Import permit - cat

Guest The Mackie's

Guest The Mackie's

Hi

I don't suppose anyone knows anything about the import permit form you fill out to take your pets over to Oz?

Quick question about the importer question (no 1), they want your details and address in Oz, you are not allowed to put "to be advised" and I won't have an address until we get out there.

Has anyone any ideas? I was thinking about putting the pet carrier who we are using to take our cat from Sydney to Brisbane?

The forms are just as complicated as the visa form for us!

Thanks

Zeta

Fortunately I have a very dear friend who has let me use her address. But if you haven't got that option I think Ali's suggestion is really helpful.

Monty

When we filled out the forms to bring our dog we didnt have an address either. However one of our friends at home knew someone that lived in this area and they kindly let us use there address.

When we went to the quarentine station I asked why they want these details when most people dont have an address until they get out there. They told me that it was purely incase something happend to the pet and they needed to contact you urgently. However he did say that they are aware that most people come over with no address and he said that as long as they have an area and a contact number (mobile) then that is ok. He also said that once you get to Oz and get an address you can call them to advise them of this.

Hope this helps.

Guest The Mackie's

Hi, can anyone in Brisbane help me and let me use their address??????????? I will buy you some chocs or a beer once we get out there!

Please?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, check if it has to be a QLD address - if not PM me and you can use mine as long as I don't end up inheriting a pooch I'm ok with it lol

Ali

Actually now that Ali has said that, they did tell me at the quarentine station that the address you give does not have to be in the same state!!

Guest The Mackie's
Actually, check if it has to be a QLD address - if not PM me and you can use mine as long as I don't end up inheriting a pooch I'm ok with it lol

Ali

Ali, thank you, you are a star! I was really stressing about it! Can you please PM your address, I promise there will be no come back. I love my cat Lloyd too much!

Zeta x

PS Thanks everyone for your help and feedback!

Hi Zeta

We have to cats arriving in Oz this Friday. The people we used did everything for us. All we had to do was book them into the Byford Quarantine in Perth. If thats where you are going. But you have to book in advance.

Hope this helps.

Mandy

Archived