register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest37336

Absolute Garbage Thread.

Guest guest37336

OK, some would say I am superstitious, but my post count is on 4,666 :shocked::shocked:, and being as how I am had to thread to get it off that dreaded number.

Seriously though, call me daft and the like, but I won't have a copy of the Exorcist in my house, and though I love Mike Oldfield I won't have a copy of Tubular Bells in the house (theme tune to the Exorcist).

Bloody daft I know, but have you any superstitions that you keep to, daft, silly, serious, funny , etc.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Absolute Garbage...

Mackay Council sent a directive to all house holders, well, in the Seaforth area, to have wheelie bins on the roadside by 6.30 AM every wednesday..The garbos only get to us at 1-2 PM...:twitcy:

Cheers, Bobj.

Do the finalists on Britan's Got Talent count?

Sue

Open your eyes; the world is outside your door

Guest Gothic Rose
OK, some would say I am superstitious, but my post count is on 4,666 :shocked::shocked:, and being as how I am had to thread to get it off that dreaded number.

Seriously though, call me daft and the like, but I won't have a copy of the Exorcist in my house, and though I love Mike Oldfield I won't have a copy of Tubular Bells in the house (theme tune to the Exorcist).

Bloody daft I know, but have you any superstitions that you keep to, daft, silly, serious, funny , etc.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Well as resident Goth I'm not superstitious about dark things like you're refering to I'm respectful of them. I'm very fond of the number 13 it has special significance & I think in my case it's lucky.

If you're up for the research you can look into the origin of the malefic number thing & you may actually find that the 666 number of beast thing is actually 661 but thats for scholars of esoterica & theology to argue about....though it may lessen your worry of the treble six.

A personal one that's odd is that I Never wear anything grey. It really negetively affects my mood. :wideeyed: So if anyone knows where to buy washing powder that makes black blacker let me know :laugh:

I have lots of odd little things I do for "Luck" etc I've been brought up with so many that these little things are naturally ingrained to the point I dont notice them. I'm interested in the history & origins behind superstitions once I know the origin I decide if I go along with the tradition or not.

Do the finalists on Britan's Got Talent count?

Only up to 7, I think...

Cheers, Bobj.

Every year on the anniversary of my mums death, her birthday and mothers day, i have to buy her flowers, on two occasions i haven't, The first time i didn't we had a power cut and my hubby broke his foot, the second time, we managed to flood the kitchen, and misplaced car keys that we just couldn't find all weekend, and the smell of her perfume was present at the time, i know she liked joking around, but i am not taking the risk again of forgetting the flowers, :wacko:

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

Guest guest30038

I never take bananas on a boat and I can't look a cat in the eye.

Guest guest37336
I never take bananas on a boat and I can't look a cat in the eye.

Always best to take another fruit on a boat Kev...........................................................................................................

Lemons maybe. (Well you did reopen the case again mate,:mad::biglaugh:)

I still 'Dib Dib' and salute to a single magpie if i see one on its own,lol, and i wont walk under a ladder,lol.

Kev,, whats the boat and banana thing ? lol i have never heard that one,lol

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

I won't walk under ladder either...not cos it's bad luck because I worry it'll fall on me! Well that would still be bad luck, but still lol. I'm not superstitious though.

Am not in the slightest bit superstitious, and never have been. My boyfriend, on the other hand, is verging on OCD with his various superstitions. We have lots of laughs about it at home.

Partner visa lodged 5/7/10, subclass 309 Partner visa granted on 29/10/10. Permanent Residency visa granted 15/11/12. :cool:

Guest Guest16631

.................i am very superstitious........................crossed knifes mean a quarrel...................always put a coin in the gift of a purse or wallet......................no lillies in the house..................no peacock or owl feathers in the house....................never light a ciggie from the third light.............this actually comes from the war.............enemy sees light .......takes aim......fires.............there are many more that have just become a way of life !!