Its Cold today

Petals

Its cold here today 10.5 outside. Guess we will be getting plenty of snow this week up on the mountains. Ready for the long weekend. Start of the Ski season.

I am feeling it this year as we were in most of last winter and we had lovely weather so jumpers, fire and central heating getting a work out.

Guest siamsusie

We have just got the snow chains out for Mount Rowland ..

skis at the ready.. down here my spring bulbs are peeking through though

Was lovely and sunny though Petals, out in the car today was great driving around - finally spent a few hours in Ikea (and lashed out buying a new toilet brush, LOL). My house is for sale, and the amount of autumn leaves we had to blow out of the front garden was incredible, my magnolia tree is dropping leaves everywhere. I wasn't born to be a gardener:laugh:As well as that, my split system has broken down today, so a bit cool in the house, luckily number one son is a refrig/heating mechanic, so he's coming to my rescue today.:jiggy:

Was lovely and sunny though Petals, out in the car today was great driving around - finally spent a few hours in Ikea (and lashed out buying a new toilet brush, LOL). My house is for sale, and the amount of autumn leaves we had to blow out of the front garden was incredible, my magnolia tree is dropping leaves everywhere. I wasn't born to be a gardener:laugh:As well as that, my split system has broken down today, so a bit cool in the house, luckily number one son is a refrig/heating mechanic, so he's coming to my rescue today.:jiggy:
''

We had 15 mm rain over night and this morning. All our leaves got blown away yesterday it was very windy here. Just need the grader to grade our road, could lose a car in the holes :spinny:

Its cold here today 10.5 outside. Guess we will be getting plenty of snow this week up on the mountains. Ready for the long weekend. Start of the Ski season.

I am feeling it this year as we were in most of last winter and we had lovely weather so jumpers, fire and central heating getting a work out.

Just defrosted the drinks 'fridge...:laugh:

18C last night.

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Guest31881
Just defrosted the drinks 'fridge...:laugh:

18C last night.

Cheers, Bobj.

That's a bit rough Bob, How you coping with it dropping below 20 mate....:wink:

It was around 4c here last night should be around 18c today, but they are forecasting 6c as daytime temp for end of week.

Guest The Pom Queen

Have to agree with BobJ it's getting quite chilly up in cairns, had to put a doona back on the bed. It's around 30 during the day though so still warm but it's great because there is no humidity, I love the weather up here. Although we haven't had any rain for over a month so could do with a little shower

Yes, cold here in Sydney. Beautiful though, clear blue sky with just a couple of wispy clouds and that winter sunshine that seems to have a different colour to the sunshine at the rest of the year (if you know what I mean).

Just wish I had realised that we had no kindling, so I could have gone and got some. Got to wait until hubby comes home until I can light the fire.

Guest juliemtaylor
Have to agree with BobJ it's getting quite chilly up in cairns, had to put a doona back on the bed. It's around 30 during the day though so still warm but it's great because there is no humidity, I love the weather up here. Although we haven't had any rain for over a month so could do with a little shower

Kate I will see what I can do to send you some of our rain.. I would really like to have a 'normal' year here as it is feeling more like England everyday!!

Julie x

very heavy hail & rain all afternoon & evening.

We froze our butts off at footy training tonight. I guestimate about 4-5 degrees max.

Was up in the Alpine ranges camping this weekend and we got down to about -3/-4 saturday night.

Guest siamsusie
very heavy hail & rain all afternoon & evening.

We froze our butts off at footy training tonight. I guestimate about 4-5 degrees max.

Was up in the Alpine ranges camping this weekend and we got down to about -3/-4 saturday night.

Come on Furkew a good pot of Erwtensoep, a botlte of Jenever, 4-5 is nothing compared to the north sea winds of Holland!:tongue:

Cold in Canberra too - yesterday was buttoned up padded jacket weather. I know last night was cold because DH got up in the middle of the night to stoke the wood stove AND put a blanket on his side of the bed (I already have a couple!!!)

even though we are dubbed whinging poms by the australians, if I had a penny for every time an australian at work had whinged about how cold it was, or worn a scarf indoors at work, i would have earned 19p, just in the last two days.

Guest Guest31881
It's cold here today 28.4 my weather station says, a little overcast, no air con today.

Shut up, I hate people who boast, aghhhhhhh :wink: