176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Guest monmonroy

Congratulations to everyone... We are still waiting for a CO... Now im thinking if I have done something wrong with our application...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so much for your congrats etc. Its a great day !!. Well done to the others that got theirs today and thank you very much to Justin for starting the thread and keeping it running. I haven't contributed much (sorry) but it has been great to be part of it all and its been a great support.

Thanks all and lots of luck to us all for the future - now where did I put my glass of bubbly :biglaugh:

Rachel x

Guest Robgarner
Thank you all so much for your congrats etc. Its a great day !!. Well done to the others that got theirs today and thank you very much to Justin for starting the thread and keeping it running. I haven't contributed much (sorry) but it has been great to be part of it all and its been a great support.

Thanks all and lots of luck to us all for the future - now where did I put my glass of bubbly :biglaugh:

Rachel x

Hi Rachel,

I too haven't contributed much, but I'm sure everyone will want to thank "Chardy" for this thread, its become as much part of the process as all the Forms etc...

Congratulations, enjoy your Bubbly, and to all those who are waiting CO's, I'm sure it will come soon, they seem to be freeing up a few now...

Rob

Yahooo.... good luck mate.... you are 3rd member to get VISA.... Whats your travel plan... I am going to book my tickets to MEL by Jan 2012 (return)... How about you....

Regards

Jaffar

We are'nt going till May after the childs communion, so lots of time to organise stuff first. We are just going to Perth as we have family there and taking it from there then, getting work etc.

Are you not on perm visa no? Why the return ticket hedging ur bets r ya! :laugh:

Guest clarkymint

Congrats to all the visa grants!! They are throwing them out at the moment!! Must be unreal to finally get it, after all the hassle..

Our CO has finally changed the status of our relationship proof to "met" - yeah!! Now just need to wait for the PC and the meds to clear and for me to pass that IELTS test on the 13.08!!

Hoping to be in OZ by Nov the latest!!

Guest thekelbos
Just to add that we got our visa today,

WOOHOO WE GOT IT!!!!

On holiday in Turkey, thought I'd check my email and there it was, our visa letter!!

Lots of celebrating tonight.

Speak to you all next week

Mandi xxx

Well we emailed are poolice checks over to CO on Saturday after OH meds finalised on Thursday and guess what- we have a visa!!!!!:wink:

Omg omg omg it's here wOw wow.

Hi All,Its definitely a very good news, I have got my 176 visa approved today.... yahooo.... yahooo....

Hi Gang just to let you know we got our Visa Grant this morning!:biglaugh:

Havent been on in a while just a quick update we got our visa on 1/8/11 and accepted an offer on house so everything going so fast. Congrats to everyone who got visa through

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!:jiggy:

Are you not on perm visa no? Why the return ticket hedging ur bets r ya! :laugh:

We're booking returns too! Firstly its cheaper than a one way ticket and secondly they have a 12mth valid date so OH cousin gets married August 2012 so we'll use it to come back. Then we'll book another return ticket whilst over (or before we come if we can) as my sister then gets married August 2013! Also its cheaper to book return flights to Oz from the UK than return tickets from Oz to the UK apparently!

So thats our holidays sorted for the next 2 years!!! :rolleyes:

Guest mdeejacks
Congratulations to everyone... We are still waiting for a CO... Now im thinking if I have done something wrong with our application...

which visa are you going for??

Guest smiley
Hiya, just getting organsied for when the CO requests the Police checks, and have had a look on the Acpo website. Can anyone briefly explain about the differences in price, is it worth paying more, and where do they get sent to, the agent, or straight to the CO? Sorry for niavity. Am not totally sure why we are using an agent, as always like to get things in sorted in my own head! Guess I hadn't found PIO at the point of organsing agent.

Thanks in Advance,

Donna x

Hi Donna

im like you! i can never wait for agent to inform us of next step - im always researching/organising!!:wub:

we sent off for r police checks on 19th July, we paid for 10day service and havent received them yet! :policeman:we did get an email last week to say they got our request!

Congratulations to all the visas today :biggrin:

Hi Donna

im like you! i can never wait for agent to inform us of next step - im always researching/organising!!:wub:

we sent off for r police checks on 19th July, we paid for 10day service and havent received them yet! :policeman:we did get an email last week to say they got our request!

Congratulations to all the visas today :biggrin:

we are waiting on our:policeman:checks sent them on the 21st got email last friday to say they had received them,they have cashed the cheque so hope they come by end of week or begining of next ready for our medicals monday

Guest jaffarms
We are'nt going till May after the childs communion, so lots of time to organise stuff first. We are just going to Perth as we have family there and taking it from there then, getting work etc.

Hey Ya, I work for a bank here in UAE, got to settle few things at office and personal, got to be here till 2012 end... 2013 will book an one way ticket to MEL...

Good and enjoy sunshine @ Perth...

Guest smiley
we are waiting on our:policeman:checks sent them on the 21st got email last friday to say they had received them,they have cashed the cheque so hope they come by end of week or begining of next ready for our medicals monday

hi we hoping they come asap too. waiting for irish police checks too! got medicals on friday!

so really want everything completed next week:cute:

hi we hoping they come asap too. waiting for irish police checks too! got medicals on friday!

so really want everything completed next week:cute:

We have cypriot police checks to get, so I can't imagine that they will be very fast! From our time living there learnt that the cypriots are happy to sort things out another day!

Guest smiley
We have cypriot police checks to get, so I can't imagine that they will be very fast! From our time living there learnt that the cypriots are happy to sort things out another day!

Oh dear! I spent a few months in Greece so i know what you mean!! its a slow pace of life alright :SLEEP:

have you started looking into requesting them?!

Oh dear! I spent a few months in Greece so i know what you mean!! its a slow pace of life alright :SLEEP:

have you started looking into requesting them?!

Yep, the website has alot to be desired! There is no actual address to send the request to, sent an e.mail to them about a week ago, and had no reply. My husband is working down in Colchester for a few weeks, so am going to call the consulate tomorrow to see if they can do them for us.

Our friend did one about a year and a half ago, and was told to stick twenty euros in the envelope. He thought that he would never see it, but about four weeks later it arrived!

Guest smiley
Yep, the website has alot to be desired! There is no actual address to send the request to, sent an e.mail to them about a week ago, and had no reply. My husband is working down in Colchester for a few weeks, so am going to call the consulate tomorrow to see if they can do them for us.

Our friend did one about a year and a half ago, and was told to stick twenty euros in the envelope. He thought that he would never see it, but about four weeks later it arrived!

the 20 euro sounds a plan!:wink:

Hey hey. Small world. We are in Colchester where's hubby working ??

hmmm, thats a good question! He is staying in a Best Western, and working on the army camp. Probably sounds crazy, don't actually know what its called!!!

Oh hope he's not too homesick. we have a huge army presence here. Couple of friends have husbands in the army. Hope he comes home soon x

Oh hope he's not too homesick. we have a huge army presence here. Couple of friends have husbands in the army. Hope he comes home soon x

He's down with his company for about three weeks, working on the camp. Flying down on the monday, back on Friday. He's not away lots with his work, so it's odd. He is ex army, so this reminds me of our life 5 or 6 years ago!

Guest The Newlands
The Visa has landed.

Viva Las Visa

Houston, We have a Visa

VISA!!! VISA!!! VISA!!!

You get the drift, letter received this morning.

Si

Congratulations!!!

Your postmans keen! We dont get post till bout 11:30

Looks like champers n full english for you!