Pickfords?

Guest brettsarah

I would like to know too just about to choose which company to go with. They are the only ones that have kept in contact with us to see how our move is going as we are on the brink of selling our house also had a letter from pickfords in aus too. They came in with a good quote cheaper than some others which I was surprised at.

Guest welshspark

We had a few companies come out we found pickfords to be the most helpful gave us the most info they were a bit more expensive than 1 or 2 others, but they did then match the price so we have booked with them

Hi, thanks for this thread. We had Doree Bonnar, John Mason and Pickfords out. Pickfords came in most expensive but like somebody else said, Pickfords have gone out of their way to stay in touch whilst we waited for our visa. The guy was very honest on the phone and said he wanted our business so was willing to drop price to lower than other two quotes. I'll be interested to see what other people say about them, I'd ruled Pickfords out until he mentionned beating the other quotes- but money's not everything so I'm still deciding..........

We used them about a month ago, we've still to retrive our things but as far as the packers went they were brill.

The original guy who came round knew his stuff and really inspired confidence, he estimated the amount of room we needed just about down to the last box.

The packers were quick, very pleasent, and did a really good job and in super fast time.

They beat the other quotes that we had in ( £4,500 ), which may seem a lot but we're going to Tassie which makes it more expensive.

So, so far I could reccomend them with no problems, but saying that I havn't picked them up from the other end yet.

Chris x

Hi Guys, I am shipping my BMW X5 3.0 D over to Victoria. I have been told that the resale value is lot less for imported vehicles. The car has done about 60,000 kms. It is a 07 registration car. I have got the 'import permit'.

Although I will be using the car for the family for the first year, I will have to sell this next year and get another one. The resale value in UK is about £22,000. I bought this second hand. Any idea if I stand to lose (and if so, is this likely to be a huge one) if I sell the car in Oz?

Has anybody tried Anglo Pacific? We met them at an exhibition and they seemed to know their stuff. Think we will get them and Pickfords to quote us.

What have people been quoted? We wont be taking much prob pack up the kitchen (not the fridge), table and chairs, 3 chests of drawers, clothing, 1 kids bed, then books and bits. Ive been told theres no point in taking any Tvs as you get a picture but no sound?

Just need an idea of how much more money i have to squeeze out the blessed credit card! x

Has anybody tried Anglo Pacific? We met them at an exhibition and they seemed to know their stuff. Think we will get them and Pickfords to quote us.

What have people been quoted? We wont be taking much prob pack up the kitchen (not the fridge), table and chairs, 3 chests of drawers, clothing, 1 kids bed, then books and bits. Ive been told theres no point in taking any Tvs as you get a picture but no sound?

Just need an idea of how much more money i have to squeeze out the blessed credit card! x

Hi Mizzmp

We were quoted from £4100 to £4700 Scotland to Sydney, we picked Pickfords as they quoted the cheapest.:wink:

Hi Guys, I am shipping my BMW X5 3.0 D over to Victoria. I have been told that the resale value is lot less for imported vehicles. The car has done about 60,000 kms. It is a 07 registration car. I have got the 'import permit'.

Although I will be using the car for the family for the first year, I will have to sell this next year and get another one. The resale value in UK is about £22,000. I bought this second hand. Any idea if I stand to lose (and if so, is this likely to be a huge one) if I sell the car in Oz?

Redbook.com.au is a great place to go to see how much your car would be worth second hand. The 2007 BMW X5 d E70 (Mar) has a private sale guide price of $52,500 - $57,500.

You could also try places like:

* carsales.com.au

* drive.com.au

* tradingpost.com.au

* autoline.com.au

to see what others are actually selling their used cars for around your area.

TV's are generally fine to take. I know we are taking ours. That whole picture and no sound thing is an old thing between continents (even mainland Europe and UK could be tricky) and modern TV's don't have that issue.

As for shipping costs, for such a small amount I'd not like to guess. Get a few quotes done :)

I ran a poll a while back on shipping companies. Have a look at that. I'll bump it up so people can add to the thread :)

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/109264-shipping-company-poll.html

Guest sueanddarren

We got quotes from about 5 companies and PICKFORDS came in with the best value for money. We need a 40ft container due to the huge amount of expensive furniture that we are taking. 5 sets of furniture covers the cost of the shipping so it was a no brainer!!!. Crown Relocations came in a an unbelieveably professional company as well but was a tad too expensive for us. Pickfords could also be very helpful with regard to weekend packaging over a number of weeks if we wanted. We can not fault them so far and all info about them seem to be very positive. Visa applied for in October 2009, Adelaide Sponsorship Approved December 2010, Visa Granted 24th May 2011. Flying out approx 4 December 2011. Can't wait.

Guest MissBehaving

You might find people answer your question if you put it in the right place.... Try a different board for it.