Family Sponsored 176- Where are you now?

jimithechew

Calling all family sponsored 176ers there are not many of us, and we are a dying breed, also we wont be seeing any more after July 1st (as being sponsored by a family member gives you no points,)

There are a lot of other threads i.e SS ones cat 2, 3 and monthly lodged gangs,

But really need to see how everyone one is doing in their family sponsore app, we lodged the other day and have uploaded all docs, my sister is just finishing off stuff her end, Looking to move over to Perth (Freo) after the Olympics next year and I would like to think it should be tied up by then, hopfully,

Would be good to hear how you are all doing in your timelines. It would also be good to hear those who have recently got their visas and how long it took them.

Cheers JTC

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Idea JTC to start this thread.

We lodged on March 9th 2011 and we are still waiting for our Visa although in a letter (email) received form DIAC we should be allocated a CO by June 18th.

The closer it gets to June 18th the more doubtful I get.

Living in hope

Mandy

Guest anthony1

Hi guys,

I am Oct 10 applicant from Colombia. Have not received any 18th March Email.

Everything's crossed for getting a CO in couple of months. Dont know ...

Will keep in touch,

Cheers.

Hi Everyone, I'm on a provisional 475 visa also Family sponsored (regional Victoria) by my sister. Unfortunately I have had a very long wait so far. I applied in December 2008 and with all the Priority processing, have been continually put to the back of the queue. Hopefully, as I am now stuck in CAT 4, I might get a CO soon as DIAC promised some 10,000 applications from Cat 4 to be looked at in date order. Fingers, Toes and all Crossed! I really miss my sister, as she is also my only remaining close relative. Have been to visit her twice in Oz now. Unfortunately it is not cheap to go over there and you also always need at least 3 weeks (not very popular with employers!) Hey Ho, Good Job I'm a positive person! Good Luck to all!

Guest JandLeen

We applied in feb 2011 and also received the march 18th mail so have sent our medicals and police checks. On the Gsm processing email it says they are up to june 2010 applicants and they seem to do 2 months applicants every fortnight. Moving quite quickly now i think!!

There are other 176ers who are getting CO's that are sept 2010 applicants. I think it depends on which team of CO's u get. Team 2 are the furthest!

Hope this helps :)

Guest guest38933

Hi all,

My stats

Trade skill certification 15th Dec 2009

We put our visa application in on 7th May 2010

AssiCase officer 18th April 2011

Medicals 1st June 2011

Police checks 2nd June 2011

All documents in and awaiting outcome :huh:

Anyone know how long now?

Guest Theresa

Hi there,

We lodged our 176 family sponsored visa in Feb 2011. Still awaiting CO?? Have been told by agent, we shouldn't expect to hear anything until August this year.:err:

Guest Jen257

Hi all! My hubby has applied for family sponsor 176 on 17/8/10. We got a CO on 6/6/11. All meds, police checks, ielts, skills assessment and family application forms inc all docs have been sent to diac. Just waiting for the final result. Yes or no? Ha ha it seems a lifetime since we started this journey (without an agent I might add), but we are hoping for a positive result very very soon.

Good luck to everyone else involved. We hope to move to Perth as all my extended family is there. Oh and it's beautiful.

Jen xx

Guest hellorajshahi
Hi all! My hubby has applied for family sponsor 176 on 17/8/10. We got a CO on 6/6/11. All meds, police checks, ielts, skills assessment and family application forms inc all docs have been sent to diac. Just waiting for the final result. Yes or no? Ha ha it seems a lifetime since we started this journey (without an agent I might add), but we are hoping for a positive result very very soon.

Good luck to everyone else involved. We hope to move to Perth as all my extended family is there. Oh and it's beautiful.

Jen xx

Wish you best of luck , Can u inform from which country u r ? Iz it LR or HR ?

Hi

i'm Accountnat 221111 - CPAA April 2009 - IELTS JAN 2010 - lodged visa Family sponsored 176 on 29-Aug-2010

haven't received march email - not yet allocated by CO

Hi , We lodged 11th October, got 18th March email - Still Waiting for CO

could you please share your time line , occupation

hi

We are family sponsored, but as my OH's occupation was removed from the SOL last year, we are Cat4, but luckly for us, his occupation (metal machinist) will be on the new SOL which is valid from 01 July 2011.........so we will be cat3 which pushes us up the queue, we submitted our application in December 2009, and as DIAC e mail states they are upto June2010 on the processing of CAT 3 I am hoping we will receive a CO very very soon....

hi

We are family sponsored, but as my OH's occupation was removed from the SOL last year, we are Cat4, but luckly for us, his occupation (metal machinist) will be on the new SOL which is valid from 01 July 2011.........so we will be cat3 which pushes us up the queue, we submitted our application in December 2009, and as DIAC e mail states they are upto June2010 on the processing of CAT 3 I am hoping we will receive a CO very very soon....

i hope that you will get CO very soon , in worest cases may be after 1 July 2010

Guest myboysjam

Hi, my husband is a joiner and his aunt is sponsoring us, we lodged in May 2010 and we were allocated our case officer in April, we have now had our medicals and police checks and just waiting.......I HATE having to wait. Best of luck :)

Hi, my husband is a joiner and his aunt is sponsoring us, we lodged in May 2010 and we were allocated our case officer in April, we have now had our medicals and police checks and just waiting.......I HATE having to wait. Best of luck :)

Hi

Joiners are few and far between, think your the first one I have come across on here! Where you heading? there are a lot more jobs east coast but were heading West, obviously there is less jobs, but that is where both our familys are, hopefully more jobs will crop up near the time!

Keep me posted with your progress! and good luck

Cheers JTC