whichway

I want to go to a pub

Ok, I am posting again because I am getting a bit homesick once again.

To some it will sound trivial but I really want to go to a pub.

I want to walk there and have a few drinks, maybe a band or a quiz, maybe a dance, walk home maybe a 15 minute walk, anything up to half an hour would do.

I said to the Mr I'd even go myself if there was one near (I have a friend now and she is THE BEST I would love to go with her but she lives far away and has comitments and we are going out in a few weeks, it will be the first time in about 4 years for me).

Anyway, I know it's a small thing but in a way it encompasses all that I miss. I want to live somewhere that has a community feel about it, where you know your neighbours (not too close but enough that they would spit on you if you were on fire). I want to be able to pop round to someone's house. I want to meet someone in the street or supermarket and have a chat about how long it's been since I saw them, what have they been up to. Things are starting to really look up for me now in terms of being here but every now and then this stuff creeps up and I get sad. I am so grateful though that I have finally met a friend:biggrin:

I have such small dreams, I have a career and a family and now my dreams are so small but so important.

I am just getting this out of my head for perhaps some relief. Any thoughts on the matter would be good.

lets go down the boozer ...lets go down the boozer.. ta dar da dah.... ta dar da dah

......lets go down the boozer

I get pommy radio on my Iphone, LBC, BBC GLR, all the night time shows. Its nice to hear the news and weather and traffic reports from the M25.

Dead right.We are looking everywhere for a house that ticks all the boxes now here in OZ.But the biggest box that must be ticked for me is a nearby Pub,that i can walk to.Not an easy task when all the other boxes need to be ticked as well!!!!What's life without a boozer to unwind in?:yes::wink:

Dead right.We are looking everywhere for a house that ticks all the boxes now here in OZ.But the biggest box that must be ticked for me is a nearby Pub,that i can walk to.Not an easy task when all the other boxes need to be ticked as well!!!!What's life without a boozer to unwind in?:yes::wink:

Yay!!! Exactly I WANT TO GO TO A PUB, SING IT EVERYBODY!!!

try roselle, balmain theres pubs around every corner

We are talking pub........ and not an imitation Weatherspoon:cute:

Barstaff not wearing a uniform, drink outside and not behind rope barrier, less of the over stated security that is outside the local(ok if its nightclub, late night boozer).

A pint of lager that is not minus 0 with no head...please.

This is Australia. Not England.

I want it all, and I want it now.

This is Australia. Not England.

I think you've missed the point. They are talking about what they miss.

lets go down the boozer ...lets go down the boozer.. ta dar da dah.... ta dar da dah

......lets go down the boozer

I get pommy radio on my Iphone, LBC, BBC GLR, all the night time shows. Its nice to hear the news and weather and traffic reports from the M25.

do you know if there are any other ways to get UK radio without having to listen online?

cheers.