and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest JES9

Att: Iron Chef - advice please

Guest JES9

Hi Iron Chef,

I purchased my car (a 2005 911) in late November 2010 in London and we are aiming to move to Sydney in or around November/December this year, although there is an outside chance that we may need to move back in late September.

Assuming we have to move back just prior to the 12 month anniversary of the purchase, do you have any ideas on how I can apply for the import licence and still get the car into Oz?

Also, do you know if the Australian government is looking to reduce the 12 month ownership condition?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Cheers

J

Hi Iron Chef,

Can you please advice me?I have a SLK 200 which I have had since new 2001.It has done 67000 mies.I have

used it as a second car and it is mint,the problem is it has no Air con.

Do I need this if the roof is down?I am going to Adelaide.Looking at the prices in oz they are double the price for a much higher

milage.I love my car, but want to be realalistic.I have heard it cost the earth in taxes ect.

Regards

Joan

Best to email me, as I'm not always on here :)

Joan, I would advise against taking it unless you truly love it. It would be better to spend the transport money on jumping up to another one over here (with aircon!).

Iron Lady Imports ... For more information visit www.ironladyimports.com or PM me on here.

Hi Iron Chef ,

thanks for you advice.

Warm Regards

Joan