up the process a bit?

Cheers,

Simon

175 & FS 176 are in Priority 4 -see following link -

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Thanks for the link! I'm sure I read previously that a (family-) sponsored visa was supposed to be granted sooner than a non-sponsored one. Either there's conflicting information out there, or the rules are constantly changing. (Probably both!)

But this makes me wonder: What was the point of me getting my brother to fill out form 1277? It doesn't get me any points, and it doesn't get me faster processing!

On Monday 5-2-12 our agent uploaded our police checks and final documents and told us it may take another 3 months...........................:biggrin:

Got visa granted today :jiggy: Get in there 4 days:biglaugh:

superb. well done and best of luck on your future. :biggrin:

Hi All

Just wanted to share that we got our 176 Family sponsored Visa Today!! A great feeling after the wait. We applied on 27th May 2011 and were assigned a CO end of November who needed some more information. However due to being on holiday in December, I couldn't send the details till we returned in January 2012. Meds and Police check requests followed within weeks; we had our meds on 23rd Jan.

I have to say the agent we used were absolutely brilliant in providing information and always answering the tons of questions I had. I am not sure if I can list them here but if anyone is interested, please PM me.

All the best everyone!

Indeed, it has all gone quiet. The allocation dates are not moving, still on 23 May 2011 for our visa. There is a note to say that they have had a large volume of appications for May and June 2011, which would be the case, due to new rules and fees from July. There is also ofcourse the matter of slow moving vs fast moving processing teams. we have two people here, who applied within 3 days of each other, where one has had case officer early Dec, and the other is still waiting, hang in there!!

Congrats to everyone who has had theor grant, must feel like you have run a marathon when you get it! May I ask a question though to those that have PLEASE? Is your 'arrive in Aus by' date based on when you have had your medicals and police checks, i..e. is it EXACTLY a year from when you had either of those done first? Would appreciate some clarity on this, as we somehow got medicals done in August, and will prob only get visa in April/May, which doesnt give us much time really to sort jobs out etc!

Thanks, have a good week all!

Indeed, it has all gone quiet. The allocation dates are not moving, still on 23 May 2011 for our visa. There is a note to say that they have had a large volume of appications for May and June 2011, which would be the case, due to new rules and fees from July. There is also ofcourse the matter of slow moving vs fast moving processing teams. we have two people here, who applied within 3 days of each other, where one has had case officer early Dec, and the other is still waiting, hang in there!!

Congrats to everyone who has had theor grant, must feel like you have run a marathon when you get it! May I ask a question though to those that have PLEASE? Is your 'arrive in Aus by' date based on when you have had your medicals and police checks, i..e. is it EXACTLY a year from when you had either of those done first? Would appreciate some clarity on this, as we somehow got medicals done in August, and will prob only get visa in April/May, which doesnt give us much time really to sort jobs out etc!

Thanks, have a good week all!

Hi

we did our meds on 23rd jan and got our police checks on 3rd feb. Our meds were loaded on 29th jan and our visa says need to enter aus no later than 30th jan. hope this helps. Got visa 10 feb.

Hi

we did our meds on 23rd jan and got our police checks on 3rd feb. Our meds were loaded on 29th jan and our visa says need to enter aus no later than 30th jan. hope this helps. Got visa 10 feb.

Thanks jkk, that helps!

Meds finalised on the 31st of Aug for me and partner, but on the 16/8 for little one (no blood test results to wait for), so guess they will take the year from then, so 17/8 probably.

Well done on getting your visa, you have nearly a year to get ready to go, which is good.

Thanks jkk, that helps!

Meds finalised on the 31st of Aug for me and partner, but on the 16/8 for little one (no blood test results to wait for), so guess they will take the year from then, so 17/8 probably.

Well done on getting your visa, you have nearly a year to get ready to go, which is good.

Hi Thanks!

Dont think we going to take a year though - planning a sept move to beat the christmas dip in job hunting and actually with a young family just want to get out there and settle as soon as possible so the sooner the better.

Our application was submitted end of May 2011 and with a CO in end of Nov, took around 6months and a total of 8mths and 14 days (to be precise) but we decided not to preload our meds as our agent suggested things can go slow anytime.

But I wish everyone on here all the best - now the real hard work begins with packing and organising! :emoticon_doctor_sna

Guest Rakeshpatel

Congrats Tommyg , best luck for visa

Got a co this morning people. Everything met except meds and going for them on Friday. Ya beauty as they say in Scotland

Hello Everyone, I am confused about Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) relative sponsorship. I have my skills assessed from ACS as Systems Administrator - ANZSCO 262113 which is listed in SOL-2. My sister is a permanent resident of Australia from last 3 years. I want to know can she sponsor me for the 176 visa ? From the DIAC website it says as stated below. Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) A permanent visa for people unable to meet the Skilled – Independent requirements. Applicants must be either sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or nominated by a participating state or territory government. Applicants must pass a points test. But according to a migration agent this is no longer possible, I am confused, would really appreciate if someone has a view on this.

Hello Everyone, I am confused about Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) relative sponsorship. I have my skills assessed from ACS as Systems Administrator - ANZSCO 262113 which is listed in SOL-2. My sister is a permanent resident of Australia from last 3 years. I want to know can she sponsor me for the 176 visa ? From the DIAC website it says as stated below. Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) A permanent visa for people unable to meet the Skilled – Independent requirements. Applicants must be either sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or nominated by a participating state or territory government. Applicants must pass a points test. But according to a migration agent this is no longer possible, I am confused, would really appreciate if someone has a view on this.

I think "permanent resident" can sponsor his/her blood relations. you should read this link carefully

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/eligibility-state-terr-rel-spon-02.htm

Got a co this morning people. Everything met except meds and going for them on Friday. Ya beauty as they say in Scotland

Hi all,

Did you submit form 80 with your application? Its rather length so if they dont need it, I would prefer not to fill it in!!

Thanks