176 Visa which part takes the longest?

Hi everyone,

We sent off our skills assesment on 30/04/11 and received them back within a week. We then sent off the WA SS last week and received it back today saying we have been succesful. Does anybody know how long the main visa takes to come back as I think we have been VERY lucky so far!! We are still in shock that it has been approved so quickly.

Also, we stated that we would be taking $80,000 with us which was based on the sale of our house, however, we were planning to keep the money in this country until the exchange rate is better, our SS acceptance letter stated that we have to transfer the $80,000 to cover our living expenses.........are they going to check this and kick us out if we don't transfer it?

Look forward to hearing your replies : )

Thanks

Guest LB2011
Hi everyone,

We sent off our skills assesment on 30/04/11 and received them back within a week. We then sent off the WA SS last week and received it back today saying we have been succesful. Does anybody know how long the main visa takes to come back as I think we have been VERY lucky so far!! We are still in shock that it has been approved so quickly.

Also, we stated that we would be taking $80,000 with us which was based on the sale of our house, however, we were planning to keep the money in this country until the exchange rate is better, our SS acceptance letter stated that we have to transfer the $80,000 to cover our living expenses.........are they going to check this and kick us out if we don't transfer it?

Thanks

At the moment it looks like its taking 3 to 4 weeks from lodging the 176 to getting a case officer. From there the answer is probably how long is a piece of string lol. You will be asked for your medicals, police checks and any other info they need so will depend on how long it takes to do get them done and the case officer to then grant the visa.

With regards to the funds, I have heard that WA dont check to see if you have taken the money stated but some of the other states do.

Laura

Guest LB2011
Hi everyone,

Thanks

At the moment it looks like its taking 3 to 4 weeks from lodging the 176 to getting a case officer. From there the answer is probably how long is a piece of string lol. You will be asked for your medicals, police checks and any other info they need so will depend on how long it takes to do get them done and the case officer to then grant the visa.

With regards to the funds, I have heard that WA dont check to see if you have taken the money stated but some of the other states do.

Laura

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Hi our agent told us should have a visa in 6 months, initially told us 2 years. That came as a bit of a shock, thought we would have 2 years of savings to take with us, so now having a massive clean out. Hope it all runs smoothly for you.

Guest morris75

how do u go about getting police :policeman: checks?????:unsure:

Timeline: Mechanical Services Plumer - TRA Applied 24/03/2011 TRA Passed 18/04/2011 - WA SS Applied 03/05/2011 - WA SS Approved 20/05/2011 - 176 Visa Lodged 27/05/2011 - Awaiting Case Officer:jiggy:

Thanks for the reply guys! I guess the next stage is the one that takes the time then! We are going to submit today so we will see when we hear anything! We aren't using an agent, we decided to do it ourself so won't have any guidelines on times but the sooner the better I say :-D

Good luck everyone !! X

Guest NeilEB
how do u go about getting police :policeman: checks?????:unsure:

Timeline: Mechanical Services Plumer - TRA Applied 24/03/2011 TRA Passed 18/04/2011 - WA SS Applied 03/05/2011 - WA SS Approved 20/05/2011 - 176 Visa Lodged 27/05/2011 - Awaiting Case Officer:jiggy:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx