dragonz

Confused! Non-migrating dependant with health condition

I'm totally lost here! I've included my parents as non-migrating dependants in my application, a confiramtion for which has been sought by my CO. I understand that my confiramtion will make them liable to undertake medicals & police checks.

My Mum's all clear, but my Dad's had a two heart attacks(most recent last year) for which he does take medication.

Will/Can this affect the overall Visa outcome? :confused:

Vetassess:Feb'09 IELTS: Mar'09 SA SS(176): Sep'10

Visa application: Oct'10 CO: May'11 MEDS & PCC: Oct'12 VISA Grant: 5th Feb 2013:jiggy:

It's possible but if they are being treated and need no major intervention you might be ok. Medical conditions dont mean a definite no, I have epilepsy and will need medication for life and I got my visa. But depending on their age etc their health/care needs might be deemed to be too expensive.

But you could just take them off your application as non migrating dependents.

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

Guest guest36187

I'm the Same. Epilepsy, well controlled. GoT my visa

Guest VickyMel

Are they actually dependent on you?

Could you potentially remove them as dependents? The medicals are required bbecause by saying they are dependent on you it implies that at some time in the future they may need to move to Australia.

Thank you all for you replies.

Yes they are dependent on me, not totally but still in a major way. But neither of them have any intention of ever joining us Down Under. I'm emotionally caught and would like for them to be able to visit down the road, but nothing more than that.

My Dad's 75, so the impact of this + his health condition is what I'm unsure about and how that might affect my Visa outcome altogether.

Visa application: Oct'10 CO: May'11 MEDS & PCC: Oct'12 VISA Grant: 5th Feb 2013:jiggy:

P.S. I've uploaded the requested docs today but haven't confirmed, as yet, like the CO has asked whether my parents are non-migrating dependants as per my initial indication.

Guest Unha99Y

I would remove them, they can always visit you on a holiday visa

I would remove them, they can always visit you on a holiday visa

Thought of that too, in fact that's the only other option but I don't want to end up making a costly decision in some way that's not very clear at this point in time.

If you dont include them now as non migrating dependents that does not mean you can not later sponsor them if you and they so wish once you are settled and if you all meet the requirements. Plenty of parents from the UK are not dependent on their child or named on their visa and later get sponsored by them.

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

If you dont include them now as non migrating dependents that does not mean you can not later sponsor them if you and they so wish once you are settled and if you all meet the requirements. Plenty of parents from the UK are not dependent on their child or named on their visa and later get sponsored by them.

That's is my sole concern, whether I'll be foregoing the opportunity to 'maybe' sponsor them in the future. I'm quite sure its not so rigid, we all are humans after all and live in uncertain times - the only thing that is constant is change.

My gut feeling, now, is to declare them independent. Thank you _shel for your invaluable insight. :wubclub: Much relieved that my mind's starting to make sense of things.:smile: