Secret Harbour??

Guest myboysjam

Guest the3bux
Hi!! What date are you flying? We are flying on 14th september, would be great to meet up when we get there, great to hear from others going through the same move, keep in touch,

Celia

Cheers for the reply we are going over at the beginning of September so we will have the accents by the time you arrive! Haha. But seriously we can't wait, need to sort work out (pipefitter if anyone knows of any work )when we get there and we have been recommended comet bay school for Bradley hope they play soccer!! we will have to keep in touch leading upto heading over there , take care Darren Sharon and Bradley x

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the reply we are going over at the beginning of September so we will have the accents by the time you arrive! Haha. But seriously we can't wait, need to sort work out (pipefitter if anyone knows of any work )when we get there and we have been recommended comet bay school for Bradley hope they play soccer!! we will have to keep in touch leading upto heading over there , take care Darren Sharon and Bradley x

Ha Ha! I cant wait either but feel like we still have so much to organise, hubbie is an electrician so he will be looking for work too, we have a short term holiday rental but need to find a long term rental before we can book the kids into a school so you never know they may be going to the same school! Keep in touch, Celia, Paul, Ben, Abigail and Claudia

Hi Guys,

We do live in Secret Harbour and have done since we got here in May 2009. We love it here and so do the kids.

I have 2 in Comet Bay Primary - Kindy and Year 3......school is family orientated and encourage you to help in the class and encourage proactiveness.

This is the school website: http://www.cometbayps.det.wa.edu.au/

My 17 year old is in Year 12 at Comet Bay College and this isnt a bad school...it has a headmaster that is changing the school for the better and I must say is better than when my son first started.

Secret Harbour has its own shoppung centre, swimming school (state Swim) Surf Club, Golf Club, Pub etc etc.

It is a young suburb and is still growing. It is about 15 mins drive from both Mandurah and Rockingham.

All in all a nice suburb to live.....no dodgy areas to stay away from (yet anyway!) lots of parks for the kids to play.

Hope this helps a little for all you newbies that are hoping to come.

Sue

Hi all

Yes i live in Secret Harbour and love it. Wouldnt live in Rockingham though, older houses and a bit rough in parts. I did rent there for 7 months and made my mind up i wouldnt want to buy there.

With schools it depends on whether you want private or state. My son is 15 and goes to private school, Maranatha in Waikiki. They have a primary school on the same site as well and its all good. I drop him off in a morning and he gets the bus back from there which drops him off right outside Comet Bay high school on the estate and he just walks up the road to where we live. He loves it, is always going on camping trips and khayaking with them as part of outdoor education. Was advised by some brummies already here to stay away from Comet Bay high school. Their son went there when they first come across here and they ended up moving him to Tranby College in Baldivis.

Secret Harbour is around an hours drive from the Perth CBD but like someone on here has already said, you can catch the train from Warnbro station and leave your car parked there if you wanted to or catch the bus to the station.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Guest tandcmum

Can anyone tell me how long it woul be to drive to Freo at off peak times as i presume working shifts as a nurse i will miss the rush hour most times ( i will be working in East Freo at Kaleeya hospital)

Can anyone tell me how long it woul be to drive to Freo at off peak times as i presume working shifts as a nurse i will miss the rush hour most times ( i will be working in East Freo at Kaleeya hospital)

From Secret Harbour its 57.21 minutes.

I use Route Planner - put route planner in Google, then select the top one which usually says Route Planner - Victoria. Go into this, change the start and end from VIC to WA and then put in post code in start (6173 for secret harbour) and end which in this case is 6158 Kaleeya Hospital, press submit and it will plan your route and tell you at the bottom how long and how far it is in kms. I used this all the time when i was job hunting, it was pretty valuable i must say.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Guest lillybeech
Sounds good to me, we all seem to be heading out around the same time so would be good.

:biggrin:

yeah keep in touch, who ever gets there first can get the barby sorted for us all. x

Guest lillybeech
Sounds great, would be lovely to meet up

Celia

yeah it would be lovely for the girls to get to know each other, they might end up at the same school. keep in touch. x

Guest lillybeech
Hey guys, we too are looking at Secret Harbour as our settlement choice. Was checking out houses to rent there and gosh there are some really nice ones with pool and within our budget!! We have two children.. son 9 and daughter 6. We are aiming to relocate there for January 2012 so children can get settled a bit before the new school term starts in Feb. My OH is a metal fabricator and I am going to wait til the children settle in school properly before I start my job hunting!!! (well thats my excuse, the lure of the beach nearby will have nothing to do with it....honestly!!!)

Waiting now patiently for CO....so hopefully soon we will be able to book flights and get the ball rolling....

Exciting times for us all ahead :biggrin:

Becks x (Boots OH)

looks like we might be all ariving there together, it would be great to all meet up. keep in touch. x

Guest boots
looks like we might be all ariving there together, it would be great to all meet up. keep in touch. x

For definite, :yes:

Becks x

Guest mrs i

We rented in secret harbour when we first arrived,then at the anchorage in shoalwater and we then bought a house in the centre of rockingham in a lovely estate called the meadows,we have lovely people on our estate(nearly every house is ex pats that have been here around 40 years,) and it's right next to city park,it depends what you are looking for in a house,we prefer older houses with bigger blocks.if you would like a newish build then secret harbour is lovely.if you are going to put your children into a public school I would pick the school first and then the area to buy as they are strict on catchment areas in some schools.safety bay school seems to be a good public school.my kids go to maranatha in Waikiki which is a smaller private school for primary and secondary.

Hope this helps xxxxx

Guest lillybeech
Sounds good to me, we all seem to be heading out around the same time so would be good.

:biggrin:

hi just thought I would say hi, how are the plans going for next feb? we are putting the house up for sale in the next few weeks we can't wait to get out there. have you got your visas yet?

nicky. x

hi just thought I would say hi, how are the plans going for next feb? we are putting the house up for sale in the next few weeks we can't wait to get out there. have you got your visas yet?

nicky. x

Hia nothing happening yet for us at the moment, I'm still waiting for my medical results they have been referred !!

I'm sure we will still be heading over end Feb though :biggrin:

Good luck with the house, keep me posted on how it's all going.

Tracey x

Guest lillybeech
Hia nothing happening yet for us at the moment, I'm still waiting for my medical results they have been referred !!

I'm sure we will still be heading over end Feb though :biggrin:

Good luck with the house, keep me posted on how it's all going.

Tracey x

hi tracey we got our visas 31st may daves were referred, we just kept checking online everyday then one night they said finalised. two days later we got our visas. you shouldn't be waiting too long. x

Keeping my fingers crossed xxx

Hi, we had our medicals in December and although Paul's and the kids were fine mine was referred, I checked it online and it didnt change but then we got an email a couple of weeks later to say we had been granted the visa so you shouldnt have long to wait, good luck!

Celia

Hi, we had our medicals in December and although Paul's and the kids were fine mine was referred, I checked it online and it didnt change but then we got an email a couple of weeks later to say we had been granted the visa so you shouldnt have long to wait, good luck!

Celia

Thank you .... I keep looking everyday I'm sure it won't be long :biggrin:

Thank you .... I keep looking everyday I'm sure it won't be long :biggrin:

I am sure it wont be long - I was the same checking the status online every day, you can go a bit mad waiting but its the best thing ever when you get that visa email, let us know how you get on

Celia

Guest guest25493

hi, we are moving to WA in a couple of weeks. we are looking at houses in secret harbour,port kennedy and baldivis and areas in between. i have a 15 yr old daughter,11 year old son and 9 year old daughter. I have been looking at kolbe college for my eldest,but will look at primary schools whilst there.

hi, we are moving to WA in a couple of weeks. we are looking at houses in secret harbour,port kennedy and baldivis and areas in between. i have a 15 yr old daughter,11 year old son and 9 year old daughter. I have been looking at kolbe college for my eldest,but will look at primary schools whilst there.

Hi there

My son is 15 years old as well and we live in Secret Harbour. He goes to private school, Maranatha Christian College in Waikiki. I am very pleased with it so far but were warned off Comet Bay which is only down the road from us. I dont know what Kolbe is like but a friend of mine, her son was taken out of Comet Bay and she put him in Tranby College in Baldivis.

Maranatha have a primary school on the same site so they are both together which i think is brill if you have different aged children and dont want to go running round everywhere collecting them all. :jiggy:

Hi, Just wanted to say good luck with your move, hope it all goes well,

Celia

Guest lillybeech
hi guys glad there are some others looking at secret harbour myself my wife and our son, aged 9 are heading there in september aswell we heard from family living out there that is a nice area, we was over there in 2007 and stayed in rockingham and travelled down the coast, beautiful areas, cant wait to get over there, hey scarby we maybe on the same flight!! will have to meet up with the boys been similar ages,

Hi we have sent you a private messasge don't know if it sent, got a message with error on. let me know if you haven't received it.