You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest natnat84

Woohoo!! Citizenship by descent granted today!!!

Guest natnat84

Oh my god!!! Im so happy!! Got a call today from immigration to say that my cirtizenship application has been finalised and its in the post!! cannot actually believe that i will be going! Got the biggest smile on my face today! Now its all about booking the flights and finding a bleeding job!!:smile:

Guest rupani
Oh my god!!! Im so happy!! Got a call today from immigration to say that my cirtizenship application has been finalised and its in the post!! cannot actually believe that i will be going! Got the biggest smile on my face today! Now its all about booking the flights and finding a bleeding job!!:smile:

Huge Cingratulations.

You meant migration application, right?

regards

Guest Drantis

I am hopefully... (Fingers Crossed) going to be getting a job in Melbourne any day and as such will be moving over on a 121 Visa. Discussing this with the family and my mum and dad have decided that they wanted to go too however the waiting list is huge for them and the other option too costley. We then decided to look into the fact my fathers mother was Australian and would you adam and eve it....there is a strong chance he can get Australian Citizenship :)

Now a question...with my mum being married to my dad what would she have to do to move over ??

D>

I am hopefully... (Fingers Crossed) going to be getting a job in Melbourne any day and as such will be moving over on a 121 Visa. Discussing this with the family and my mum and dad have decided that they wanted to go too however the waiting list is huge for them and the other option too costley. We then decided to look into the fact my fathers mother was Australian and would you adam and eve it....there is a strong chance he can get Australian Citizenship :)

Now a question...with my mum being married to my dad what would she have to do to move over ??

D>

Your dad needs to sponsor your mum for a spouse visa if and when he is granted citizenship http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/how_to_apply/descent/

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/309-100/

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

Guest natnat84

No i meant my citizenship by descent application!! My mum was born over in Aus so i could apply for citizenship through her. It only took a couple of months and it probably wouldnt have taken so long as it was my fault it was delayed. And yes, Shel is right, your mum could apply for a spouse visa once your dad has his citizenship. Its well worth looking into!! Good Luck!