Secret Harbour??

Guest myboysjam

Guest myboysjam

Hi, we are hoping that my husband will be coming out to Perth in September with us following after Christmas. My husband is a joiner, we have 2 boys aged 7 and 3. We have been looking into different suburbs and quite like the look of Secret Harbour. Just wondering if anyone can advise if it is a nice area to live, amenities, houses and state schools. Any advice given would be greatly appreciated.:notworthy:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, good luck with all your plans.

I can't advise on the schools I'm afraid as my two are past school age. However I think Secret Harbour is a lovely area. There are always plenty of parks, this is the norm in Oz. They have their own shopping centre & plenty of housing. You have Mandurah in one direction & in the other Rockingham. Both of these have large shopping centres. In between Secret Harbour & Rockingham is Port Kennedy & Waikiki, both of these have smaller shopping centres as in Secret Harbour. Rockingham also has a wonderful beach, we spent many happy hours there.

Well sorry for waffling on, :chatterbox: hope it has been some help & as I said earlier all the very best with your plans. Oh & I hope Oz is as wonderful for you & your family as I have found it. :yes:

Guest myboysjam

You werent waffling on at all, it's great to hear about it especially from someone who lives there. Are you able to advise at all on joiner jobs in the area and could you tell me how long it takes to get into Perth from Secret Harbour please if its not too much bother. How long have you been out there?

Valerie

Hi, we are hoping that my husband will be coming out to Perth in September with us following after Christmas. My husband is a joiner, we have 2 boys aged 7 and 3. We have been looking into different suburbs and quite like the look of Secret Harbour. Just wondering if anyone can advise if it is a nice area to live, amenities, houses and state schools. Any advice given would be greatly appreciated.:notworthy:

Hia,

We too are looking at the Secret Harbour area, we are hoping to be there Feb 2012, my OH is a brickie and we have two boys age 7 and 9 ..... my cousin lives in Singleton and she has said Secret Harbour, Waikiki and Port Kennedy are great area's and there have been posts on here about the schools in this area.

Good Luck with it all and hopefully see you there :biggrin:

Tracey

Guest myboysjam

That's great to hear Tracey, just cant wait now to get out there. Might bump into each other when we are there lol, especially if you have a boy at 7, my eldest is same age, they could be at school together x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We stayed in Port kennedy for a month and looked at some fabulous houses at secret harbour, it is very quiet, but we like quiet, it is about 45km from Perth, i think the train line is built now, so its easy to get into the city, we really liked Rockingham, but i will emphasise again.......... it seemed very quiet.

Hi we are moving over to Perth in September and hoping to find a rental in either Port Kennedy or Secret Harbour, we visited in Aug 2008 and both suburbs were lovely, looked around Secret Harbour school and Comet Bay primary school which were both in Secret Harbour and they were both lovely schools. We have 3 kids, a boy 8 and 2 girls 6 and 4, cant wait to get there now!

Hi Valerie, For jobs ( of which there's usually quite a lot advertised ) have a look on http://www.thewest.com.au , http://www.westjobs.com.au & http://www.seek.com.au . The journey up to Perth driving from those areas usually takes about an hour but in rush hour could take up to 2 ! The train is approx 45 mins. Can't help with schools as mine is at TAFE. Good luck with all your plans X

Hi Brown 5,

Do you know if there is much work around the Sec Harbour area? My hubby is a bricklayer as well and we are hoping to get our CO soon and head over to Perth.

x

Hia,

We too are looking at the Secret Harbour area, we are hoping to be there Feb 2012, my OH is a brickie and we have two boys age 7 and 9 ..... my cousin lives in Singleton and she has said Secret Harbour, Waikiki and Port Kennedy are great area's and there have been posts on here about the schools in this area.

Good Luck with it all and hopefully see you there :biggrin:

Tracey

Secret Harbour another sprawling refugee camp ...why do people want to live in these

concrete jungles..

Secret Harbour is not my cup of tea, however I still think it`s a very nice place to live and certainly very family orientated - that`s why people want to live there.

Now below we have a photo of a refugee camp and a photo of Secret harbour beach - can you guess which one is which??

08_congolese_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

wa-state-junior-championships-2009-3-160-edit5x3.jpg

08_congolese_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

wa-state-junior-championships-2009-3-160-edit5x3.jpg

Hi Brown 5,

Do you know if there is much work around the Sec Harbour area? My hubby is a bricklayer as well and we are hoping to get our CO soon and head over to Perth.

x

Hia, we have family who have lived in Perth for 20 years and 2 of them are brickies, one has his own business and the other works as a sub-contractor, both of them are doing well and have plenty of work. I know they do travel around for work but nothing more than an hour, they are both based near Mandurah.

Tracey

Guest lillybeech

hi we are also looking at secret harbour, hopefully the house will sell soon and we can move out after christmas. oh is a plasterer we have a little girl age 5, it would be good if we could all meet up when we get there.

hi we are also looking at secret harbour, hopefully the house will sell soon and we can move out after christmas. oh is a plasterer we have a little girl age 5, it would be good if we could all meet up when we get there.

Sounds good to me, we all seem to be heading out around the same time so would be good.

:biggrin:

Guest the3bux

hi guys glad there are some others looking at secret harbour myself my wife and our son, aged 9 are heading there in september aswell we heard from family living out there that is a nice area, we was over there in 2007 and stayed in rockingham and travelled down the coast, beautiful areas, cant wait to get over there, hey scarby we maybe on the same flight!! will have to meet up with the boys been similar ages,

Guest tandcmum

nice to hear some positive things about the area. I am currently deciding between jobs, one in Perth (fremantle area) and one in Townsville. If we dcide on Perth we would be looking to move to the Secret Harbour area and we would probably be going out end of this year, early next year, myslef hubby and two kids who are 9 and 7

hi guys glad there are some others looking at secret harbour myself my wife and our son, aged 9 are heading there in september aswell we heard from family living out there that is a nice area, we was over there in 2007 and stayed in rockingham and travelled down the coast, beautiful areas, cant wait to get over there, hey scarby we maybe on the same flight!! will have to meet up with the boys been similar ages,

Hi!! What date are you flying? We are flying on 14th september, would be great to meet up when we get there, great to hear from others going through the same move, keep in touch,

Celia

Guest boots

Hey guys, we too are looking at Secret Harbour as our settlement choice. Was checking out houses to rent there and gosh there are some really nice ones with pool and within our budget!! We have two children.. son 9 and daughter 6. We are aiming to relocate there for January 2012 so children can get settled a bit before the new school term starts in Feb. My OH is a metal fabricator and I am going to wait til the children settle in school properly before I start my job hunting!!! (well thats my excuse, the lure of the beach nearby will have nothing to do with it....honestly!!!)

Waiting now patiently for CO....so hopefully soon we will be able to book flights and get the ball rolling....

Exciting times for us all ahead :biggrin:

Becks x (Boots OH)

Sounds great, would be lovely to meet up

Celia