Moving to Mandurah?

littlem

Hi we are a family of 4, 2 girls 8 and 5 we are moving to Mandurah at the end of November and just wanted to start a thread to see who else is going? We are looking to settle in the Halls Head area.

Excited about the move but also very scared at the same time so would be great to find a few more families looking to do the same. Where we could chat and share info.

:biggrin:

Michelle

Hi we too are hoping to go to the same area, maybe Baldivis, Mandurah, Secret Harbour so many nice places to look at. We have just lodged and been told we can expect visa in around 6 months, it was a bit of a shock to say the least as initially told def would wait 2 years. There will be 3 of us hopefully, if I can talk youngest son into coming with us. Good to know of others going to same area, we have frinds there who love it, would never dream of coming home.

Hi, we're flighting out on Boxing Day. Not sure where exactly we're staying, aiming for Rockingham (got family there) or secret harbour but probably depends on availability of work for hubby. We are family of 3, 1 little girl aged 2 (very nearly 3!). Great thread :cute:

Hi Scarlett xmas will be different this year, a mixture of emotions no doubt. Good luck with your move. My oh is too a brickie so they may come across each other in the not too distant future.

Hey,

It really will be an odd Christmas but I'm hoping to start uni in perth in january so really wanted to get there a few weeks before to try and sort major things before the pressure of assignments!! I've read on a couple of threads/posts that bricklaying jobs are few and far between south of the river, I'm hoping it'll work itself out though- ever the optimist!

The visas are flying out at the moment, good luck :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi we are a family of 4, 2 girls 8 and 5 we are moving to Mandurah at the end of November and just wanted to start a thread to see who else is going? We are looking to settle in the Halls Head area.

Excited about the move but also very scared at the same time so would be great to find a few more families looking to do the same. Where we could chat and share info.

:biggrin:

Michelle

Hi Michelle

We too are looking at moving to Halls Head, there is 4 of us 1 boy(4) 1 girl (6)we have booked a valadation trip and flying out in the 25th November, still looking for a place to stay for our first week, would like to rent a house, so we can get a feel for living there (ie shopping etc). We are there for 3 weeks but moving to Busselton for our second week, then moving to swan valley for our last week. We have not sold our house yet, so booked holiday just in case not sold, (well not even up yet). Have you found somewhere to stay when you arrive. I am finding holiday homes very expensive, or they are for larger groups so to big for us really. Any tips on anywhere to stay.

Thanks

Donna :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

We are family of 5. OH is bricklayer, me legal sec, then boys aged 6, 13 and 16. Just got meds to go on 25th July then want to be out asap! Hoping to head Mandurah way as seems so nice and a lot bigger bang for your bucks! Jobs are a worry but we are happy to take anything that comes our way.

We should all keep eachother updated and swap tips. My OH is a bricklayer and when I visited Perth 2 yrs ago, found that they hardly ever advertise online. Check the local papers as they put ads in there.

xx

Hi Michelle

We too are looking at moving to Halls Head, there is 4 of us 1 boy(4) 1 girl (6)we have booked a valadation trip and flying out in the 25th November, still looking for a place to stay for our first week, would like to rent a house, so we can get a feel for living there (ie shopping etc). We are there for 3 weeks but moving to Busselton for our second week, then moving to swan valley for our last week. We have not sold our house yet, so booked holiday just in case not sold, (well not even up yet). Have you found somewhere to stay when you arrive. I am finding holiday homes very expensive, or they are for larger groups so to big for us really. Any tips on anywhere to stay.

Thanks

Donna :cool:

Hi Donna sorry must have missed this post. How are your plans going? Sold the house yet?

We are going to start looking for somewhere to rent in October and then try and tie it up so we can move in within a week of arriving. Our shippers are booked for the end of September aaah! Reality licking in.

What are your plans if the house goes will you stay in November ? Are you all excited we are but the youngest dosent want to go :( lots of tears.

Keep in touch

Michelle

Hi everyone,

We are family of 5. OH is bricklayer, me legal sec, then boys aged 6, 13 and 16. Just got meds to go on 25th July then want to be out asap! Hoping to head Mandurah way as seems so nice and a lot bigger bang for your bucks! Jobs are a worry but we are happy to take anything that comes our way.

We should all keep eachother updated and swap tips. My OH is a bricklayer and when I visited Perth 2 yrs ago, found that they hardly ever advertise online. Check the local papers as they put ads in there.

xx

Hi mizzmp

Good luck with the meds where are you having them done? We went to maidenhead they were really good

I know what you mean about work we are worrying about it too, feel happier once we get something set up.

Michelle

Hi all.....

I live in Halls Head so if any of you fancy a meet-up when you arrive or when you validate your visas pop me a PM. If any of you are looking for short term rentals try holiday lettings uk we found a furnished rental in Old Halls Head before we found a permanent rental house. Any questions feel free to PM me, best of luck x jo

Hi mizzmp

Good luck with the meds where are you having them done? We went to maidenhead they were really good

I know what you mean about work we are worrying about it too, feel happier once we get something set up.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Having the meds done at Bridge Clinic Berks. Dreading them as I have a plate in my hip from 12 yrs ago. I had a cyst in my hip but not cancer, just like an air bubble. No probs since so fingers crossed it wont affect anything. Nervous about the peeing in the cup tho! I cant go on demand.

xx:jiggy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest highbury

Hi All,

We are a family of four boy 10 and girl 5. My husband has just got confirmation of job offer and we are looking at moving to Mandurah area (brother in law in Halls Head and friends in Secret Harbour) Does anyone have any advice about primary schools which are good/bad???

Hi All,

We are a family of four boy 10 and girl 5. My husband has just got confirmation of job offer and we are looking at moving to Mandurah area (brother in law in Halls Head and friends in Secret Harbour) Does anyone have any advice about primary schools which are good/bad???

Hi congrats on the job offer. We have looked at both schools in halls head and they look good as far as I can tell.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Having the meds done at Bridge Clinic Berks. Dreading them as I have a plate in my hip from 12 yrs ago. I had a cyst in my hip but not cancer, just like an air bubble. No probs since so fingers crossed it wont affect anything. Nervous about the peeing in the cup tho! I cant go on demand.

xx:jiggy:

We found the bridge clinic great, I am sure you will be ok. Won't be long till that visa grant :)

Michelle

Guest highbury

Thanx Michelle

So you will be settled in by xmas. I hope we will be too if all goes to plan! Have you both got jobs sorted out or are you going to look when you arrive?

I'm Emma by the way xx

Thanks Michelle,

Meds went fine altho long day! They said about 10 days til they send results but at least we have now done everything. Just time to sit back and wait.

Do you know where you will be settling? Hoping we will be not far behind.

Chloe xx

Thanx Michelle

So you will be settled in by xmas. I hope we will be too if all goes to plan! Have you both got jobs sorted out or are you going to look when you arrive?

I'm Emma by the way xx

Hi Emma

We havent got jobs yet, John is going to start looking in October as its still quite a way off. I have made some contact and will follow up when i get there, although hope to get the kids settled into school first. Still very scary, we have the shippers coming in 9 weeks to collect our stuff and moving in with my Mum for 8 weeks till we fly. Still very excited though.

When are you planning on going

Michelle

Thanks Michelle,

Meds went fine altho long day! They said about 10 days til they send results but at least we have now done everything. Just time to sit back and wait.

Do you know where you will be settling? Hoping we will be not far behind.

Chloe xx

Hi Chloe

Halls head for us, basically liked the look of the schools and haven't heard anything really bad about the area so hopefully it will be s good choice. How far have you got with deciding where to live?

Michelle

Hi Donna sorry must have missed this post. How are your plans going? Sold the house yet?

We are going to start looking for somewhere to rent in October and then try and tie it up so we can move in within a week of arriving. Our shippers are booked for the end of September aaah! Reality licking in.

What are your plans if the house goes will you stay in November ? Are you all excited we are but the youngest dosent want to go :( lots of tears.

Keep in touch

Michelle

Hi Michelle

No change on house, still getting it ready for sale, had lots on and hubby has had lots of work, so had to work weekends, so no time to do house. Looks like we will be going on holiday and returning, all being well and house up in the next couple of months, it won't take forever to sell. You seem organised, do you think you will be settled for xmas. You will have to let me know how you get on with rentals, as we are going to Halls Head when we finally get there, I am going to contact the schools and ask can I take the kids in while we are there on holiday, so we can see what they are like.

Kids keep changing their minds, they want to go, then don't want to go they will miss their nan and cousins, so hopefully the holiday will turn them around.

Keep in touch.....

Donna :biggrin:

Hi Donna

Sounds hectic for you, be good once you sell the house and can make permanent plans. Good idea for the schools I am sure they would show you around. You may have moved on from mandurah by the time we get there if not maybe we could try and meet up.

Michelle

Hi Michelle

No change on house, still getting it ready for sale, had lots on and hubby has had lots of work, so had to work weekends, so no time to do house. Looks like we will be going on holiday and returning, all being well and house up in the next couple of months, it won't take forever to sell. You seem organised, do you think you will be settled for xmas. You will have to let me know how you get on with rentals, as we are going to Halls Head when we finally get there, I am going to contact the schools and ask can I take the kids in while we are there on holiday, so we can see what they are like.

Kids keep changing their minds, they want to go, then don't want to go they will miss their nan and cousins, so hopefully the holiday will turn them around.

Keep in touch.....

Donna :biggrin:

Hi Michelle

I can't wait to book our one way tickets, but at least the holiday will be good for us to check things out, I think we leave Mandurah on the 2nd, so you will be just landing to start your new life. It will be hectic for you when you arrive, so will defo keep in touch for when we make our perm move, as it will be your house for the first barbie. haha :biglaugh:

Keep in touch

DOnna :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Michelle, we are a family of 4, we have two girls age 7 and 5, we returned from Perth on saturday after an orientation visit. After looking at suburbs nearer Perth we decided to head south, we loved Mandurah and secret harbour, we are hoping to move end decemebr or early jan. I think we will be heading to secret harbour as its sightly nearer to Perth for my hubby, although he will be covering the whole of australia with his job. I am nervous about the move...but also very excited as know there are lots of people making the move, good luck Nic x

Hi my partner has just been offered a sponsorship for a job in Mandurah so just starting the visa application, looking at meadow springs or greenhills initially, does anyone know what these area's are like?

Mandurah looks amazing so much to do and very family friendly we dont have kids yet but looks a good place to bring them up.

Good luck everyone!

Hi Michelle

I can't wait to book our one way tickets, but at least the holiday will be good for us to check things out, I think we leave Mandurah on the 2nd, so you will be just landing to start your new life. It will be hectic for you when you arrive, so will defo keep in touch for when we make our perm move, as it will be your house for the first barbie. haha :biglaugh:

Keep in touch

DOnna :wink:

HI Donna

Barbie sounds like a great plan, I hope you have a fab trip, think of us on the 2nd as thats the day we land so exciting!

We have the shippers coming in just over 5 weeks so much to do :wacko::wacko:

Michelle

Hi Michelle, we are a family of 4, we have two girls age 7 and 5, we returned from Perth on saturday after an orientation visit. After looking at suburbs nearer Perth we decided to head south, we loved Mandurah and secret harbour, we are hoping to move end decemebr or early jan. I think we will be heading to secret harbour as its sightly nearer to Perth for my hubby, although he will be covering the whole of australia with his job. I am nervous about the move...but also very excited as know there are lots of people making the move, good luck Nic x

Hi Nic

Very exciting for you, its all lovely around that area i am very excited. Glad you had a good trip its nice to get a feel for it in your head so you can plan better. It is scary though we have had so many wobbles about doing the right thing, what do your girls think about going?

Michelle