176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Morning my dear friends ,

Ive only been away aweek and abit and its all gone crazy on here a big congratulations to all of thr gang for getting your visa,s :notworthy::jiggy::jiggy:and off course any CO out there. Well got back from dropping kids off at there nans till Aug 22nd and dean & i decided to venture in the garage bloody hell it was like a minefield , eventually packed a whole van with stuff for the tip :arghh: but boy did we feel great after we got rid of our stuff still have things left but slowly getting them down , off to car booty next week whoop whoop .

We have decided we are going to perth the last week in April and ive looked at flights for singapore airlines got a quote with Trailfinders £2,256.00 for family of four what you thinks then :wink: not sure if we will stay there foe afew days then take another flight to perth or go straight all depends on how much it will cost foe hotel etc any ideas out there from you guys .

Thanks to Sarah & John for thr info on rentals i will be pm you both for some more info .well i have to get to get my lunch ready for work so im back online now with with all my friends did you all miss me :biggrin: bet u didnt notice i had left ah !!!

suzy xx

sooooooooooooo please mandi you got thr big ticket xxxxxxxxxxx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Newlands

Ive only been away aweek and abit and its all gone crazy on here a big congratulations to all of thr gang for getting your visa,s :notworthy::jiggy::jiggy:and off course any CO out there. Well got back from dropping kids off at there nans till Aug 22nd and dean & i decided to venture in the garage bloody hell it was like a minefield , eventually packed a whole van with stuff for the tip :arghh: but boy did we feel great after we got rid of our stuff still have things left but slowly getting them down , off to car booty next week whoop whoop .

We have decided we are going to perth the last week in April and ive looked at flights for singapore airlines got a quote with Trailfinders £2,256.00 for family of four what you thinks then :wink: not sure if we will stay there foe afew days then take another flight to perth or go straight all depends on how much it will cost foe hotel etc any ideas out there from you guys .

Thanks to Sarah & John for thr info on rentals i will be pm you both for some more info .well i have to get to get my lunch ready for work so im back online now with with all my friends did you all miss me :biggrin: bet u didnt notice i had left ah !!!

suzy xx

Hi,

Of course we all missed you :chatterbox:

its still a waiting game for us, i have a 2nd interview with the company i originally applied to :jiggy: ("skype"). its so strange but i guess its peace of mind when your applying for a job all those thousands of miles away. Believe me guys, its like London buses, when one job comes in others follow. I had telephone calls from other Recruitment Divisions (agencies) but I really want to go with my head and stick to the original one. This could potentially be huge, working in the construction division, Wish me luck guys :daydreaming::v_SPIN:

Sarah

The Newlands

Hi

Its worth looking at B & B's in Perth. The one we stayed in is http://www.seatrees-bb.com

I personally think it beats rentals while your container arrives. It gives you a little rest before all the work starts. Its like living in your own rental with a pool but with no bills or deposits and the luxury of a Large house as most of the B&B's are set in acres of bushland, annex with a pool. So the house has to be large to accommodate. Have a look and let me know what you think. If you do enquire, mention our names (Sarah & John). there are a few others that we have looked at so if you want more info please let me know.

Sarah

Hi Sarah, I jus want to say a huge thanks for this link. I emailed t owner yest an she phoned me for a chat. I hav also called her this morn, she is a wonderful help to us.

I would defo recommend this b&b they are great!!! xxxx

suzy xx

Hey there Suzy!! I miss ya Hun, looking forward t catching up here in sunny Wiltshire!!

Hope u had a fab hol. We booked Singapore airlines an they r Supa, we r also gettin t extra 40kilos as we r emigrating. Stil lookin at shipping companies.

Lol Lins xxx

suzy xx

Hi Suzy, welcome back !

Your flight price sounds good. We think we might do a few nights on the way on Sentosa Island, plenty for the kids and adults to do. A great way to break the journey !:cool:

Justin

Guest Crosby Family
Hi,

Of course we all missed you :chatterbox:

its still a waiting game for us, i have a 2nd interview with the company i originally applied to :jiggy: ("skype"). its so strange but i guess its peace of mind when your applying for a job all those thousands of miles away. Believe me guys, its like London buses, when one job comes in others follow. I had telephone calls from other Recruitment Divisions (agencies) but I really want to go with my head and stick to the original one. This could potentially be huge, working in the construction division, Wish me luck guys :daydreaming::v_SPIN:

Sarah

The Newlands

Hi The Newlands,

We got iur visa last thur heading off 6 th oct, can i be really cheeky and ask how you went about applying for jobs from here and then getting an interview by skype? did you have to apply for everything ir did you just go with what you had qualified in????? sorry for all the questions and if im being cheeky

Thanks

Muriel

Guest The Newlands
Hi - i have my meds tomorrow - any ideas how long it takes?

Thanks

Couple of hours maximum depending how many of you....

Can you please add a CO to the first page for me Chardy? Am so chuffed, had been hoping for it this week!

Was in the cinema when I checked my phone, so had to hold in the excitment for a further hour and a bit with my daughter till I could get out and ring my husband! Did text him, but just wanted to tell him too!

This is exciting!

Donna x :biggrin:

Guest diadeline

Hi everyone,

First of all, i want to say congrats to all who got their VISA and CO, soo very happy for them :)

If i may.. wish to join this thread

Lodged my app with DIAC on 23rd of june, 176 SS WA

Up till now havent got a word from the dep. as to be allocated with CO :( which makes me pretty worried ...

Frontloaded police clearances on 26th of jul and had medicals done on 28th of jul based on the last update from DIAC that says that they are processing applications lodged with the department before 10th of jul (as 176 type of visa)

Anyone here with a similar situation? Meaning... application lodged more than a month ago and no CO?

Best of luck to all of u :)

Guest SineadMurphy

Hi All, huge congrats to all those who got visa's in the last week. Not had the chance to get on much as my 1 yr old broke his arm!!!! They are flying in!!! Well we have pretty much decided not to wait until next yr and are putting the flat up at the end of august!! Have loads of appts booked with removal companies. Is it the australian embassy you go to get the passport stamped ??? ( If you want extra luggage allowance) Not heard much about that so any info much appreciated. :biggrin::jiggy:

Guest The Newlands
Hi The Newlands,

We got iur visa last thur heading off 6 th oct, can i be really cheeky and ask how you went about applying for jobs from here and then getting an interview by skype? did you have to apply for everything ir did you just go with what you had qualified in????? sorry for all the questions and if im being cheeky

Thanks

Muriel

Hi

Well done again for your visa, wish we had ours. :daydreaming:

When we started the process this year, i was worried that everyone I spoke to said , "noone" will entertain you unless 1, you have your visa in hand and 2, you are in OZ

This to me was like a "red rag to a bull", there must be ways I thought (yes there is the 457 sponsored route) but all I wanted was a "job offer" at what I do best.

As I work in Recruitment and have gained experience from High Street and Independent agencies, I quickly became accustomed to the Ozzie's way of thinking. So what I did was canvassed myself out to the "main players". Firstly, I rang to introduce myself and explained that I was doing some du diligence on the Local area as we thinking about emigrating to Oz in the near future:wideeyed::wideeyed:, this is something companies will "love or hate". In essence I was doing the role of a recruiter in Oz, cheecky? yes, productive? yes and rewarding? yes, as who better to talk about yourself than "yourself". Does this all make sense to you or is it as clear as mud, lol

It was the one call (and email) I made to a specific "market leader" that made me realise that this could be easier than placing your CV/resume on "seek" just to be another number in the pile of paperwork, hoping that your details will get through to the decision maker. This way your assured of speaking too, or gaining the managers/decision makers name/details.

To top this off, as i was surfing the blogs on the internet about Australia, I came across a guy who has also had dealings with the company in question. I took a little bit of his information and made further contact to the company, this time by email and HEY PRESTO! result. The International recruiter came back to me. We made an appointment to speak over the phone, 1.5 hours later we arranged a skype interview for tomorrow @ 9am. :jiggy:(1 week in advance)

As I write this message, i have been preparing my skype position and notes to prompt me, all to help me so I don't miss a thing. After all, its not very often you have 2 bites of the cherry, so I am going into this with all my passion. Hoping it will show in the skype interview.

My husbands laughs at me as to how much prep I have done. I have also been emailing frantically today, gathering all my references so I can fire them over while we talk tomorrow. As they say, (5 p's) planning, preparation, prevents poor performance!!!:arghh:

So my answer is "go with your head" apply for one job, see it through, if it falls out, try again BUT dont just apply apply apply as its stressful enough emigrating let alone job hunting thousand of miles away, you'll find yourself hitting your head against the wall, especially if you apply for jobs jobs jobs and more jobs and get no feed back. One guy on a blog said he applied for that many jobs and he didnt remember which ones he applied for so when they came back to ask him what he thought of the company he had to ask "which company" it was for. so I think my way worked for me and can do for you.

When I'm in situ, I will help as many of you guys as possible. After all, its contacts and networking that helps to ease the pain/stress.

Feel free to asks as many questions as you like:chatterbox: Its only easy if you know the answer, so Chris Ta:goofy:rrent says

Speak soon

Sarah

The Newlands:yellow_guy_smiling_

Hi everyone,

First of all, i want to say congrats to all who got their VISA and CO, soo very happy for them :)

If i may.. wish to join this thread

Lodged my app with DIAC on 23rd of june, 176 SS WA

Up till now havent got a word from the dep. as to be allocated with CO :( which makes me pretty worried ...

Frontloaded police clearances on 26th of jul and had medicals done on 28th of jul based on the last update from DIAC that says that they are processing applications lodged with the department before 10th of jul (as 176 type of visa)

Anyone here with a similar situation? Meaning... application lodged more than a month ago and no CO?

Best of luck to all of u :)

We are in the same boat and also slightly worried. We have not front loaded anything as have been told not to but seriously reconsidering. :sad:

Did you use the ACPO police form?

Fingers xxx we will hear something soon!!!!

Jessie wessie

Hi

When we started the process this year, i was worried that everyone I spoke to said , "noone" will entertain you unless 1, you have your visa in hand and 2, you are in OZ

This to me was like a "red rag to a bull", there must be ways I thought (yes there is the 457 sponsored route) but all I wanted was a "job offer" at what I do best.

As I work in Recruitment and have gained experience from High Street and Independent agencies, I quickly became accustomed to the Ozzie's way of thinking. So what I did was canvassed myself out to the "main players". Firstly, I rang to introduce myself and explained that I was doing some du diligence on the Local area as we thinking about emigrating to Oz in the near future:wideeyed::wideeyed:, this is something companies will "love or hate". In essence I was doing the role of a recruiter in Oz, cheecky? yes, productive? yes and rewarding? yes, as who better to talk about yourself than "yourself". Does this all make sense to you or is it as clear as mud, lol

It was the one call (and email) I made to a specific "market leader" that made me realise that this could be easier than placing your CV/resume on "seek" just to be another number in the pile of paperwork, hoping that your details will get through to the decision maker. This way your assured of speaking too, or gaining the managers/decision makers name/details.

To top this off, as i was surfing the blogs on the internet about Australia, I came across a guy who has also had dealings with the company in question. I took a little bit of his information and made further contact to the company, this time by email and HEY PRESTO! result. The International recruiter came back to me. We made an appointment to speak over the phone, 1.5 hours later we arranged a skype interview for tomorrow @ 9am. :jiggy:(1 week in advance)

As I write this message, i have been preparing my skype position and notes to prompt me, all to help me so I don't miss a thing. After all, its not very often you have 2 bites of the cherry, so I am going into this with all my passion. Hoping it will show in the skype interview.

My husbands laughs at me as to how much prep I have done. I have also been emailing frantically today, gathering all my references so I can fire them over while we talk tomorrow. As they say, (5 p's) planning, preparation, prevents poor performance!!!:arghh:

So my answer is "go with your head" apply for one job, see it through, if it falls out, try again BUT dont just apply apply apply as its stressful enough emigrating let alone job hunting thousand of miles away, you'll find yourself hitting your head against the wall, especially if you apply for jobs jobs jobs and more jobs and get no feed back. One guy on a blog said he applied for that many jobs and he didnt remember which ones he applied for so when they came back to ask him what he thought of the company he had to ask "which company" it was for. so I think my way worked for me and can do for you.

When I'm in situ, I will help as many of you guys as possible. After all, its contacts and networking that helps to ease the pain/stress.

Feel free to asks as many questions as you like:chatterbox: Its only easy if you know the answer, so Chris Ta:goofy:rrent says

Speak soon

Sarah

Best of luck for the interview. Hope you get the job. 2nd interview is very promising. You will have an influx of peeps joining you when we get there, myself included (hopefully - if we ever hear anything) Can you guess all is quiet????

Let us all now how you get on.

bets of luck

Jessiewessie

Guest diadeline
We are in the same boat and also slightly worried. We have not front loaded anything as have been told not to but seriously reconsidering. :sad:

Did you use the ACPO police form?

Fingers xxx we will hear something soon!!!!

Jessie wessie

I know how u feel, sooo frustrating to see other get their CO a week or two after lodging while others ( like us) are still waiting....

I planned to hold the meds and PCCs till i'd be asked by the CO, but as i read their timeline updates e-mail, they say that "Applicants in priority group 3 are therefore encouraged, where possible, to provide decision ready applications to enable efficient processing and finalisation of their applications." so i did .... now i'm hoping it wont be bad for my application :unsure:

As for police clearances, i'm from Romania, the police here have their own forms to be used, which i filled and 3 mins later i had my PCC :jiggy:

Had them translated by a autorized translator/notary then uploaded them into my application..... hopefully everything will be alright and it wont be long till the grant :rolleyes:

Diana

Hi

Speak soon

Sarah

Sounds like a plan.

Which area of recruitment do you specialise in if I may ask?

Recruitment consultants tend to be to main source of new roles for us accountants so starting a network before I get there , including via Linked In, seems to be a good start until I know when I will be onshore permanently.

Cheers

Si

Guest The Newlands
Sounds like a plan.

Which area of recruitment do you specialise in if I may ask?

Recruitment consultants tend to be to main source of new roles for us accountants so starting a network before I get there , including via Linked In, seems to be a good start until I know when I will be onshore permanently.

Cheers

Si

Hi

Good thinking batman, my expertise is within the construction division and from what i'm told it will definitely keep me busy.:biggrin::biglaugh:

Sarah:chatterbox:

The Newlands

Guest mdeejacks
Hi

Good thinking batman, my expertise is within the construction division and from what i'm told it will definitely keep me busy.:biggrin::biglaugh:

Sarah:chatterbox:

The Newlands

hello,

good luck with the interview, if you get it i might have to send my Cv off to you. ha ha

cheers

jack

Guest The Newlands
hello,

good luck with the interview, if you get it i might have to send my Cv off to you. ha ha

cheers

jack

no problem, that's what i will be their for :em0800:

i'll keep you posted

Sarah

The Newlands