sadsmile23

Can anyone help me with Oz tax self-assessment?

Hi

Hoping to do our own tax return this year, to save us some money as we are short of cash right now, am quite confident in most of it but just have a couple of queries. Should be pretty straight-forward for someone in the know - is there anyone out there that I could PM with my questions please?

Thanks!

TRA /02/2008 TRA passed 14/03/2008

Visa 18/03/2008 PCC 24/04/08 Meds 7/7/08 Meds finalised 30/7/08. VISAS 25 AUGUST 2008 FLY OUT 10/11/08!!!!!

just bumping myself back up!

Visa 18/03/2008 PCC 24/04/08 Meds 7/7/08 Meds finalised 30/7/08. VISAS 25 AUGUST 2008 FLY OUT 10/11/08!!!!!

Don't worry about the PM.

What is your question ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

Don't worry about the PM.

What is your question ?

OH has work ute with finance on it - know I can claim something on tax return for this vehicle, just not sure how much - is it a % figure for depreciation? Am I right in thinking I can claim the interest on the finance payments? If so, how is that calculated?

Thanks!

You should get a copy of 'tax pack' from the newsagent after June 30th.

This is very comprehensive and will guide you though the whole tax return.

You should be able to claim interest on the loan for a work vehicle as a tax deduction.

Not sure about depreciation, but I presume so.

If you don't want to go to a tax agent or accountant, get the tax pack.

I want it all, and I want it now.

I would just go to a tax advisor as his/her fee is tax deductible (no brainer really) I fell in the same trap with my first year, thought it was oh so simple. It turned out I hadn't tick a box somewhere and it took 6 months before I got my tax back!!

i would just go to a tax advisor as his/her fee is tax deductible (no brainer really) i fell in the same trap with my first year, thought it was oh so simple. It turned out i hadn't tick a box somewhere and it took 6 months before i got my tax back!!

this ^^^^^^