Can I land in a different state?

Guest tarchik

Guest tarchik

Hello everyone

I have a situation which I hope PIO members can help me with. I have applied for a 176 with WA sponsorship. I am aware that when the visa is grantef I have a moral obligation to live in WA for 2 years.

Now here is my situation: I have a friend who lives in Adelaide who has extended an invitation to me to land in Adelaide instead of Perth. I am not saying that I do not wish to go to Perth, far from it. I just need to know if it is allowed to land in a state different from the sponsoring state. I would arrive at my friend's place and stay for a month or two before flying off to Perth. Is it allowed to do that or I have to strictly land in WA and stay there for all the two years?

Thank you for reading

Guest siamsusie

Hi

You may land in whichever state you wish!

All apart from Tasmania, which does not have an International Airport.!

Enjoy your flights.

Susie x

Guest tarchik

Thank you Susie. I understand what you saying about landing. One more question though, what is the maximum time that I can stay outside the sponsoring state. Would it be considered too long if I stay in Adelaide for 2 or 3 months before moving on to Perth

Guest siamsusie

No, not at all. I believe it is courtesy to inform your sponsoring state of your plans which is fair enough.

So maybe drop a line to your Case officer to inform her/him of your plans and you should be fine.

Susie x

Guest guest37336
Thank you Susie. I understand what you saying about landing. One more question though, what is the maximum time that I can stay outside the sponsoring state. Would it be considered too long if I stay in Adelaide for 2 or 3 months before moving on to Perth

Hi Tarchik.

Might also be worth considering (if finances allow) and with the time frame you have mentioned travellng around a bit, seeing as much as you can of Australia, it may give you a better idea where your 'future' lives could be.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest tarchik
Hi Tarchik.

Might also be worth considering (if finances allow) and with the time frame you have mentioned travellng around a bit, seeing as much as you can of Australia, it may give you a better idea where your 'future' lives could be.

Thanks Tony, I'll definitely consider your advice.

Guest guest37336
Thanks Tony, I'll definitely consider your advice.

Hi Tarchik.

No problem, I only say so because I have NO idea about fulfilling visa requirements, except as you say the initial two years in WA, but hey, the world is your oyster after this, (well at least Australia,:yes:)

Who knows, you may love WA, many do, but if as I say finances and time allow grab the country by the throat and shake it till you find your own little piece of OZ that you may in the future call 'home'.

It's such a vast place that it will take a lifetime to see, but at least this way you may get 'snapshots' of different areas etc.

I wholly realise that many migrants are often left with little choice but to remain where they may first rock up, money, schooling, careers, all take their toll, but if at all possible have a look around matey, could pay huge dividends in the end my friend.