register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest myboysjam

Sons medical referred to Australia

Guest myboysjam

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issue. Both myself, husband and eldest sons medicals have been finalized, but my 3 year olds has been referred to Australia for further examination. He was diagnosed with a heart murmur but was seen by a pediatrician here and we were told that it was absolutely nothing to worry about and wouldn't cause him any problems, it has never bothered him at all and was only picked up on once when he had a chest infection, the letter from the hospital stating all this has been sent to them. Just wondering if anyone else has had their medicals referred and if so how long it took to get a response and if it caused any other problems, it is the only thing that needs checked off for visa to be granted.

Would appreciate any advice anyone can give me :cute:

Hi me and my son had ours referred as there was a trace of blood in our urine!!! It got sent off and we heard back within 2 weeks that there was nothing to worry about! I kept checking everyday as I was panicking!!! I even rang up Maidenhead to get results lol!!!! Dont panic I'm sure all will be fine! And by the way we're liking the look of Secret Harbour too!!!!

Paul (40), Lesa (41), Jason (12) and Jamie (10)

AQF III passed 18/03/2010 TRA sent 07/04/2010 TRA Approved 27/05/2010 WA SS lodged 20/12/10 WA SS rec 03/02/11 Visa lodged 05/02/11 CO assigned 07/03/11 VISA GRANTED 10/05/11 :biggrin:

We have had exactly the same thing, the day our medicals arrived in Oz my husbands and our two boys medicals were finalised and mine has been referred ..... I had a mole removed 12 years ago, non malignant everything o.k. but I guess the paperwork has to go to a separate office to be looked at in more detail. I was having a right panic attack when I saw referred as the status but I guess it makes sense that they need to check the letters out, it's been 2 weeks for me now and I haven't heard anything :frown:

Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Tracey

Guest myboysjam

That's what I've been like as well, I'm constantly online checking to see if anything else has happened, when we got the medicals done the dr said that they might request him to get an echo done, but personally he didn't see need for it as he is a fit, healthy and very very active 3 year old, but as he said it's not his final decision, but like you I'm just panicking, we have came this far, sure will be fine but will be much happier when it's granted.

When you planning to make the move?

Guest myboysjam

Will keep my fingers crossed for you Tracey, from what you say there is nothing to worry about and even our agent has told us that they are often referred but come back fine, it's just the waiting and not knowing that's the nightmare!

Yes our agent said the same thing, so hopefully it won't be long, to be fair we're looking to move out Feb 2012 so it's not as if we are sitting here waiting to book flights to go straight away, fingers crossed for both of us x

Guest myboysjam

I know, we are the same, hoping for my hubby to go out in September though to sort out work, house, schools etc before we move the kids over but will be such a relief just to know it's been granted, will be such a weight off all our shoulders!

We are a family of 5, all our Medicals were finalised apart from my wife who has a Kidney condition that will require medication for the rest of her life, she was Referred with a medical report from our own doctor. a short time later her medical turned from Referred to Applicant approved. try not to worry too much you will be fine.

Guest LB2011
Hi, just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issue. Both myself, husband and eldest sons medicals have been finalized, but my 3 year olds has been referred to Australia for further examination. He was diagnosed with a heart murmur but was seen by a pediatrician here and we were told that it was absolutely nothing to worry about and wouldn't cause him any problems, it has never bothered him at all and was only picked up on once when he had a chest infection, the letter from the hospital stating all this has been sent to them. Just wondering if anyone else has had their medicals referred and if so how long it took to get a response and if it caused any other problems, it is the only thing that needs checked off for visa to be granted.

Would appreciate any advice anyone can give me :cute:

Hello,

Just found this post while doing a search and wanted to see how you had got on. We completed our medicals last week and my little boy who is 1 has a heart murmur. They found it at birth and he has had an ecg and an echo. We were signed off by the consulant the same day as the echo to say that it should close on its own as he gets older but may need a further scan in the future. Due to this his has been referred.

Just wanted to see how you had got on as you are in the same situation.:smile:

Hello,

Just found this post while doing a search and wanted to see how you had got on. We completed our medicals last week and my little boy who is 1 has a heart murmur. They found it at birth and he has had an ecg and an echo. We were signed off by the consulant the same day as the echo to say that it should close on its own as he gets older but may need a further scan in the future. Due to this his has been referred.

Just wanted to see how you had got on as you are in the same situation.:smile:

Same story as us, my boy now 4 had a murmur at birth it closed by the time he was one- the panel doctor picked up on this as it's in his red book..

When we took our meds me the wife and our youngest got finalised straight away my boy got referred- 3 days later it was finalised.

Hope this helps..

Guest LB2011
Same story as us, my boy now 4 had a murmur at birth it closed by the time he was one- the panel doctor picked up on this as it's in his red book..

When we took our meds me the wife and our youngest got finalised straight away my boy got referred- 3 days later it was finalised.

Hope this helps..

Thanks Winkle100 for replying. The panel Doctor did say they are quite common and when she listened to his chect she actually said she couldnt hear it. Although most doctors who have listened have struggled to hear it but as she knew it was there i assume she was kind of looking for it so maybe it has now closed. Thanks again

Guest myboysjam

Hi, my youngest sons medicals were finalized on 29 June, still waiting to hear about the visa though, hoping won't be long, so fed up waiting, always logging in to check. :twitcy:

I check the website every 10 minutes and ours only got finalised on the 18th July!!!!

Guest myboysjam

Glad it's been finalized, just wish visas would come through now that everything is done x

I think that if things are not perfect their standard procedure is to refer things to Australia, even though many conditions may be OK. My x rays were referred and got the all clear 3 weeks later.

Our 3 yo has DS. He had a full medical - which got referred, and then he had to do psychological testing and an IQ assessment both of which he passed - but both were referred. I gather it means getting passed up the line to get signed off. His were signed off and we got the Visa 2 days later. Good luck to all

Ronan

Guest LB2011
Hi, my youngest sons medicals were finalized on 29 June, still waiting to hear about the visa though, hoping won't be long, so fed up waiting, always logging in to check. :twitcy:

Am really glad all went well with his medicals. Fingers crossed that ours will to. Then its on to the next thing to worry about lol. Good luck and I hope you have that golden ticket soon. :smile:

Hi. Could anyone let me know how can I check the status of my medicals been sent online as its been 3 months and have no update. My daughters and my medical is done and my husband's is pending .. Plz let me know if I can check online .. Any link or something. Thanks