Where are you moving back to and do you have a job ready

Guest Unha99Y

Guest Unha99Y

Hi guys

Just interested to hear from people moving back to the UK and to what part of the country and job situation.

We are moving back to Buckinghamshire where we migrated from. I have found it surprisingly easy to find IT related work and so has my wife in the health service

Thanks in advance

I would suggest to any nurses coming over to Aus to look at their local policies and consider taking a career break. You'll need to read the small print but it's normally something like - the same job after a year, same grade after 2 until the end when it's 'as job' after about 5 years. It can give people peace of mind that should Aus not be for them there is a little bit of security back in the uk

Edit to add - this may save you the hassel of having to look for another job if you're returning.

Hi guys

Just interested to hear from people moving back to the UK and to what part of the country and job situation.

We are moving back to Buckinghamshire where we migrated from. I have found it surprisingly easy to find IT related work and so has my wife in the health service

Thanks in advance

We moved back recently and I gained employment with the first job that I thought I would be suited to (Medical Secretary). I love the job and am earning more and have a good pension with them too. Husband has only just returned and he to has found a job and earning more than he was in Brisbane and doesn't have the long trek to work like he did in Oz (Management Accountant). So for us things on the job front have turned out really well. Must say it is a mighty relief though.

We live in South Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire borders and where we are there seems to be a fair amount of jobs about. I'm sure though this depends on what area of work you are in though.

The very best for you move. We are having a decent run on the weather at the moment.

Guest Scotinaus

We are likely moving back to London and have decided not to retun until OH secures a good job offer. I will look too but he is the main breadwinner and we want to think about a family soon so it's more important he gets one... We just don't want to risk even a few months of no work as it would eat into the money we bring over from the sale of our house...

Glad it all worked out well for you!