New SOL releases - Effective From 1 July 2011

reza

Hi everyone,

Glad to see my occupation (pharmacist) is on the new list. I have a few questions and hopefully you guys will be able to answer them.

1)I'm on a bridging visa to a 485 at the moment which was applied in aug 2010. Can I apply for an 885 visa now? Or do I have to wait for my 485 to be approved cuz it seems a not ridiculous to be waiting for the 485. I'm stuck in category 3 and they are only looking at nov 2009 applications at the moment!!!

2)with professional year and work experience, would my training as an intern (paid) in Australia be counted and work experience?

3) not sure how bridging visas but I would like to go for a holiday sometime soon. Do I have tell dimia where I'm going? Prove of air ticket to my home country etc? Will it be ok if I am not going back to my home country?

We both are in the same boat. The problem with our case is we must apply for 885 before the 1st July otherwise we will end up with the new point system.

I have a question though.

Would I be able to apply for 885 without an IELTS result? The pathway to 885 through new point system seems bit difficult to me. Thanks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ebanster

does anyone have inside information on what will happen on those who have lodged 176 application already and only awaiting additional documents to be sent, where unfortunately the last document required would reach australia only by 1st week of july? will they suspend those pending application as well?

Hello there

Does anyone know what the processing times may be now that Fitter is back on the SOL? Been waiting since June 09 and had all but lost hope!!!

We are in same boat as you and out time line are very similar. Fingers crossed we might see some movement soon.

Fingers crossed!!!

LOL, we live in hope. Where are you looking to go what sort of fitting do you do I'm a maintenance fitter in a FMCG factory makin cookies, I want to stay in manufacturing in Aus hopefully. I'm looking round Brisbane area unless something special pops up elsewhere.

LOL, we live in hope. Where are you looking to go what sort of fitting do you do I'm a maintenance fitter in a FMCG factory makin cookies, I want to stay in manufacturing in Aus hopefully. I'm looking round Brisbane area unless something special pops up elsewhere.

My OH is Fitter as well we are Nov 08 I so hope we all hear something soon!!!

My OH is a maintenance fitter too and he currently works on printing presses that make food packaging. We were thinking of going to Adelaide but like you it depends on what's on offer!! We have gone through an agent for our visa but we haven't heard anything for ages so I've just emailed them to see what's going on, what about you?

My OH is a maintenance fitter too and he currently works on printing presses that make food packaging. We were thinking of going to Adelaide but like you it depends on what's on offer!! We have gone through an agent for our visa but we haven't heard anything for ages so I've just emailed them to see what's going on, what about you?

We have used an agent and like you heard nothing for ages, only reason I know what is happening cos another agent that I had filled a questionnaire thing sent my an email saying if still interested contact them as the July changes affected me. Lol more than my agent did when I phoned my agent he said he was busy lodging other before the 1st he would look in to things once that was over. Bloody cheek, but I understand.

Guest ciaran

im a bit lost and was wondering if anyone can help...

i recently graduated as a Architect

(i also am a qualified carpenter and AutoCAD Technician)

I am hoping to move to either S.A. or W.A.

I got in touch with a migration expert who hasn't contacted me in ages

i am single and was wondering what visa to apply for

had a working holiday visa before

what does the state sponsorship entail

any and all help would be great im a tad lost

ohh was told of a professional development visa, anyone heard of it?

actually my job title is telecom technician. I want to ask that am I eleigible to sumbit under post of radiocommunication technician as my job responsiblities are almsot 95% same. please reply

Hey james, can you explain to me how that works? do we need to find a employer first. sorry for all the questions but all this migration stuff has frazzled my brain lol

You can apply to the state for them to sponsor you if its on their SMP giving you a higher priority.

Thank you! Do you think it the northern territory have put plant operator on their list the rest of the states will follow eventually?? i spoke to a few people at the leeds expo and they said theres plenty of work for us but theyre just trying to get the rules changed to allow us in

Thank you! Do you think it the northern territory have put plant operator on their list the rest of the states will follow eventually?? i spoke to a few people at the leeds expo and they said theres plenty of work for us but theyre just trying to get the rules changed to allow us in

You need to look at Northern territory to see if your occupation is on the list if not you could try get an employer to sponsor you.

hi my trade is toolmaker and can anyone tell me whether I am eligible for starting my TRA process?

I have 5 years of experience

I think my husband had to have at least 4 years when he applied for TRA as a Fitter I am not sure if anything has changed since, can you contact TRA on this and put the question to them.

i've been trying to get a sponsor for my partner for months, still no luck

Yeah its not easy I asked my agent to look into this for us but didn't come up with anything but my oh occupation got put back on the SOL so we she hear something soon after waiting nearly 3 years, maybe speak to an agent see if they can advise you.

Tania

Guest JamesP

Scottish Stacey,

i think the way it would apply would be through the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme. The job doesn't have to be on the national SOL, as long as:

you have a regional employer sponsor or

a regional state sponsor AND

the area you move to is classed as regional Australia.

In ym case, The entire state of NT is classed as regional, so i only need a State or Employer Sponsor. Something i am trying to sort now, as i am in the country on a WHV.

Also, on the jobs front. Whist travelling round Oz, i have noticed a steady increase in Plant Op jobs being advertised, particularly in the mining and contracting sectors. Excavator ops are like gold dust out here. They've got the machines, but not the men to drive them. Also plenty of other machinery job types advertised. Just be aware exactly what quals and tickets you need to gain work depends entirely on the State and Companies preferences, as it varies greatly. Read the advertised job posting carefully.

Most work looks like being in WA, NT and SA, as there is a lot of exploration going on. Farmland and Outback areas in particular are being searched for more minerals. This country is an absolute abundance of materials with Opal, Gold, Coal,Copper and Uranium being just a short sample of materials mined here.

Hope this helps. If you need any more info, give me a shout. I'll keep you upto date with developments with my situation. :D

James

i am so confused by these lists? is air traffic controller on any of them??

If not is it likely to come back on...if it even was there before?

Cheers

If you check the first post in this thread you will be able to click on a link to the new SOL that was updated on 1st July.

There is always a chance they can take it off but they only seem to change it once a year so if its on you can apply on the strength that it is currently on. My husbands occupation was on when we applied in 2009 but then they took it off, but now it is back on again!

I hope this helps you

JamesP

I have checked out NT, as my OH's an operator. The occupation appears on theyre 'jobs in demand 2011' list, but its not on the official SMP???? Am i reading this right or perhaps you operate different plant??

Scottish Stacey,

i think the way it would apply would be through the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme. The job doesn't have to be on the national SOL, as long as:

you have a regional employer sponsor or

a regional state sponsor AND

the area you move to is classed as regional Australia.

In ym case, The entire state of NT is classed as regional, so i only need a State or Employer Sponsor. Something i am trying to sort now, as i am in the country on a WHV.

Also, on the jobs front. Whist travelling round Oz, i have noticed a steady increase in Plant Op jobs being advertised, particularly in the mining and contracting sectors. Excavator ops are like gold dust out here. They've got the machines, but not the men to drive them. Also plenty of other machinery job types advertised. Just be aware exactly what quals and tickets you need to gain work depends entirely on the State and Companies preferences, as it varies greatly. Read the advertised job posting carefully.

Most work looks like being in WA, NT and SA, as there is a lot of exploration going on. Farmland and Outback areas in particular are being searched for more minerals. This country is an absolute abundance of materials with Opal, Gold, Coal,Copper and Uranium being just a short sample of materials mined here.

Hope this helps. If you need any more info, give me a shout. I'll keep you upto date with developments with my situation. :D

James