Guest Gothic Rose

What on earth were they thinking???

Guest Gothic Rose

What on earth were they thinking??? :v_SPIN:

Quotes people really wished they hadn't uttered.....

Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.

-- Mariah Carey

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.

-- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana...The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two, but can't remember what they are.

--Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show, August 22

I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law.

-- David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes.

Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

-- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.

-- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

-- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history...this century's history...We all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

-- Dan Quayle, then Indiana senator and Republican vice-presidential candidate during a news conference in which he was asked his opinion of the Holocaust

The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It's only the people who make them unsafe.

-- Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia

After finding no qualified candidates for the position of principal, the school board is extremely pleased to announce the appointment of David Steele to the post.

-- Philip Streifer, Superintendent of Schools, Barrington, Rhode Island

just a few blonde moments there:rolleyes:..

Former Resident visa (subclass 151) granted in 1999 - Living back in Perth...

Terri :smile:

Guest guest37336
What on earth were they thinking??? :v_SPIN:

Quotes people really wished they hadn't uttered.....

Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.

-- Mariah Carey

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.

-- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana...The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two, but can't remember what they are.

--Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show, August 22

I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law.

-- David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes.

Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

-- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.

-- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

-- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history...this century's history...We all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

-- Dan Quayle, then Indiana senator and Republican vice-presidential candidate during a news conference in which he was asked his opinion of the Holocaust

The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It's only the people who make them unsafe.

-- Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia

After finding no qualified candidates for the position of principal, the school board is extremely pleased to announce the appointment of David Steele to the post.

-- Philip Streifer, Superintendent of Schools, Barrington, Rhode Island

I remember that quote by the lovely (see, self absorbed, egotistical, special, NOT) Maria Gothic, still got the bruise on my foot from kicking the TV to death,:mad:.

How about this one matey,:biglaugh::biglaugh:.

[YOUTUBE]GiPe1OiKQuk[/YOUTUBE]

I had heard that Mariah Carey hadn't actually said that - and that there are in fact many quotes reportedly of hers which are made up. Try and google it.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Guest Gothic Rose

Here are some from George w Bush...He could have his own thread of incredibe quotes actually....:v_SPIN::spinny:

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right"

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas."

"Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."

Rugby Geniuses

Jono Gibbs, Chiefs

"Nobody in Rugby should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

Rodney So'ialo, Hurricanes, on University

"I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes."

Colin Cooper, Hurricanes head coach

"You guys line up alphabetically by height." And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle."

Chris Masoe (Hurricanes) on whether he had visited the Pyramids during his visit to Egypt .

"I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."

Colin Cooper on Paul Tito

"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is."

Kevin Senio ( Auckland ), on Night Rugby vs Day Games

"It's basically the same, just darker."

David Nucifora ( Auckland ) talking about Troy Flavell

"I told him, 'Son, what is it with you... Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'David, I don't know and I don't care.'

David Holwell (Hurricanes) when asked about the upcoming season:

"I want to reach for 150 or 200 points this season, whichever comes first."

Ma'a Nonu

"Colin has done a bit of mental arithmetic with a calculator."

Phil Waugh

"We actually got the winning try three minutes from the end but then they scored."

Jerry Collins

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."

Tony Brown

"That kick was absolutely unique, except for the one before it which was identical."

Tana Umaga

"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

Doc Mayhew

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in rugby, but none of them serious."

Anton Oliver

"If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

Ewan McKenzie

"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat."

Murray Mexted

(1) "Andy Ellis the 21 year old, who turned 22 a few weeks ago"

(2) "He scored that try after only 22 seconds - totally against the run of play."

(3) "I would not say he (Rico Gear) is the best left winger in the Super14, but there are none better."

(4) "Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw."

(5) "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer."

The best

Murray Deaker:

"Have you ever thought of writing your autobiography?"

Tana Umaga:

"On what?"

Rob , Dawn & Anna. Rob arrived in Perth Dec 10 (457 visa), Dawn and Anna arrived 9th Mar 11. Bring it On! :jiggy:Vetassess pass Aug 10. IELTS pass Nov 10. WA SS Applied 20/12/10, Approved 17/01/11, 176 app 22/01/11, CO 15/02/11, Meds 15/03, visa approved 21/03/11