176 lodged June 2011 Gang

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all my name is Sinead living in Wexford Ireland and myself, the husband Philip and daughter Mia have just recieved SS for WA. We are just waiting on a passport due on the 14 june so we can lodge visa with DIAC. Did'nt realise we would need to submit passports birthcerts etc of OH children from previous relationship, but we do and will also probably have to get medicals for the 3 of them as well apparently! The cost of it all just keeps rising with every step!:arghh:

Although on a brighter note, we only started the process in late March of this yr so to be at this stage considering some of the horror stories ive read on POI, i suppose we are lucky. CO seems to be getting assigned quite quickly after lodging seems to be anywhere between 1-3 months.

Looking forward to a better life, like i said to the OH id rather be struggling somewhere hot than cold! LOL :laugh:

what are all these different forms you have all been metioning - a 1100, 80, 1200?

what are they for?

when do they have to be sent?

any help would be great

:wub:

1100 is the form sent by the state to DIAC confirming your state sponsorship once you have signed and returned your agreement to said sponsorship.

80 http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf and 1221 http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1221.pdf (assume you meant this) are character assessment and additional info forms basically immigration security checks etc.

Get these completed and uploaded before you get your CO or wait for them to ask for them.

They should have been mentioned in your email confirming your vias lodgement.

Hi everyone,

Can we join you please? We lodged on the 7th June :) We are going Independent as I'v still got a year of my HND to finish, hoping to be there late 2012. I am a Beauty Therapist and my husband is a plumber/gas engineer x

Hi

I like your sentiment - it is supposed to be a better life - and I think if you don't try you will never know :wink:

Sara

Hi all my name is Sinead living in Wexford Ireland and myself, the husband Philip and daughter Mia have just recieved SS for WA. We are just waiting on a passport due on the 14 june so we can lodge visa with DIAC. Did'nt realise we would need to submit passports birthcerts etc of OH children from previous relationship, but we do and will also probably have to get medicals for the 3 of them as well apparently! The cost of it all just keeps rising with every step!:arghh:

Although on a brighter note, we only started the process in late March of this yr so to be at this stage considering some of the horror stories ive read on POI, i suppose we are lucky. CO seems to be getting assigned quite quickly after lodging seems to be anywhere between 1-3 months.

Looking forward to a better life, like i said to the OH id rather be struggling somewhere hot than cold! LOL :laugh:

Hi everyone,

Can we join you please? We lodged on the 7th June :) We are going Independent as I'v still got a year of my HND to finish, hoping to be there late 2012. I am a Beauty Therapist and my husband is a plumber/gas engineer x

Welcome aboard !:wink:

Guest Guest 47403
Monday is a national holiday in Oz for the Queens Birthday so you won't get hold of DIAC or States until Monday night our time !

WA don't have a holiday for the Queens Bday (only state that don't) so work as normal Monday.

:wink:

Hi

I like your sentiment - it is supposed to be a better life - and I think if you don't try you will never know :wink:

Sara

Ha ha i know, i very much doubt we could b worse off than we are here at least over there i have a chance of getting a job with a decent wage which is more than can b said for Ireland at present! So on two wages we should be grand just have to play the waiting game now.....OH Lord! :wubclub:

Guest mandi1971

We just had our police checks done and they came back fine, phew, my OH had minor offence a few years a go for being a wee bit drunk and we were scared it would affect our visas, but they came back clear :shocked:

Next step Medicals, gonna wait for the CO to request them first tho, i agree with the front loading if youre in a hurry but we arent planning to go till after xmas so plenty time yet. Its gonna take us that long to save up :wink:

We have secured a short term rental for the first couple months until our container arrives, its furnished, has a pool and they can arrange a car etc for you aswell. Here is the link if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.ozhouserental.com/lowland.htm

Mandi x

We just had our police checks done and they came back fine, phew, my OH had minor offence a few years a go for being a wee bit drunk and we were scared it would affect our visas, but they came back clear :shocked:

Next step Medicals, gonna wait for the CO to request them first tho, i agree with the front loading if youre in a hurry but we arent planning to go till after xmas so plenty time yet. Its gonna take us that long to save up :wink:

We have secured a short term rental for the first couple months until our container arrives, its furnished, has a pool and they can arrange a car etc for you aswell. Here is the link if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.ozhouserental.com/lowland.htm

Mandi x

We're holding off booking the meds too for the same reason, like to go this time next year at the earliest.

That house looks nice, bet it would be pricey to buy something like it in that location !

Guest mandi1971

If you go to that page and on the left look at all the houses they have,there's a quite a few.the price includes bills and Internet etc,just a holiday home till we have a good look about once we are there.

We'd love to go earlier but my daughters GCSE's are this time next year,so the later we go,the less time I'm away from her.

Have you decided on areas? It's so hard when you haven't been before

Mandi x

Hi all, Could I join? I lodged my application regardind visa 176 family sponsorship on 10th June. Now I am uploading my documents.:jiggy::jiggy:

Hi all, Could I join? I lodged my application regardind visa 176 family sponsorship on 10th June. Now I am uploading my documents.:jiggy::jiggy:

Welcome aboard. Can you add a timeline in your signature so we can see your journey so far ?

Good luck with the uploading !

If you go to that page and on the left look at all the houses they have,there's a quite a few.the price includes bills and Internet etc,just a holiday home till we have a good look about once we are there.

We'd love to go earlier but my daughters GCSE's are this time next year,so the later we go,the less time I'm away from her.

Have you decided on areas? It's so hard when you haven't been before

Mandi x

They do look good and ready to live in, excellent !

Not a clue on areas yet, like to find somewhere 5-10 mins from the beach with good schools. Ideally somewhere we could afford to buy a house eventually too rather than just renting.

Kind of depends on what job I find too and where it's based.

Lots and lots of if's............................:wacko:

Justin

:arghh: If I never have to scan & upload another document in my life it'll be too soon!

Think I'm there except for form 80 and 1221 and hubby's letter from his boss which he's going to write this weekend, but now wondering - if documents are applicable to more than 1 category do I have to upload them more than once so that they are under each seperate heading? And what exactly did you all upload for evidence of skills assessment? Online form just says evidence of a positive skills assessment so have uploaded TRA letter, email from DIAC just says evidence of work experience for skills assessment, and I thought I'd read somewhere else you had to upload everything you sent to TRA?

Form 80 - Q32 says "Please answer the following questions about yourself and any other person included in this application". Now hubby is main applicant and has some old driving convictions to declare on his but if we need to fill one out each do I need to put his on my form too then? Seems daft but maybe that's just me.

:arghh: Think I'm going to stop now for tonight, open a bottle of wine and catch up on here for a bit :twitcy:

Hi Wendy and Bungeeman - Nice to see some other chef's on here, (my OH is a chef )

Wendy - your story sounds familiar as we were in the same boat regarding timescales and really thought it was all over at one point! So glad we've been able to lodge our app even though we won't be in a position to make the final move for a few years.

Good luck to all 'Juners'!

Hey Saz,

It's good to see there are a few chefs around, I've not come across many so far. I'm still a bit in shock that we've actually managed to do it and with 3 weeks to spare!

Now we've all just got to wait for the excitement of COs and visa grants to start coming our way... wonder who'll be first!

Wendy x

Guest alix1412

Hello all, just to add our names to the hat - we submitted on the 8th June (although guess it would have been the 9th local time. Spent 3 hours or so uploading docs and when we pressed the "OK" button the webpage expired! Panic set in but fortunately all the docs were still there.

We've sent off the WA form and the police checks, going to organise the meds later and then wait. Think we're going to wait to be asked about the other two infamous forms in the hope that we might get away without doing them but I'm not hopeful...

Can't believe how quick it's all going so far! Good luck to everyone :-)

Guest Glenmoor

Hi there all, new to here,

I lodged my WA State Sponsership 4 days ago but haven't received an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt. Is this the norm?

It's just that when the TRA was lodged I received a confirmation e-mail. Just a little concerned that it didn't go through correctly....any help appreciated.

Dave.

Welcome to both Alix1412 and Dave (Glenmoor)

Dave,

You should have had a confirmation email by now. Perhaps sit up tonight and give then a ring first thing Oz time to check with them. I expect they are a little busy with a late pre-July flurry of applications !